Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz Verbally Agreed For UFC on FOX 9

God damnit. I wanted that Mendes/Swanson rematch bad.

Blah I didn't know Swason vs Mendes already happened. I'd rather watch something new. Swanson didn't look all that great in his last fight.

Honestly Lamas vs Mendes is the best possible #1 contenders fight but obviously that fight can't happen right now.

What is with Mendes facing these guys outside the top 10?

Lentz is ranked 8th. A lot of the guys in the top 10 are coming off losses (KZ, Siver, Koch, Guida) or are already booked (Edgar).

Lentz vs Oliveira, Dunham, Nunes were all very exciting fights. Dunno what you guys have been watching.

That Nunes fight wasn't exciting, but it wasn't boring. It was Meh. I don't recall the Oliveira fight, but Dunham vs. Lentz was only exciting because Lentz couldn't implement his wrestling against Dunham. Dunham forced him to stand.

He's had more than one, but the rest of the fights, if they weren't boring, were definitely not exciting either.

Guess you haven't seen Lentz's fights against Lowe, Dunham, Oliviera, and Mitsuoka huh?

Blah I didn't know Swason vs Mendes already happened. I'd rather watch something new. Swanson didn't look all that great in his last fight.

Honestly Lamas vs Mendes is the best possible #1 contenders fight but obviously that fight can't happen right now.

Meh, Chad vs Swanson was 3 years ago, fight can go different you know....
And i thought Cub looked great against a very dangerous guy in Siver. Much more dangerous than anybody Chad is facing.

That Nunes fight wasn't exciting, but it wasn't boring. It was Meh. I don't recall the Oliveira fight, but Dunham vs. Lentz was only exciting because Lentz couldn't implement his wrestling against Dunham. Dunham forced him to stand.

Lentz basically brawling with Dunham had nothing to do with the excitement right? Jeez, way to steal someone's credit....

cub vs mendez sounds better. i think lamas will be getting the TS now

Hilarious

Did Mendes pay Sean Sheby to only match him up with poor striking grapplers? This is his 5th in a row

Meh, Chad vs Swanson was 3 years ago, fight can go different you know....
And i thought Cub looked great against a very dangerous guy in Siver. Much more dangerous than anybody Chad is facing.

Yea fights can go different but when a German striker is controling you on the ground good luck with the best wrestler in the division.

Yea fights can go different but when a German striker is controling you on the ground good luck with the best wrestler in the division.

Mendes would probably try and stand with Cub this time around and that could end up being bad. Mendes striking has come a long way but I'd still favor Cub standing. I hope Mendes doesn't forget that he can wrestle.

Lentz is going down. Hoping for another Chad finish.

Lamas/Swanson 2 could headline TUF 18 Finale. Headlining an event might entice Lamas to take the rematch before a TS.

Though they could put it on the Fox event in Sacramento and go total WEC/retro.

Last edited:
Mendes would probably try and stand with Cub this time around and that could end up being bad. Mendes striking has come a long way but I'd still favor Cub standing. I hope Mendes doesn't forget that he can wrestle.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Still I'd rather watch new fights until it's necessary to have a rematch.

Back