Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz Verbally Agreed For UFC on FOX 9

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As reported by Damon Martin on Bleacher Report. A little weird since Lentz is scheduled to fight Dennis Bermudez at Fight For The Troops? I guess they'll find Bermudez a new opponent. What do you guys think about this fight?

It's official

UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight 14m
BREAKING: @chadmendes will face @NikLentz at #UFConFOX9 on December 14th! @MikeChiappetta's story:

Yep, looks like it. I'll take Mendes with another TKO.

Kind of strange.

So either Lamas or Swanson face each other in a rematch, (which seems strange) or one of them faces Aldo while the other is lost in purgatory for a while.

Seemed natural to let Mendes face Lamas or Swanson while the other faced Aldo.

I thought he was fighting Bermudez?

This is punishment for daring to talk bout Connor.

Well I guess they are making the rematch between Lamas & Swanson then....

Wow Lentz gets smashed bad in this fight you think they did this to knock him back down to the Prelims because he doesn't fight fan friendly style?

Wow Lentz gets smashed bad in this fight you think they did this to knock him back down to the Prelims because he doesn't fight fan friendly style?

Lentz fights aren't boring. He's had like 1 maybe 2 bad nights.

They must think Aldo will be on the shelf for a while. Lamas/Swanson for the #1 contender and Medes gets to fight at "home" against a fringe top 10 guy to keep him busy.

Mendes heading towards that "KO in a row" title faster than ever before.

Damn they are just going to have Mendes KO the entire division. Wonder what happens with Bermudez?

According to Junkie he gets Silver now.

That's a much better matchup than Lentz/Bermudez. Mendes should win yet again.

Back