Chad Mendes isn't just a wrestler, he's arguably the best MMA wrestler ever

I would place GSP among others over him, for FW sure

He's not even the best mma wrestler at his weightclass.

I have a hard time taking people seriously who think GSP is the best mma wrestler in history. It's the equivalent of saying Lauzon and Oliveria are the best bjj guys in history because they're so good at snatching up subs.

I have a hard time taking people seriously who think GSP is the best mma wrestler in history. It's the equivalent of saying Lauzon and Oliveria are the best bjj guys in history because they're so good at snatching up subs.

Of the long list of wrestlers and grapplers GSP has fought, who has out wrestled him?

GSP is one of the very best mma wrestlers ever. If Lauzon was out grappling top 10, top 5 guys who were all elite grapplers sure, you got to say Joe has some of the best mma Jiu Jitsu. Joe isn't doing it against the best.

image.jpg

Man I've quoted this probably a hundred times. I really thought it was "his" not "this", are you sure?

Best boxer, wrestler, etc in mma...pfft, do we ask who the best badminton player is among the Wimbledon top seeds?

Do we ask who the best corn hole players are during the World Series???

This is MMA, not boxing or wrasslin' 2.0.

Of the long list of wrestlers and grapplers GSP has fought, who has out wrestled him?

GSP is one of the very best mma wrestlers ever. If Lauzon was out grappling top 10, top 5 guys who were all elite grapplers sure, you got to say Joe has some of the best mma Jiu Jitsu. Joe isn't doing it against the best.

I get what he's saying and I honestly agree.

GSP's wrestling is so effective because because wrestling wasn't his only weapon. He's a really good well rounded fighter, which made wrestling easier for GSP because his opponents had to worry about other aspects of his game.

Guys like Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman, Hendo, Munoz, and on and on pretty much spent their entire lives wrestling before they got into MMA.

Let me give an example. If one of the Judokas that were better than Honda fought Honda and lost in MMA....then that wouldn't make Honda a better Judoka. It would make Honda a better MMA fighter.

You gotta' hand it to Sherdog to list there favorite wrestler as the best MMA wrestler ever. You can't even gauge that shit very well.

You could argue GSP is the best wrestler due to his high take down success rate and ground control. The same would go for Jon Jones.

I get what he's saying and I honestly agree.

GSP's wrestling is so effective because because wrestling wasn't his only weapon. He's a really good well rounded fighter, which made wrestling easier for GSP because his opponents had to worry about other aspects of his game.

Guys like Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman, Hendo, Munoz, and on and on pretty much spent their entire lives wrestling before they got into MMA.

Let me give an example. If one of the Judokas that were better than Honda fought Honda and lost in MMA....then that wouldn't make Honda a better Judoka. It would make Honda a better MMA fighter.

TS specifically said "MMA wrestler." GSP us an mma wrestler, and one of the very very best ever. More than Mendes, who iim a huge fan of. GSP has out wrestled better competition.

If wrestling credentials mattered then Derek Brunson wouldn't have out wrestled Yoel Romero.

He's not the best wrestler. TS by any chance are you a McGregor fan?

TS specifically said "MMA wrestler." GSP us an mma wrestler, and one of the very very best ever. More than Mendes, who iim a huge fan of. GSP has out wrestled better competition.

If wrestling credentials mattered then Derek Brunson wouldn't have out wrestled Yoel Romero.

TS sure went out of his way to state Mendes' wrestling crediantals outside of the octagon

GSP isn't the best wrestler ever in MMA

either he has the best wrestling or he doesn't

I don't know if I agree that he's the best MMA wrestler, I would have said GSP like so many others, but he certainly is the best at FW.

People look at the 4/7 times he took Conor down, and was very good at holding him down, and forget everything else.

It's very selective thinking and clearly it's because they don't like Conor and/or his fans.

They want to focus on Chads success and the fact that he had a short camp, while completely ignoring anything Conor did right and the fact that he didn't train any wrestling going into this because of a knee injury.

I don't know if I agree that he's the best MMA wrestler, I would have said GSP like so many others, but he certainly is the best at FW.

People look at the 4/7 times he took Conor down, and was very good at holding him down, and forget everything else.

It's very selective thinking and clearly it's because they don't like Conor and/or his fans.

They want to focus on Chads success and the fact that he had a short camp, while completely ignoring anything Conor did right and the fact that he didn't train any wrestling going into this because of a knee injury.

Mendes barely had time to train anything. At least McGregor had a full camp. Both Mendes and McGregor claim they had injuries. So that's not really relevant. At least Aldo offered up some evidence yet people wanted to claim he was faking it and scared to fight.

Back