Chad Mendes can't sleep because of loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 189

Mendes was getting hurt bad the entire time on the feet. Every strike made a huge impact on him.

LOL...what? Did you read the forums pre-fight? Chad doesnt "gas" in 45 seconds. That jump back kick to the throat and body shots/head shots faded him immediately. Look at his face at the start of the second...eye of the tiger he was not. Dude looked like he didnt want to be there.

ROFL Mendes out scored McGregor every round, on all judges cards and consensus of every mma site. He literally got bodied and only hope was to have a tactic of attrition and wait for Mendes to gas out. Sorry but getting soundly beaten and your only route to victory is your opponent gassing, a dominate champion with top all round skills he is not.

I like your optimism for Chad here but no. Not likely. Mendes isn't holding Conor down for 25 minutes and winning a decision. He also isn't finishing him. We know this much based on their last fight.

The last fight where he held him down for 2 rounds at will ?

No actually, he's saying his game plan next time is to stay on the feet as little as possible. focusing simply on movement and staying 'light on the feet' to avoid Conor's striking while he waits for an opportunity to go to the ground. He also criticizes himself for taking a risk by going for the submission attempt, because this gave Conor the chance to stand up (acknowledging Conor's superiority on the feet). So no, he cant win by striking or subs. He knows this. His plan next time is to lay on top of Conor in guard for 25 minutes and throw enough elbows from the top to 'stay busy'. He plans on fighting the most boring fight of all time. Problem is, every round starts on the feet...and Conor proved he only needs precious seconds on the feet to put Chad to away.

Well of course he doesn't want to keep the fight standing. He's a wrestler and Conor is a striker. If he has the choice, why the hell would he let his opponent fight where they want it? Of course Chad COULD win with striking, he already did land some good shots, but that's not his best chance to win and we know Conor is a good striker and not so good at wrestling.

Conor took his soul.

Dustin moved up because of him. Chad is depressed because of him. Aldo will retire and question his very existence because of him.

Honestly, you talk like a 14 year old. Do you find it rewarding to type nonsense on a forum?

"ROFL Mendes out scored McGregor every round, on all judges cards and consensus of every mma site."

Total strikes landed was 36-74 for Conor.

Sig. Strikes landed was 31 to 46 for Conor.

Either way the damage being done by Conor was FAR greater than the damage being done my Mendes. It was obvious. Mendes was getting hurt bad..just taking shots to the gut and punches to the head...one that almost dropped him in the first and finished in 2. Damage.

Last edited:
"ROFL Mendes out scored McGregor every round, on all judges cards and consensus of every mma site."

Total strikes landed was 36-74 for Conor.

Sig. Strikes landed was 31 to 46 for Conor.

Either way the damage being done by Conor was FAR greater than the damage being done my Mendes. It was obvious. Mendes was getting hurt bad..just taking shots to the gut and punches to the head...one that almost dropped him in the first and finished in 2. Damage.

Yup. 74 strikes for Conor despite having a total of 4 minutes on his feet is incredible. As for the full camp theories. A full camp would have been the difference between gassing in the 4th and looking fresh for 5, no elite athlete needs a full camp to not gas in the 1st.

yeah no shit. chad with a full camp instead of a 2 week camp which prior to that he was hunting, drinking beers and eating junk food would push conors shit in.

Two weeks was more than enough. This 'full camp' talk is just nonsense. He is already in above average shape, all he should have done was cardio in those 2 weeks, if he did any other training/sparring then its his own fault he gassed.

Mendes needs to get back in there for the closest thing to a tuneup fight the UFC offers to get a win and then go full tilt on the Twitter beefing to get a rematch some time this decade.

yeah no shit. chad with a full camp instead of a 2 week camp which prior to that he was hunting, drinking beers and eating junk food would push conors shit in.

haha love the hater comments after Conor collects another head.

All we know is that they fought and Chad couldn't make out of the second round without getting light up on the feet and KTFO. BOOM!

Honestly, you talk like a 14 year old. Do you find it rewarding to type nonsense on a forum?

That comment was funny. Lighten up man, its all fun and banter.

Must be uncomfortable to sleep on all those stacks of money he made.

Well, take some Z-quil and get over it, buddy, you lost. It wasn't your lack of preparation that caused it.

He can't sleep not because of losing, but because he took an undisclosed paycheck to let him win.

giphy.gif

Feels guilty

Lol I joke..

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/12/9144799/ufc-news-interview-chad-mendes-cant-sleep-because-of-loss-to-conor-mcgregor-ufc-189#comments

"His only way of beating me was tagging me on the feet. And you know, he does a really good job of being in your face. He has that, like, Diaz style of punching. But anyone who can move around and stay light on their feet and take this dude down wins that fight every single time. I just, after scrambling around, and fighting for the amount of time that I did, I just wasn't able to get back to my feet and be light on my feet."

"I'm not making excuses. I'm not sitting here saying that's the reason why I lost. But I feel that if I am completely prepared for that fight, I win that fight. Every single time."

And Chads only way of winning was to take him down and dry hump him to death.

No, he's saying that while he could win with strikes, wrestling, or subs, Conor can only win on the feet with no other options. I think basically he's implying that he can dictate where the fight goes and if he's in top shape, he can do it for the whole fight.

Except he was getting lit up like a Christmas tree when they were standing and the only sub he went for ended up with him conceding position, getting stood up and K.O'd.
Sounds like Chads only way of winning was to wrestle him.

Back