Chad Mendes can't sleep because of loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 189

I can't wait for Aldo to whoop Conor. I'm going to celebrate with a potatoe, some lucky charms, and a Guinness.

Well Rockhold is a tall, supposedly handsome guy and was a champ in SF so he has those things to fall back on when he loses a fight. Chad Mini doesn't have any of that going for him so his confidence is tied heavily to his performances in the cage. I think this is a good lesson to everyone that selling your legacy and pride for a quick buck just isn't worth it, even if it's more than half a mil.

LOL. So good looks can cushion the impact of defeat? "Yeah, he may have knowcked me out in the cage, but I'm still better looking?"
I claim no expertise in evaluating the looks of fellow males, but my sense is that (1) this sport doesn't draw an especially handsome group of athletes; and (2) Rockhold isn't really much better looking than Mendes.

No, he's saying that while he could win with strikes, wrestling, or subs, Conor can only win on the feet with no other options. I think basically he's implying that he can dictate where the fight goes and if he's in top shape, he can do it for the whole fight.

No actually, he's saying his game plan next time is to stay on the feet as little as possible. focusing simply on movement and staying 'light on the feet' to avoid Conor's striking while he waits for an opportunity to go to the ground. He also criticizes himself for taking a risk by going for the submission attempt, because this gave Conor the chance to stand up (acknowledging Conor's superiority on the feet). So no, he cant win by striking or subs. He knows this. His plan next time is to lay on top of Conor in guard for 25 minutes and throw enough elbows from the top to 'stay busy'. He plans on fighting the most boring fight of all time. Problem is, every round starts on the feet...and Conor proved he only needs precious seconds on the feet to put Chad to away.

And of course sherdoggers will put everything in the hyperbolic machine.

Well Rockhold is a tall, supposedly handsome guy and was a champ in SF so he has those things to fall back on when he loses a fight. Chad Mini doesn't have any of that going for him so his confidence is tied heavily to his performances in the cage. I think this is a good lesson to everyone that selling your legacy and pride for a quick buck just isn't worth it, even if it's more than half a mil.

The level of stupidity in this post is just beyond me.

So being good looking makes getting KO'd or your arm being ripped to shreds less painful than if you weren't? wow

LOL. So good looks can cushion the impact of defeat? "Yeah, he may have knowcked me out in the cage, but I'm still better looking?"
I claim no expertise in evaluating the looks of fellow males, but my sense is that (1) this sport doesn't draw an especially handsome group of athletes; and (2) Rockhold isn't really much better looking than Mendes.

Good looks can cushion the impact of most problems in life. Hot girls can get away with being bitchy, dumb, conceited, and annoying because they are hot. Good looking dudes get similar treatment.

Rockhold is routinely mentioned for his good looks (I think he is overrated), Chad Mini is routinely mentioned for his lack of stature. Even Weidman praised Rockhold for being a good looking dude as his only positive quality while also saying he sucks at every aspect of MMA in comparison to Weidman.

No actually, he's saying his game plan next time is to stay on the feet as little as possible. focusing simply on movement and staying 'light on the feet' to avoid Conor's striking while he waits for an opportunity to go to the ground. He also criticizes himself for taking a risk by going for the submission attempt, because this gave Conor the chance to stand up (acknowledging Conor's superiority on the feet). So no, he cant win by striking or subs. He knows this. His plan next time is to lay on top of Conor in guard for 25 minutes and throw enough elbows from the top to 'stay busy'. He plans on fighting the most boring fight of all time. Problem is, every round starts on the feet...and Conor proved he only needs precious seconds on the feet to put Chad to away.

To add onto this, he went for that guillotine because his head was getting bashed by elbows that were legal. He knew he had to do something and couldn't just lay there. He didn't want Conor slicing his head open and the fight getting stopped based off a cut from those elbows.

It's not a good match up for him and he just needs to accept that and hope that either Aldo or Frankie Edgar beat him. If Chad's submissions were better then that could definitely help but Conor already fought off two guillotine attempts and a crucifix.

The level of stupidity in this post is just beyond me.

So being good looking makes getting KO'd or your arm being ripped to shreds less painful than if you weren't? wow

No, but the confidence you have from being handsome and all the sycophants that garners helps cushion the psychological impact of defeat. Is this news that pretty people are happier in life??

couldnt sleep? i thought he did at the end of the second round

But anyone who can move around and stay light on their feet and take this dude down wins that fight every single time.

This is the fact, McGregor is so beatable its hilarious. His protected run and luck can only last so long.

This is the fact, McGregor is so beatable its hilarious. His protected run and luck can only last so long.

He's Irish, that "luck" could last forever. In truth, Chad was lucky to make it out of the 1st round. He was already hurt and gassed and nearly dropped with that straight left. He's fighting Aldo next and then probably Edgar, or if Aldo pulls out then Edgar next and then maybe Aldo. Two champions in a row are up for him next. Can they survive? I'm gonna go ahead and say no. Conor is the guy that will be the first to ever finish Aldo with strikes and Edgar too.

LOL I thought the "protected" BS would die after they had him fight Chad... which "theyd never do to their golden goose". Guess not. Guess theres excuses for that too....imagine that!

LOL I thought the "protected" BS would die after they had him fight Chad... which "theyd never do to their golden goose". Guess not. Guess theres excuses for that too....imagine that!

He fought Mendes with one week notice and no camp. Its completely different fight if Mendes had the opportunity to train for the fight. With no training everyone knew Mendes only had two decent rounds before he would fade. Guess what happens, McGregor gets completely bodied for two rounds and Mendes fades in the third. If anything the fight only proved how beatable McGregor is.

He fought Mendes with one week notice and no camp. Its completely different fight if Mendes had the opportunity to train for the fight. With no training everyone knew Mendes only had two decent rounds before he would fade. Guess what happens, McGregor gets completely bodied for two rounds and Mendes fades in the third. If anything the fight only proved how beatable McGregor is.

Whoa, you're a wizard who saw the third round of McGregor Mendez, please, tell us more!!

You Mendes and Aldo fanboys keep saying it was 2 days, then 1 week, then 2 weeks. How about Chad had around 5 weeks, which he said himself. His normal camps are only 6 weeks. Even if we deduct a week for PR media obligations that's still 4 weeks. Conor had to fight him on short notice as well.

You're sounding more delirious than Chad is with what he's saying. The guy that got bodied was Chad. He got bagged and tagged in 2. We know this because it actually happened. Suggesting otherwise is and attempting to rewrite history is desperate. When was Conor ever in trouble? He escaped all of his sub attempts and was never hurt by what was landed on the feet. His legs never gave out, but Chad's did, and in the very first round. Stop making excuses for a fight that Chad took without a full camp. Conor had to adjust in that little amount of time too for a completely different fighter and style. If he can't block the body work Conor put on him immediately and consistently then he'll never be able to last without gassing quickly. Being light on his feet would be a good start but he's still going to get nailed by spinning back kicks and shots as he closes the distance. Conor will walk him down and tee off as usual. All of that extra lateral movement to make him more mobile will also work to drain his cardio over a 5 round fight.

McGregor gets completely bodied for two rounds

Mendes was getting hurt bad the entire time on the feet. Every strike made a huge impact on him.

With no training everyone knew Mendes only had two decent rounds before he would fade.

LOL...what? Did you read the forums pre-fight? Chad doesnt "gas" in 45 seconds. That jump back kick to the throat and body shots/head shots faded him immediately. Look at his face at the start of the second...eye of the tiger he was not. Dude looked like he didnt want to be there.

If he can't sleep he should smoke a bowl and pull his dick, works very well for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back