Chad Mendes can't sleep because of loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 189

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/12/9144799/ufc-news-interview-chad-mendes-cant-sleep-because-of-loss-to-conor-mcgregor-ufc-189#comments

"Sometimes lay in bed still thinking about it. It's definitely going to take some time to get over it, but you know, that's just part of the game."

"His only way of beating me was tagging me on the feet. And you know, he does a really good job of being in your face. He has that, like, Diaz style of punching. But anyone who can move around and stay light on their feet and take this dude down wins that fight every single time. I just, after scrambling around, and fighting for the amount of time that I did, I just wasn't able to get back to my feet and be light on my feet."

"I'm not making excuses. I'm not sitting here saying that's the reason why I lost. But I feel that if I am completely prepared for that fight, I win that fight. Every single time."

usa-today-8691666.0.jpg

This kick I feel really hurt Mendes. It was in the first and he leaned into it. When I rewatched the fight I was thinking "Damn...did he take that kick on the chin/throat?"

Those kicks man....Chad tried to be light on his feet but Conor cuts the cage off really well and damages you badly the whole time. If both are injury free/prepared I dont see it going differently next time for "Money".

It probably ends in the 3rd or 4th next time. Chad cant handle that pace.

Conor took his soul.

Dustin moved up because of him. Chad is depressed because of him. Aldo will retire and question his very existence because of him.

Chad gassed. I hope next time he has a full camp to get his cardio to its peak.

Lmfao that Diaz style of punching? Nah he certainly isn't flatfooted nor does he throw arm punches in volume.

Conor is going to beat Aldo next and give him nightmares so bad he'll have to sleep with a nightlight on.

Usually I call BS when fighters say stuff like this, but I believe him. If Chad didn't get tired regardless of weither its from body shots or just gassing early he beats him easy imo. Hell Chad was putting him on his back when he was obviously dead tired. If he can keep from getting tired no way Conor can stuff any of them.

"His only way of beating me was tagging me on the feet."

Ok Chad. You've identified the problem. Now, do you have a solution or is it going to be another wrestlefuck lay n pray strategy from you when you do someday get to fight him again? I would just work on my striking defense, but hey, I'm not even intelligent.

"His only way of winning the fight was to hit me really really hard, which he did, repeatedly"

Usually I call BS when fighters say stuff like this, but I believe him. If Chad didn't get tired regardless of weither its from body shots or just gassing early he beats him easy imo. Hell Chad was putting him on his back when he was obviously dead tired. If he can keep from getting tired no way Conor can stuff any of them.

If the Chad that fought Aldo the 2nd time, fights McGregor a 2nd time, he wins.

If the Chad that fought Aldo the 2nd time, fights McGregor a 2nd time, he wins.

I like your optimism for Chad here but no. Not likely. Mendes isn't holding Conor down for 25 minutes and winning a decision. He also isn't finishing him. We know this much based on their last fight.

Its easy to see the devastating effect Conors strikes have on his opponents. They literally look like a video game character where every strike knocks their "life" down. Nobody can stand with Conor in the division for more than 2 maybe 3 rounds tops, and the whole time its going to be hell.

Lesson to him kids, money isn't everything. Guess that half mil doesn't help Chad Mini sleep any easier.

Cringeworthy meat-head comments.

"His only way of beating me was tagging me on the feet." Well that is 1 of the 2 ways to beat somebody in general kid lol. Your only way of beating him was on the ground, and you couldn't do it. Cry your eyes out, and maybe you'll fall asleep.

Back