Chad Mendes can't sleep because of loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 189

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Mixedfights, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Mixedfights

Mixedfights Silver Belt

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/12/9144799/ufc-news-interview-chad-mendes-cant-sleep-because-of-loss-to-conor-mcgregor-ufc-189#comments

"Sometimes lay in bed still thinking about it. It's definitely going to take some time to get over it, but you know, that's just part of the game."

"His only way of beating me was tagging me on the feet. And you know, he does a really good job of being in your face. He has that, like, Diaz style of punching. But anyone who can move around and stay light on their feet and take this dude down wins that fight every single time. I just, after scrambling around, and fighting for the amount of time that I did, I just wasn't able to get back to my feet and be light on my feet."

"I'm not making excuses. I'm not sitting here saying that's the reason why I lost. But I feel that if I am completely prepared for that fight, I win that fight. Every single time."

[​IMG]

This kick I feel really hurt Mendes. It was in the first and he leaned into it. When I rewatched the fight I was thinking "Damn...did he take that kick on the chin/throat?"

Those kicks man....Chad tried to be light on his feet but Conor cuts the cage off really well and damages you badly the whole time. If both are injury free/prepared I dont see it going differently next time for "Money".

2. Gluhov

Gluhov Black Belt

It probably ends in the 3rd or 4th next time. Chad cant handle that pace.

3. JagWar

JagWar Banned Banned

Conor took his soul.

Dustin moved up because of him. Chad is depressed because of him. Aldo will retire and question his very existence because of him.

4. TRT Champion

TRT Champion Blue Belt

Chad gassed. I hope next time he has a full camp to get his cardio to its peak.

5. mindturking

mindturking MAGAJAW™

Lmfao that Diaz style of punching? Nah he certainly isn't flatfooted nor does he throw arm punches in volume.

6. Great Angus

Great Angus Blue Belt

Conor is going to beat Aldo next and give him nightmares so bad he'll have to sleep with a nightlight on.

7. Dyson350

Dyson350 Orange Belt

Usually I call BS when fighters say stuff like this, but I believe him. If Chad didn't get tired regardless of weither its from body shots or just gassing early he beats him easy imo. Hell Chad was putting him on his back when he was obviously dead tired. If he can keep from getting tired no way Conor can stuff any of them.

8. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Blue Belt

Ok Chad. You've identified the problem. Now, do you have a solution or is it going to be another wrestlefuck lay n pray strategy from you when you do someday get to fight him again? I would just work on my striking defense, but hey, I'm not even intelligent.

9. footodors

footodors Brown Belt Platinum Member

Says everyone who loses to a striker.

10. Cptn1NSAN0

Cptn1NSAN0 shows no mercy

"His only way of winning the fight was to hit me really really hard, which he did, repeatedly"

11. Boy God

Boy God Purple Belt

12. NinjaNiK

NinjaNiK Алфа Краљица Platinum Member

If the Chad that fought Aldo the 2nd time, fights McGregor a 2nd time, he wins.

13. U.S. Soldier

U.S. Soldier Red Belt

It's going to be the other way around bro

14. THE WARMASTER

THE WARMASTER Smell those Douglas firs

Lmao fucking Ernest.

15. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Blue Belt

I like your optimism for Chad here but no. Not likely. Mendes isn't holding Conor down for 25 minutes and winning a decision. He also isn't finishing him. We know this much based on their last fight.

16. Mixedfights

Mixedfights Silver Belt

Its easy to see the devastating effect Conors strikes have on his opponents. They literally look like a video game character where every strike knocks their "life" down. Nobody can stand with Conor in the division for more than 2 maybe 3 rounds tops, and the whole time its going to be hell.

17. Great Angus

Great Angus Blue Belt

How many different Chads are there now? Doesn't make no difference which one shows up. He'll knock em all down.

This is a new era in the FW division. Aldo had a good run but now it's Conor's turn.

18. Ragnarocker

Ragnarocker Banned Banned

Lesson to him kids, money isn't everything. Guess that half mil doesn't help Chad Mini sleep any easier.

19. TheGrouch

TheGrouch Sneakerhead

Cringeworthy meat-head comments.

"His only way of beating me was tagging me on the feet." Well that is 1 of the 2 ways to beat somebody in general kid lol. Your only way of beating him was on the ground, and you couldn't do it. Cry your eyes out, and maybe you'll fall asleep.

20. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Blue Belt

He made more than a half mil. Guaranteed that much.