Chad Mendes can't sleep because of loss to Conor McGregor at UFC 189

He made more than a half mil. Guaranteed that much.

So even worse for him then cause he's still laying awake nights thinking about it. How much money would he have had to have made so he could sleep soundly at night even though he lost?

yeah no shit. chad with a full camp instead of a 2 week camp which prior to that he was hunting, drinking beers and eating junk food would push conors shit in.

He'll get his rematch at some point in time. The truth will eventually come out.

So even worse for him then cause he's still laying awake nights thinking about it. How much money would he have had to have made so he could sleep soundly at night even though he lost?

I don't know. He should just roll with it and move on though because dwelling on a loss isn't healthy or good at all for a fighter's mentality. Though Rockhold was dwelling on the Belfort loss forever and really showed that it didn't matter in his next fight so maybe it won't.

I don't know. He should just roll with it and move on though because dwelling on a loss isn't healthy or good at all for a fighter's mentality. Though Rockhold was dwelling on the Belfort loss forever and really showed that it didn't matter in his next fight so maybe it won't.

Well Rockhold is a tall, supposedly handsome guy and was a champ in SF so he has those things to fall back on when he loses a fight. Chad Mini doesn't have any of that going for him so his confidence is tied heavily to his performances in the cage. I think this is a good lesson to everyone that selling your legacy and pride for a quick buck just isn't worth it, even if it's more than half a mil.

Come on Chad thats like saying "If he didn't punch me in the face I wouldn't have been KOed"

He'll get his rematch at some point in time. The truth will eventually come out.

What if he can't sleep every night until then and that affects his training which affects his future fight performances, then he never gets another title shot? He's 0-3 in title fights and continuing that TAM tradition (except Dillashaw but he's Bang trained).

If the Chad that fought Aldo the 2nd time, fights McGregor a 2nd time, he wins.

There are no different chad's for different fights. Connor has alot more to do with how Chad looked in that fight

Except the Chad that fought McGregor was better than the Chad that fought Aldo the second time. Dont you know that fighters get better with time?

Except the Chad that fought McGregor was better than the Chad that fought Aldo the second time. Dont you know that fighters get better with time?

Except when they don't have good camps before a fight. Then they get worse.

Chad gassed. I hope next time he has a full camp to get his cardio to its peak.

yeah no shit. chad with a full camp instead of a 2 week camp which prior to that he was hunting, drinking beers and eating junk food would push conors shit in.

Guys - please stop. Chad himself isn't complaining or making any of the excuses you guys are making for him.

Chad gassed in one minute. Did the camp have something to do with that?

No, he always gasses quickly. Didn't you see the 2nd Aldo fight where he gassed after 5 rounds? Guy needs to get his cardio up.

Even with a full camp I still think McGoat wins because of his pressure style. Chad and most guys in FW are use to staying at distance when pressured they looked a bit disoriented. McGoat can stand in the pocket and move just enough. Aldo is in for one hell of a fight because he eats a lot of shots.

Come on Chad thats like saying "If he didn't punch me in the face I wouldn't have been KOed"

No, he's saying that while he could win with strikes, wrestling, or subs, Conor can only win on the feet with no other options. I think basically he's implying that he can dictate where the fight goes and if he's in top shape, he can do it for the whole fight.

You people saying Chad would have won if he didn't "get tired" are making it sound like he drank some warm milk and it made him sleepy and shit. He wasn't "tired" when the starting bell rang and he still got his guts stomped all over. That's big damage to the body....makes it hard to breathe....which makes you gas.....get it? If he comes into a rematch with twice the gas tank, then *maybe* it will take twice as many body shots, which would mean he could last twice as long, which means.......he goes out in round four.

He really got smashed bad, his observation is right Connor every time they are on their feet put the pressure against Chad and Chad was tired.

Back