Chad Dawson vs. Jean Pascal

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a big fight on August 14th. Who do you see winning? I think Chad Dawson will win a unanimous decision.

Yeah I see Chad winning by UD pretty easy, but after this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if it is alot closer fight then I thought.

You're probably right.
But I really, really, really.........really want Pascal to win.

I think with his activity level and his ability to counter he will be a live threat to Dawson.

I was also hoping that Yusaf Mack would have beat Glen Johnson, because I think a little tournament with Mack, Dawson, Pascal and Cloud would have been out of this world.

Then another meaningful fight at lightheavy in September - Cleverly v Murat.

chad wins a close fight but dawson habit of falling asleep will make this a tight close fight.cleverly lack of defence costs him against murat

chad wins a close fight but dawson habit of falling asleep will make this a tight close fight.cleverly lack of defence costs him against murat

I'm concerned about that too.
I haven't seen the fight of Murat v Campillo - but I'll take the MD win at face value. That's an impressive win for Murat. I have never been unimpressed by Campillo. A win over him means something for a fighter as young as Murat.

But, I still think Clev is something special. I think he will outwork and keep Murat on retreat during the fight.

Where are my Pascal backers!!!??

Dawson will win clear cut decision and afterwards people will question how healthy Pascal shoulder was even though that had nothing to do with the clinic he puts on. Dawson is a tough sell because he can't put guys away but usually wins comfortably.

I'm concerned about that too.
I haven't seen the fight of Murat v Campillo - but I'll take the MD win at face value. That's an impressive win for Murat. I have never been unimpressed by Campillo. A win over him means something for a fighter as young as Murat.

But, I still think Clev is something special. I think he will outwork and keep Murat on retreat during the fight.

Where are my Pascal backers!!!??

i get eurosport so i watched murat last fight against american club fighter Tommy Karpency, murat was great for the first few rounds even got a good kd but karpency movement and defence gave murat problems.if clev fights with movement and angles he will win but i think he will go for a ko which will cost him.pascal shoulder injury makes me reculant to fully back him

I want Chad Dawson to win.

Pascal ftw!!!

Well, I'll be cheering for him, but I expect Dawson to get the UD.

I love watching Pascal but I'm afraid he doesn't win this fight. Dawson by UD

Pascal will tire himself out with his wild punches, I dont see this as a close fight one bit, it'll all be Dawson 11 rounds to 1

Dawson by UD

I was also hoping that Yusaf Mack would have beat Glen Johnson, because I think a little tournament with Mack, Dawson, Pascal and Cloud would have been out of this world.

that sounds like a great idea

i want pascal to win because dawson doesnt fight often enough, and when he does, he doesnt fight up to his potential.

Same dawson UD, is my pick. But it could be close, don't count pascal out just yet.

I'll be cheering for Pascal but this is a tough one for him. Dawson UD. I hope that Jean can at least push Dawson so that we see a decent fight.

When you look at Pascal's record, it is hard to know what to make of the last couple of years. Tough fight against Froch (which looks better and better in hindsight) but it is not like the scores were particularly close (mostly 116 - 112 is memory serves me). Then 2 clear victories of Diancu who is top 10 but nothing special (let's face it - if you can beat a guy decisively despite having a seperated shoulder the other guy can't really be that good). I think that there were1 or 2 tune up fights in there as well.

Not hating on Pascal because I consider myself a fan of his. Just saying that Dawson is a huge step up. At least we know that Jean will come to win and that the Montreal fans will have the Bell Centre rocking.

This fight has got Dawson by UD written all over it, but then again you never know with pascal's wild punches anything can happen.

Agreed, for HBO having a horribly weak Fall Schedule...this is a good fight, Pascal is one of the few decent Canadian boxers out there with Bute and David Lemieux. Hopefully HBO will focus more on the LHW division. If Dawson wins, a Dawson/Cloud fight will be great. I'd also hope HBO would eventually position Bute to move up and fight Dawson since the Super Six will be going on for a while. Dawson/Bute in Montreal would be a huge deal as long as Dawson keeps winning and Bute gets past Jesse Brinkley

Back