Chad Dawson vs. Jean Pascal

And once again HBO Canada won't be showing it.

I don't know why anybody'd subscribe after Bradley vs Abregu, and now Dawson vs Pascal.

I'm sure it has something to do with French broadcasting ppv, but it's sadly ridiculous.

They always do this when a Canadian is fighting (Pascal, Bute even Alcine on an undercard), blame the Canadian promoters for being retards.

Like always, this fight is only available in French language PPV, only on Bell for people outside Quebec.

STREAM!

How big is boxing in Canada now compared to when guys like the Hilton brothers or Stephane Ouellet were fighting?

Were they big draws too?

It's something else to see fighters like Pascal, Bute, Lemieux filling seats in stadiums.

COME ON PASCAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuckin' A I can't wait!!

Jesus that Pascal is a specimen.

(Not knocking Dawson either btw).

Should be a good one.

I hope it's a good fight.

I expect Dawson to put on a breakout performance tonight. Hes up against an excellent, aggressive fighter and is giving up home court. The only way for him to win this one is to really put it down, and I think hes too good to lose to Pascal. Just my two cents.

Whenever I watch a weigh in, I feel really weird after for cheering while watching two usually buff guys strip to their underwear.

That said, I pick Dawson. This is sad considering I'm a proud Canadian, but Pascal is hittable, and Dawson is fast and accurate. Plus Pascal doesn't fight at a tempo that can really put the preassure on Dawson which is what you need to win. I just see Dawson as a much better verson of Pascal which doesn't give me a lot of hope.

Who knows, maybe Pascal has fixed some of his holes and will be able to shine. Nice to see him getting to the big stage.

Almost everyone picked Chad Dawson to win.

I wonder what Merchants blood alcohol level is tonight?

Got the fight on, I'll post my round scoring here (I don't want to postwhore).

Thoughts:

- Stop using "Not afraid" by Eminem anymore in your walk-outs.

- Hurry up Pascal.

- Good crowd...reminds me of Boston.

- Tough rounds to score...

- Would love to see Pascal in MMA gloves.

My scorecard:

Round 1: 10-9 Dawson

Round 2: 10-9 Pascal

Round 3: 10-9 Pascal

Round 4: 10-9 Dawson

Round 5: 10-9 Dawson

Round 6: 10-9 Pascal

Last edited by a moderator:
War Pascal....

You can feel the love for Dawson in the walkout eh? lol.

Wow, they actually mentioned Showtime's tournament.

Dawson's entrance was weak. Just standing there while one of Eminem's worse songs played.

man..montreal always brings it with its crowd, whether its boxing or even UFC..

did they just say that Bute was regarded as the #1 guy at 168 the way Dawson is regarded at 175???

Back