Chad Dawson vs. Jean Pascal

Same here. There's plenty of opposition for each in their respective division and although the fight would be huge in montreal (and i'd love to see it), I don't think the timing is right. If they both keep winning, they should do it in a year or two.

I hope Pascal picks Cloud also but I wouldn't mind a Hopkins fight.
Green though? meh..

I'd actually blocked thoughts of Green out of my head... which is bad in some ways. The guy probably does deserve a big fight after his demolition of Jones... even if it wasn't enough to save us from the RJJ/Hopkins rematch.

As for Hopkins... this may come across as strange considering the way I've been ragging on Dawson and him avoiding fights... but Chad has been hunting for a Hopkins bout pretty much since he first beat Tarver and Hopkins has had nothing to say. For him to now jump at the chance of facing Pascal just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Then again, I realise that there are actually no fights I really want to see Hopkins in...

Since his win over Dawson, Pascal's promoter was contacted by Hopkins, Don King (for Cloud) and Danny Green's management, all three are seeking a fight with Pascal.
HBO is pushing for Pascal-Bute but Bute's promoter said that he's not interested in moving up to 175 yet.

Cloud's the only one of those three opponents I'd like to see, and it would be nice to see Cloud get back in the ring again quickly. He shouldn't be taking one fight a year.

Cloud, Johnson, and Pascal together can make some interesting fights over the next few years. 175 is the kind of weight class where guys stay at. Cruiserweight is no man's land. To be honest, I still think Dawson can prove to be the guy of the division in two years time when the trio has most likely fought everyone. I expect him to be aggressive in a rematch with Pascal. When he did put his foot on the gas he was making a mark on Pascal and had him hurt multiple times.

Some of the guys at 168 will most likely be in the mix as well with these guys, and I like it a lot. 175 is a great weight. The guys are big and strong enough where you see a lot of knockouts, but not out of shape and lumbering like many heavyweights these days. With this new generation of talent taking center stage I think there will be great fights.

Cloud's the only one of those three opponents I'd like to see, and it would be nice to see Cloud get back in the ring again quickly. He shouldn't be taking one fight a year.

Cloud, Johnson, and Pascal together can make some interesting fights over the next few years. 175 is the kind of weight class where guys stay at. Cruiserweight is no man's land. To be honest, I still think Dawson can prove to be the guy of the division in two years time when the trio has most likely fought everyone. I expect him to be aggressive in a rematch with Pascal. When he did put his foot on the gas he was making a mark on Pascal and had him hurt multiple times.

Some of the guys at 168 will most likely be in the mix as well with these guys, and I like it a lot. 175 is a great weight. The guys are big and strong enough where you see a lot of knockouts, but not out of shape and lumbering like many heavyweights these days. With this new generation of talent taking center stage I think there will be great fights.

The only problem 175lbs may have is that a lot of the talent is European... and European based. Obviously between Cloud, Pascal, Diaconu, Dawson, Mack, George, Garay and Henry you have some decent US talent (and I'm sure I missed some out) but with Campillo, Shumenov, Cleverly, Braehmer, Erdei, Sukhotsky, Kuziemski, Murat, Karpency, Sanavia and Cleverly all living and fighting in Europe and the likes of Meroro being African based but with closer connections to Europe there's a chance the division ends up splitting in two with little to no contact between the two sides.

The only problem 175lbs may have is that a lot of the talent is European... and European based. Obviously between Cloud, Pascal, Diaconu, Dawson, Mack, George, Garay and Henry you have some decent US talent (and I'm sure I missed some out) but with Campillo, Shumenov, Cleverly, Braehmer, Erdei, Sukhotsky, Kuziemski, Murat, Karpency, Sanavia and Cleverly all living and fighting in Europe and the likes of Meroro being African based but with closer connections to Europe there's a chance the division ends up splitting in two with little to no contact between the two sides.

Damn, now that is a stacked division.

Damn, now that is a stacked division.

To be fair some of those names are clearly on the prospect side of things... and others are limited (Garay... although he does have a win over Campillo to fall back on), but they're all names that will be in and around the title scene... probably for the next 3/4 year or more.

I do not have the want or desire to read through this thread, I would just like to say Chad was going to KTFO of Pascal.

I agree , Pascal was getting tagged and he was gassed if it wasn't the headclash Chad would have won .

Back