CFB Playoff Discussion v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not paying restitution.
Dumb waste of money to incarcerate someone over trees.

I thought you went into witness protection, cause you disappeared pretty quick after that game. LOL, jokes aside, yeah I have been. I'm prepared to eat crow if Oregon beats Ohio State. I didn't think Ohio State would win so its great that they did, beating Alabama makes it even better. Man, the internet is a wonderful place.

It was a mixture of me having the flu and finally hooking up my Xbox. I replaced my usual internet time with Farcry.

He was either tripped or pushed in the back there.

I think the man reason why Captain Davis is so butthurt is that Urban totally outcoached/clowned on Saban for this game.

The coaching was definitely poor. The things that stand-out:

1. Not running the ball more. Running away from Bosa was working well and it kept their offense off of the field.

2. On the play after the shanked punt, I liked the play call to Howard in the end zone; however, it was not drawn-up well. Howard beat his man but White ran a post route bringing Von Miller in the area to intercept the pass. It really didn't make a lot of sense given Howard's route was the first read and it just created a lot of clutter on that side of the endzone. Maybe White ran the wrong route there.

3. Should not have blitzed on the third and ten when up 20-6. The defense was already getting pressure with four and the corner blitz left a safety on OSU's best receiver, which was a great match-up.

4. OSU's blocking schemes were nice. Their big plays were the result of them getting guards/center on Alabama's linebackers quickly.

5. Not getting other receivers more involved knowing Ohio State had three weeks to plan for Cooper.

6. Having slow-as-a-snail Trey DePriest responsible for the middle of the field against any team not named Arkansas or LSU.

There were some other personnel decisions I really didn't like. All-in-all, it was pretty awful. After SEC West teams started dropping like flies, I figured Ohio State would probably win. I was already skeptical before bowl season started; this team never passed my vaunted eye test.

I can't buck up and watch our game to give reasons why we lost, there would be too many to list

I can't buck up and watch our game to give reasons why we lost, there would be too many to list

How about: they ran into a buzz saw that doesn't have an off switch?

I still think the Oregon offense is a gimmick. The problem is that their gimmick is really fucking dangerous.

I just wish we played a good game. We had what 5 turnovers? 5 turnovers and over 500 yards of offense. Still woulda lost because the D couldn't stop em but at least it would have been close

Also want to point out JK Scott is very good. He can basically flip the field even punting from his own end zone.

Also want to point out JK Scott is very good. He can basically flip the field even punting from his own end zone.

That was pretty much the most ridiculous punting performance I've ever seen. He literally kept Alabama in the game. It was un-fucking-believable.

Can Oklahoma hurry up and hire Lincoln Riley already?

Can Oklahoma hurry up and hire Lincoln Riley already?

Why you want him gone? Another Air Raid coordinator doesn't exactly get me all excited but that is what it's looking like.

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Why you want him gone? Another Air Raid coordinator doesn't exactly get me all excited but that is what it's looking like.

He's good between the 20s but he's a horrible RZ play-caller. He's way to predictable. I just want him gone.

It was a mixture of me having the flu and finally hooking up my Xbox. I replaced my usual internet time with Farcry.

I know what that is like, I've been playing a lot less Destiny lately. Was playing it too much/

He was either tripped or pushed in the back there.

Good thing he is going pro, otherwise Nicky Sabs might take his scholarship since he didn't get the job done.

The coaching was definitely poor. The things that stand-out:

1. Not running the ball more. Running away from Bosa was working well and it kept their offense off of the field.

2. On the play after the shanked punt, I liked the play call to Howard in the end zone; however, it was not drawn-up well. Howard beat his man but White ran a post route bringing Von Miller in the area to intercept the pass. It really didn't make a lot of sense given Howard's route was the first read and it just created a lot of clutter on that side of the endzone. Maybe White ran the wrong route there.

3. Should not have blitzed on the third and ten when up 20-6. The defense was already getting pressure with four and the corner blitz left a safety on OSU's best receiver, which was a great match-up.

4. OSU's blocking schemes were nice. Their big plays were the result of them getting guards/center on Alabama's linebackers quickly.

5. Not getting other receivers more involved knowing Ohio State had three weeks to plan for Cooper.

6. Having slow-as-a-snail Trey DePriest responsible for the middle of the field against any team not named Arkansas or LSU.

There were some other personnel decisions I really didn't like. All-in-all, it was pretty awful. After SEC West teams started dropping like flies, I figured Ohio State would probably win. I was already skeptical before bowl season started; this team never passed my vaunted eye test.

RTR ATL's eye test is VAUNTED.

Not a good night when your punter is your team's best player.

you goons, I am pretty turnt up already. This is gonna be a LONG work day, which I plan on accomplishing some work, at least hopefully. I was offered a ride down to Arlington on Friday, which I turned down. I wish I wouldn't have. Tickets are going under face value, so I really wish I was going to Arlington right now. Oh well. I'm only 35% confident, and will probably take the points tonight, you know if that sort of thing was legal. I am gonna try desperately hard to not look at this thread during the game. I probably won't post on here after the game either, especially if Ohio State wins (duh). Will be posting throughout the day, but I wanted to get this out of the way, because I was hoping it would relieve some of the anxiety - it didn't.

I know what that is like, I've been playing a lot less Destiny lately. Was playing it too much/

Good thing he is going pro, otherwise Nicky Sabs might take his scholarship since he didn't get the job done.

RTR ATL's eye test is VAUNTED.

Not a good night when your punter is your team's best player.

Bama has to stay #UNVAUNTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back