Cerrone VS Pettis (Stand Up)

I agree with you and dev, Pettis is a whole different animal and a way better striker than Guida.
I think Maynard might be able to take him down though!

Yeah, Maynard's no slouch. It'd be a good challenge for Pettis after he fights Bendo. So many good fights to be had a t lightweight right now.

A. Dan Hardy does have a Kung Fu background

dude he went to a shaolin temple retreat when he was a teen for like a week.:icon_lol:

and modern day shaolin amounts to little more than performance wushu. Thats like saying his base is peking opera

Is anyone interested in seeing Pettis vs Diaz? I think it would be a fun affair.

This right here. Everyone is saying Pettis used TKD on Saturday. Then when I ask why, they say well he trained in TKD for 20 years, and blah blah. Well he trains in a shit load of other stuff,so why is TKD getting credit? Are you guys saying it doesn't matter what we see in the cage, as long as the fighter says he is doing xyz, then that's what it is? Roy Nelson says he is a kung fu fighter. Did he do Kung Fu against JDS when they fought? I suppose Anderson used TKD against Forrest too.

Pettis KO'd Cerrone with a roundhouse to the body.

That is TKD. Im not sure why everyone on here thinks TKD is some 540 degree spinning tornado ISKA demo zhit but a roundhouse kick to the body is TKD, just as it is MT, and Karate.

Pettis KO'd Cerrone with a roundhouse to the body.

That is TKD. Im not sure why everyone on here thinks TKD is some 540 degree spinning tornado ISKA demo zhit but a roundhouse kick to the body is TKD, just as it is MT, and Karate.

It was amusing looking at the ufc discussion thread on pettis and TKD in mma. there were actually people saying he and other guys display no tkd at all because their hands arent down and they arent throw spinning kicks regularly.

Even in the bouncing foot fencing brand of TKd the roundhouse is still the kick that is being used most of the time. TKD did alot to popularize the damn kick ffs.:icon_lol:

Agreed!

Other than Pettis beating Bendo, which he absolutely could but I doubt it'd be convincingly. Bendo's a smart enough fighter that once he realized that exchanging with Pettis on the feet is unwise, he'll resort to dragging him down and overpowering him. I think it a very good fight, but hardly one where I'd see it as a convincing victory for either.

This is fair, I think where we disagree is over Bendo's wrestling. Bendo really likes to mix up his wrestling and his strikes--- he took Diaz down at will because he was causing Diaz trouble on his feet. I don't think he will give Pettis the same trouble and so I don't think Bendo's wrestling will be as effective.

But yeah, maybe convincingly is a little too much. I just didn't want to wreck the flow of my post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back