Cerrone Is Easily 15 lbs. Heavier than McGregor

I thought that this fight was at WW. Conor is small at WW ( a bloated 5'9 ). Has not knocked out any one at that weight.
Has had only 2 fights in the last 3 years both at Lightweight ( last one 15 months a go ). Cerone went the distance against Lawler at WW and Lawler hits harder than Conor. His last two losses were against top two lightweigths. The only way Conor can win is by KO.
I think that the bookies have it wrong. I can not resist betting on Cerone at +265.
I know that UFC wants to make a Conor-Usman fight and this is a prelude so that's my only worry. If Mark Goddard refs this fight, I would be really worried. Anyone know who the ref is going to be?

Yea, sure pal. Like I said your a fraud. I don't believe you've competed in Boxing or Jiu Jitsu in your life.
Nope I haven't

I started with pankration

Competed in that a few times at some low level tournaments

That's about it

I could compete right now in boxing if I really wanted to. Maybe even kickboxing. Last few years some huge improvements have been made

Nothing about me has been dishonest since day 1 my friend

And you can put that on my soul

it is your own projection, not mine. It's easier to attack my credibility than admit you might actually be wrong about some things.

Your stubbornness has been the biggest factor in our arguments

I take Conor completely out of the equation In this

I dont let him influence my opinion either way.

Nick has always been bigger. 100% accurate. And it should be expected, Nate has been in a continuous state of cutting to lightweight throughout his career.

But he has never been small. He has the exact same frame as Nick in terms of height, reach, length.

Its very easy for someone like that to add extra weight if they choose to

There is an interview with Nick where he says that he could fight at 3 weight classes if he chooses to. 155, 170 and 185.

Nick himself has already fought at 160. Are we to assume Nate cant do the exact same In spite of having the same sort of frame?

Nate by his own words was 175 pounds against rory and during his last ww run in his early 10's. He definitely grew. Its very clear that he added some mass and grew Into his frame

But of course, me acknowledging that fact, I must have some agenda.

I'm not the one with the agenda here or a narrative to uphold

Nick is a strong frame of reference for me in this debate.

Even Tony is known to walk at 200 pounds outside of camp and he has a very similar frame to the Diaz bros
175 vs Rory proves my point. That's tiny for a ww. Rory himself was coming in at around 200 lbs as a ww.

As you said there are lws like tony and khabib that are near 200 lbs in the cage.

175 vs Rory proves my point. That's tiny for a ww. Rory himself was coming in at around 200 lbs as a ww.

As you said there are lws like tony and khabib that are near 200 lbs in the cage.
Nate fough rory 8 years ago

He was very skinny back then.

These are more recent

Idk exactly how much he weighs, but his frame definitely filled out with age as it often does
Screen-Shot-2016-06-27-at-12.00.38-AM.png ufc-202-diaz-v-mcgregor-2-5.jpg mma_ufc158_30.jpg DVNoF3mX4AEkNJl.jpg kk.jpg 4508f21b8b362d184fa8473b19352ed5.jpg

Conor's legacy from beating midgets is now fighting against big unskilled oafs with over 10 losses on their records

At no time has either Khabib nor Tony ever weighed 200 lbs inside the cage.

EDIT: at least not at lightweight

Nate fough rory 8 years ago

He was very skinny back then.

These are more recent

Idk exactly how much he weighs, but his frame definitely filled out with age as it often does
View attachment 709445 View attachment 709447 View attachment 709449 View attachment 709451 View attachment 709453 View attachment 709455
That's a fair point he's definitely added mass in recent years. If he was in this shape at ww in his prime he might have done better. I'm a big Nate fan and imo he surpassed Nick some time ago.

At no time has either Khabib nor Tony ever weighed 200 lbs inside the cage.

EDIT: at least not at lightweight
That's why I said near and not exactly. There are a number of lws who've said they come into the cage at 185 or higher. That's CLOSE to 200 lbs and two full weight classes higher.

How brave of him to fight 2 journeymen that are marginally bigger than him instead of top ranked guys the same size as him.
Why should Conor fight top ranked guys? He hasn’t had success in the ufc in years

That's why I said near and not exactly. There are a number of lws who've said they come into the cage at 185 or higher. That's CLOSE to 200 lbs and two full weight classes higher.
I don't think 15 pounds of difference between from 185 to 200 pounds are near, but we don't have to agree on that.
I highly doubt though that Khabib weighs anywhere near 185 since IV's were banned. Many people say that he's huge for lightweight, when he's not even the biggest guy in his weightclass, at least not anymore.
Kevin Lee, Ferguson and in my opinion McGregor as well are at least his size, if not significantly bigger.
100-3.jpg

This is a rather recent picture of Conor and i think he's just as big as Covington, as Colby is taller, but not nearly as muscular.
19.jpg

Granted, Conor won't look exactly like that inside the cage, but i just think it's time to acknowledge that Conor is definitely a big lightweight, whereas Khabib is not as big as people make him out to be, although he's a rather big lightweight as well.

Just one more thing to add: the determining factor on how much muscle fits on your body in relation to your height/length, is the circumference of your wrists, elbows and other joints in your body and when looking at pictures of Conor, it's (IMO) very clear that he's actually quite big boned.
Certainly bigger than most people make him out to be, at least.
320_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

I don't think 15 pounds of difference between from 185 to 200 pounds are near, but we don't have to agree on that.
I highly doubt though that Khabib weighs anywhere near 185 since IV's were banned. Many people say that he's huge for lightweight, when he's not even the biggest guy in his weightclass, at least not anymore.
Kevin Lee, Ferguson and in my opinion McGregor as well are at least his size, if not significantly bigger.
100-3.jpg

This is a rather recent picture of Conor and i think he's just as big as Covington, as Colby is taller, but not nearly as muscular.
19.jpg

Granted, Conor won't look exactly like that inside the cage, but i just think it's time to acknowledge that Conor is definitely a big lightweight, whereas Khabib is not as big as people make him out to be, although he's a rather big lightweight as well.

Just one more thing to add: the determining factor on how much muscle fits on your body in relation to your height/length, is the circumference of your wrists, elbows and other joints in your body and when looking at pictures of Conor, it's (IMO) very clear that he's actually quite big boned.

Conor isn’t big boned, that’s why he was a 5’9 FW. A big LW was Tibau. Conor was a large FW, average sized LW.

He’s got decent reach for LW but height, weight and leanness (and overall muscle mass) are all average.

Conor isn’t big boned, that’s why he was a 5’9 FW. A big LW was Tibau. Conor was a large FW, average sized LW.

He’s got decent reach for LW but height, weight and leanness (and overall muscle mass) are all average.

Tibau was mainly bigger (in weight) than anyone, because he had absurd amounts of muscle on his body.
As for Conor: why do you keep bringing his height up? if someone is not very short or tall for his weightclass, it's not really telling, but anyways, the "short" Conor McGregor has a longer reach than Robert Whittaker (188cm/74" to 187cm/73.5").
Besides that: Conor is rather big than small boned.

Again, this is not what a small boned person looks like.

TLDR; Conor is a big lightweight - not large like Tibau or Kevin Lee, but far from small.

100-3.jpg

19.jpg

I'd agree with this

People make khabib out to be some huge lw because of him supposedly cutting from 185. But that's what he walks around outside of camp. Its known khabib gets a bit fat between camps.

Him being hospitalized had more to do with lack of discipline in his diet than him actually cutting some ungodly amount of weight.

I think hes a good sized LW tho, he has a lot of mass in his back. Conor seems like he has a few pounds on him.

Yea, sure pal. Like I said your a fraud. I don't believe you've competed in Boxing or Jiu Jitsu in your life.
He learn everything he knows the Sherdog training section and watching DVD’s with James Thompson.

He learn everything he knows the Sherdog training section and watching DVD’s with James Thompson.
Learned from the best actually. At least in their respective disciplines

Only thing hes got on me is grappling

Thia petty squabbling all comes down to Conor with both of you guys tho.. lol. It's pretty sad at this point. The attacks on credibility with no real explanation and everything else just to not acknowledge things I say might actually hold some weight.

Last edited:
I'd agree with this

People make khabib out to be some huge lw because of him supposedly cutting from 185. But that's what he walks around outside of camp. Its known khabib gets a bit fat between camps.

Him being hospitalized had more to do with lack of discipline in his diet than him actually cutting some ungodly amount of weight.

I think hes a good sized LW tho, he has a lot of mass in his back. Conor seems like he has a few pounds on him.
Yeah, i wholeheartedly agree man.

People need to realize that it doesn't matter too much (if at all) what fighters weigh outside of the camp; 185 pounds is really not a big deal for an average-sized person who has a few pounds of muscle.
(What's really telling for the most part is the water-weight they're cutting).

Yep, Khabib definitely has a solid size for his weightclass, i'd say he's one of the bigger lightweights, but i really fail to see how he's ducking welterweight.

As for the comparisons with Conor: yeah, i think Conor was a few pounds heavier in that fight.

What's quite funny/interesting, is that Khabib and Conor have their bigger muscles in the exact opposite areas of their bodies:
DoV4dkoX0AIO1QH.jpg

Tibau was mainly bigger (in weight) than anyone, because he had absurd amounts of muscle on his body.
As for Conor: why do you keep bringing his height up? if someone is not very short or tall for his weightclass, it's not really telling, but anyways, the "short" Conor McGregor has a longer reach than Robert Whittaker (188cm/74" to 187cm/73.5").
Besides that: Conor is rather big than small boned.

Again, this is not what a small boned person looks like.

TLDR; Conor is a big lightweight - not large like Tibau or Kevin Lee, but far from small.

He has good reach for a LW but average size/strength elsewhere. Should have stayed at 145 where he had a significant size advantage (which helped him in the grappling).

I thought that this fight was at WW. Conor is small at WW ( a bloated 5'9 ). Has not knocked out any one at that weight.
Has had only 2 fights in the last 3 years both at Lightweight ( last one 15 months a go ). Cerone went the distance against Lawler at WW and Lawler hits harder than Conor. His last two losses were against top two lightweigths. The only way Conor can win is by KO.
I think that the bookies have it wrong. I can not resist betting on Cerone at +265.
I know that UFC wants to make a Conor-Usman fight and this is a prelude so that's my only worry. If Mark Goddard refs this fight, I would be really worried. Anyone know who the ref is going to be?

dont matter who the ref is gonna be they are all corrupted they will all have a ear piece in with dana on there other end to signal when to stop the fight for some bullshit tko

Back