Cerrone: Conor wouldn't be able to sh*t talk me, I'd f*ck him up whenever I saw him

BS talk aside, it'd be really interesting to see how Conor used his range to get in and out against a guy that's 6' tall. He'll probably have to fight Cowboy eventually on his road to 3 world titles.

holloway is 5'11, i know he's no cerrone. just throwing it out there.

It's been pretty well documented that Cowboy had issues "freezing up" in fights in the past. Apparently his work with a sports psychologist did wonders for that and he doesn't overthink things pre-fight anymore. It wasn't Diaz yapping that made Cerrone toss strategy out the window and just stand and box with Nate. He did the same thing with RDA, just stood there and didn't fight like himself.

I'd say his recent results would indicate he's fixed his issues. He's fighting more frequently than anyone, fighting good competition, and kicking ass.

Conor via clean off, round 1

Next:pettis.

After that:the world

Never liked cowboy. If any fighter should be called fake it's him, acting like a stupid cowboy all the time, he's a dick too.

of course all the praise cowboy was getting will now be turned to insults by the gregorians

Like Diaz right?

Eh, whatever. Cowboy's a stud anyway.

Never liked cowboy. If any fighter should be called fake it's him, acting like a stupid cowboy all the time, he's a dick too.

You know the guy actually rides bulls, worked on a ranch, all that "real" cowboy stuff right?

You can not like him, but he's hardly "fake".

And for all the guys who are like "I'll fight anyone, anytime, blah blah blah", he's the one guy who actually has proven he will. Guy seems to fight every few weeks, and has said he'll fight any WW's too if there's no plausible LW fight for him at a given time.

No big surprise here. When has Cowboy ever turned down any fight? I'd imagine he'd make a very good gatekeeper for Conor's emergence into the LW division, on his way to Pettis. Now THAT'S a fight I'd like to see!

It's been pretty well documented that Cowboy had issues "freezing up" in fights in the past.

When did he freeze up? He beat Henderson in their first fight and got robbed. Got caught in a guillotine in the second before Henderson was known for them. He agreed to fight Diaz standing up and didn't go after him on the ground and people act like Diaz KHTFO out or something. That famous gif? Cerrone came after him after that. And what's Diaz done since? Pettis got him with a good body shot early in the fight after Cerrone had to stay inactive for six months before Pettis was ready to fight him. His last loss was to #1 Rafael dos Anjos who is a hell of a fighter and Cerrone held his own.

People act like Cerrone is some sort of journeyman. It's ridiculous. He beat the crap out of better competition last year than anyone in the UFC. He deserved Fighter of the Year. Yet someone like Conor McGregor gets more praise for fighting a guy now that Cerrone easily beat in 2011 and no one ever cared about his win over Siver. They called him a can.

Last edited:
Cerrone just sealed his status as my favorite fighter ever.

Conor would box him up just like Nate did but finish him quick like Pettis did.

You are talking about essentially a gatekeeper in Cowby vs. an all-time great in McGregor. Huge mismatch.

Cowboy would destroy McGregor. No doubt in my mind.

Conor is really rangy and big for his weight class but I think if he moved up then Cowboy is just tough as hell, that isn't a fight I think Conor wants to make. If he makes Cowboy mad he might find himself getting his legs kicked off.

Conor would box him up just like Nate did but finish him quick like Pettis did.

You are talking about essentially a gatekeeper in Cowby vs. an all-time great in McGregor. Huge mismatch.

U-WOT-M8.jpg

You know the guy actually rides bulls, worked on a ranch, all that "real" cowboy stuff right?

You can not like him, but he's hardly "fake".

And for all the guys who are like "I'll fight anyone, anytime, blah blah blah", he's the one guy who actually has proven he will. Guy seems to fight every few weeks, and has said he'll fight any WW's too if there's no plausible LW fight for him at a given time.

It's just an image, he acts like that on purpose just to create an image, it's stupid, puts on a cheap accent and wears a dumb hat. He's not even a cool cowboy either he just wears dumb shit and speaks hick, I just think he's a dick.

I actually am a fan of his fights and how much he fights and stuff like that I just don't like the stupid image or the dumb stuff he says.

If Conor moves up to 155 Cerrone should be his first match.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back