Celebration after injury

And didn't Do Bronx got injured attempting to take Max down, and Max defended it, pushing Do Bronx do the fence?

Seems to me Do Bronx got injured by a defensive action made by Max...

no. When you sprawl and defend the takedown your not thinking "Sweet that probaly tore his esophogus just like It was supposed to."

Fans who take it personally must be rooting for the injured fighter. These guys don't really know what is going on until they have a second to calm down. He knew his win was cheap during the post fight. He still gets that win bonus though.

Agrees with TS, good opinion bro. Let's say the fight had been a great war like Hunt vs Bigfoot, and on the 5th round one of the man suddenly had a popped knee, that would be ok, but those guys celebrating those miraculously wins is kinda dumb, I wouldn't feel like a deserved it, like when Silva defeated Cote, just like I wouldn't feel very good getting a judges-gifted decision, I hav my own code of honor

Depends on the situation. Yea the one last night was kinda shitty by Holloway but I don't blame him the dude was happy he doubled his pay and didn't get hurt.

Of course I would be happy to get a win, and get a bonus for it, but I wouldn't jump the fence to celebrate it, a little bit of excess in that.

I know it looks a bit cringer and awkward but you can blame then, they spend months in training to win the fight and when actually happen is no surprise they are very excited

I understand getting happy about a victory, a bigger paycheck, getting closer to TS and all. But celebrating the way he did, as if he had just beat Aldo is stupid.

I absolutely hate it when a fight ends due to a freak injury and the other fighter runs around and jumps on the cage basking in victory as if he just finished his opponent. Afterwards they are like, yea, I beat him, completely by my own skills.

I hated it when Chris Weidman did his victory lap after Anderson Silva broke his leg, when Tyrone Woodley took complete credit for his win over Condit when he said he kicked his leg and that was the reason his knee gave out even though the leg he didn't kick gave out from a takedown before that and I also hated it how Holloway acted after Olivera's oeso****us tore.

These are all injuries that normally do not happen when the 2 combatants exchange techniques. They are a byproduct, not the goal on itself of whatever technique they were using. Neither fighter had the idea that these actions could lead to the injury, and when they happen, you cannot take full credit for the win, I hate that. The shin should not break after a check, the knee should not give out after a grappling exchange and the oeso****us should not somewhat randomly tear itelf apart. Those who think it is common for a shin to break after getting checked should think again. So many kicks get checked in striking arts like Kyokushin Karate and Muay Thai and a break rarely happens. If it was so common the low kick would be barely used for the implicated risks. Instead, it is a staple of many full contact striking sports.

This is nothing to take away from the winning fighter that they would otherwise have lost or something like that, but they can't say or act like they conquered their opponent in that fight. In Glory, Gokhan Saki did it right when Tyrone Sponge broke his leg on a low kick check. He didn't jump on the ropes and started celebrating. Instead he was aware of what happened and called it an unfortunate accident, which is what it is and Saki stayed classy that way.

I can tell you've never worked hard at something in your life. Am I right?

Max is 23 years old and headlining an event is a lot of pressure. He's got a lot of eyes on him right now and I hope nothing but the best for him.

The courage it takes to call out a guy like Frankie Edgar is crazy.

It's a fight. Get over it.

I believe a fighter should perform a full medical evaluation on his opponent to determine if the injury sustained was directly a result of his action or a byproduct prior to celebration.

As it stands, the latest news of this particular injury's causation was being punched in the throat, or so it appears. A. Silva broke his leg because Weidman used a defensive move to counter an offensive move with the injury being the best intended result for the defender. Grow a set of balls - proverbially speaking.

They spend months training for a fight and are relieved that it's over. It's not worth getting upset about.

45WW0wy.gif

It was a little weird... but can't take anything away from Max. He looked great to that point and Olivera's injury probably had a lot to do with Max slipping that take down attempt, securing a wizard and Olivera crashing into the fence.

Max was directly responsible for the injury, it just wasn't his intention.

The magic wizard..... try whizzer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back