Celebration after injury

I remember Siyar celebrating like he won the Superbowl the time Cyborg got injured when they fought. Also I was there the night poor Jason Macdonald got his leg fucked in Montreal, John Salter acted like Joe Carter when he hit that World Series winning home run lmao. I can't really hold it against the guys because they trained so hard, prepared themselves mentally for the fight, it's just a little jarring when you see it.

I thought Max showed a lot of aloha after he knew what happened.

Not a fan of the celebration on the surface

But as mentioned, it can be more a relief than anything. 3 months of grinding away for a maximum of 25 minutes of effort and most likely less. A win means a potential title shot in 2016. A loss means that is two more years and 3+ more chances of failure (losing) again. His opponent is down, he won. He gets almost literally twice the amount of income, he didn't get a career setback injury, he gets to go home to his family and relax and know that he is closer than he ever has been to a UFC title.

That's a fuckton of emotions there going through a persons head. I try to be hesitant to judge anyone on their actions surrounding sorting that out.

There's no reason to get upset. In the moment, I doubt he knew Oliveira was injured and was just thinking "I won, it's over". He wasn't basking in Oliveira's pain or rubbing it in. He was glad it was over with and behind him.

Pretty much that right there, and once he realized what happened he did show concern and even looked like he apologized to Charles corner

I remember Siyar celebrating like he won the Superbowl the time Cyborg got injured when they fought. Also I was there the night poor Jason Macdonald got his leg fucked in Montreal, John Salter acted like Joe Carter when he hit that World Series winning home run lmao. I can't really hold it against the guys because they trained so hard, prepared themselves mentally for the fight, it's just a little jarring when you see it.

John Salter is the reason Jason leg got injured in the first place

It was a little weird... but can't take anything away from Max. He looked great to that point and Olivera's injury probably had a lot to do with Max slipping that take down attempt, securing a wizard and Olivera crashing into the fence.

Max was directly responsible for the injury, it just wasn't his intention.

woodley's win over condit was 100 % woodley. won every second of that fight before CAUSING the injury, and was smart enough to start kicking at condit's legs to end the fight.

Pretty much that right there, and once he realized what happened he did show concern and even looked like he apologized to Charles corner

giphy.gif

weidman did the correct defense and anderson kicked hard enough that a break happened

it was 100% weidman doing the correct move and not some freak bs

They spend months training for a fight and are relieved that it's over. It's not worth getting upset about.

This. injury is part of the game. you're winning without breaking a sweat...not getting hurt and locked your victory and move up. What's not to celebrate? Max actually showed he had the courtesy to check on Aloe Vera if everything was ok. Sometimes you get handed a W without putting much effort.

That was a huge win for Max. Big name opponent, main event and puts his win streak in a tie with Aldo.

I'd like to add that it's VERY impressive he racked up 7 wins in 2014/2015 alone.

Active fighters are the best.

That's the point.

It was not a win.

Depends on the situation. Yea the one last night was kinda shitty by Holloway but I don't blame him the dude was happy he doubled his pay and didn't get hurt.

In other cases though like the Weidman Silva fight I think Weidman was perfectly justified in celebrating. Silva made a mistake (your supposed to set up your low kicks with punchs) and the chris made him pay for that mistake as brutal as it was.

The worst was when John Salter celebrated after beating Jason MAcdonald though. Salter looked like a real shithead.

You can see it both ways. Celebrating may be a bit of exaggeration but from a fighter's point of view they are happy it's over and that they won.

I remember when A. Silva won via injury vs Cote and he was very sad and disappointed.

Well he was the only one, everyone I was with was happy as fuck that shit show was over.

Anderson breaking his leg was caused by a defensive action by Weidman. Weidman did right by celebrating. Defernse is part of the game.

And didn't Do Bronx got injured attempting to take Max down, and Max defended it, pushing Do Bronx do the fence?

Seems to me Do Bronx got injured by a defensive action made by Max...

A lot of times I think guys do it on purpose to try to solidify it as a legitimate win knowing there will obviously be questions on how it played out.

And didn't Do Bronx got injured attempting to take Max down, and Max defended it, pushing Do Bronx do the fence?

Seems to me Do Bronx got injured by a defensive action made by Max...

I don

Back