Cat Zingano Vs Cyborg

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I know this is an odd match-up and you all probably think Cyborg would destroy Cat, but Cat is extremely durable. She got hit with several heavy shots by Nunes who is a beast in the first round and she was still able to finish Nunes and I think Cat is a better grappler than Cyborg. She didn't look that good against Pena, but Pena's best strength is her wrestling and Cat's probably got the best chin out of all the other female fighters, in my opinion.

What do you guys think?

She'd certainly be a better opponent than her last 3 Invicta challengers.

Cat beats her, if Carano was able to mount Cyborg then Zingano definitely can.

That was seven years ago. Cyborg is an incredible wrestler now.
No she isn't, when has she ever shown any wrestling in an MMA fight? She got held against the cage for 3 or 4 minutes during her last invicta fight and that was by somebody half her size.

Cat is coming off a couple losses. I think she could make it a good fight, but she needs a victory before she thinks of fighting someone like Cyborg

Like two fights ago she fought some russian Ibhrami-something girl who wasn't really that good and the russian was able to grapple up with her for most of the first round.

Also, bit easier to stop people's wrestling when you're juiced to the gills and fighting weak competition as she has been. I could see Cat or Pena or even Valentina getting her down and doing some damage. Pena especially. She's all about that top control.

I like Cat a lot but this is a mismatch. Pretty much anyone out there who was to face Cyborg right now is going to have their asses handed to them unless something really strange happened.

It's a fight I'd certainly be interested in, but I'd expect Cyborg to brutalized Cat in the first round. Cat is a notoriously slow starter and has sketchy fight IQ. That's a bad combination against Cyborg.

Oh yeah, what suggests that? She was juiced to the gills.

Went on to defend the Strikeforce womens featherweight title twice ( the third time she tested hot admittedly )

Then won the Invista featherweight title and defended it 3 times ....

That suggests to most that she has improved as a fighter.

Would like to see that fight. Lot of people saying Cyborg is fighting weaker competition, but when she asks for the tougher fights, none of them are willing to step up and go up 5 pounds.

The fight with Pena showed how less effective Cat was against someone she doesn't have a strength or cardio advantage over. If she pulls her slow start crap with Cyborg and lets her tee off like she did with Nunes, she's going to get flatlined.

Cyborg murders Cat in under 2 minutes. Cat is a slow starter and won't have the luxury of Cyborg gassing like Nunes did. Easy night at the office for Borg.

Went on to defend the Strikeforce womens featherweight title twice ( the third time she tested hot admittedly )

Then won the Invista featherweight title and defended it 3 times ....

That suggests to most that she has improved as a fighter.
No it doesn't and you know it, she has been fighting blown up flyweights.

Back