Casein Protein

Is there any place where I can get cheap casein? I started lifiting again, and want to get bigger and stronger, but for now I just have whey.

Is there any place where I can get cheap casein? I started lifiting again, and want to get bigger and stronger, but for now I just have whey.

The Dry Curd, no fat cottage cheese is best, price wise I think. It's also much less in the sodium department I believe, if that's a concern.

muscle milk is not the best choice b/c it has way too much saturated fat which is actually detrimental to muscle gaining

50320-Ch.jpg

6 grams of Sat. Fat in 2 scoops is too much?

Uh-huh.

I know it was touched on briefly at the start of the thread...

But can anyone recommend a casein to use before bed while cutting? Should I even use casein while cutting or are there other products that are better before bed?

Saturated fat is pretty useless, that's the one thing I hate about Muscle Milk. Testosterone and Cell Membranes are incredibly overrated.

saturated fats are useless? are you being serious because i honestly dont know.

I feel I put on some of my best lean mass gains (175-195) when I was eating about 2-3 cups of whole cottage cheese before bed. I also had a really clean bulking diet, but this definitely helped.

But can anyone recommend a casein to use before bed while cutting? Should I even use casein while cutting or are there other products that are better before bed?

I would like to know the answer to this question as well.

muscle milk is probably the best shit out there take before and after work outs for the best results the 30 min window after your work out is the most ideal

It is not ideal PWO. Putting fats in PWO is never a good idea.

I hear testosterone production is a bad thing

I've heard the same thing

I think someone like this told me

wimp.gif

You could ask which type of chicken is best to eat.
Find something that is cheap and tastes ok (I usually wouldn't say this, but its food after all) and go for it.

And yes its fine if you're cutting

It slows protein absorption.

*wink*

*chuckles* no it doesn't. Pick up any Nutrition 101 book from any college and it will tell you this. Fat is absorbed in the lymphatically, protein and carbs in the intestinal tract. They don't compete with each other.

The reason you don't want it PWO is simple. Fat is mobilized PWO it is being shuttled in numerous directions and physiological pathways. Adding fat PWO goes on to further create a big traffic jam. Thats why.

*chuckles* no it doesn't. Pick up any Nutrition 101 book from any college and it will tell you this. Fat is absorbed in the lymphatically, protein and carbs in the intestinal tract. They don't compete with each other.

The reason you don't want it PWO is simple. Fat is mobilized PWO it is being shuttled in numerous directions and physiological pathways. Adding fat PWO goes on to further create a big traffic jam. Thats why.

Would an interpretation of that statement be that it indirectly slows protein assimilation (in the muscle)?

No. It in no way shape or form slows protein or amino absorption.

Back