News Carlos Condit retires

I'm sad. I know he wasn't the same anymore but I was really hoping for some legends fights, maybe him and cerrone
Regardless, he is one my favorites and I hope he has a great life outside of mma he deserves it

Once one of the most exciting fighters there's ever been while I've been watching MMA. At his apex he had a 85%+ finish rate, an iron chin and was an action fighter. It's a sad day when a guy this exciting retires but in a way, I'm happy he has chosen to hang them up rather than continue to lose fights or take any unnecessary damage. Condit was must see TV.

None of you Diaz guys rain on the parade of this thread which should be filled with respect. Please.

I can’t imagine he’s set for life from his ufc fights the best thing for him is to just fight for as long as possible.
It’s what they love to do. It’s not as dangerous as breathing in fumes at a factory or being an electrician or a garbage man. Or dozens of etcs. Much safer much higher pay.

if he doesn’t like doing it and can retire at 37 then that’s great for him.

but 37 retiring with no real income has got to be terrifying.

Carlos fought smart showing he had a diversity of approach and intelligence in his fighting. Diaz fought like Diaz and basically lost a sound 4-1. I like Nick a lot. Incredibly exciting fighter but he had almost nothing for Condit unless Condit complied with his fight style because Nick wasn't good enough to force him to fight his way. It is what it is.

I agree with most but at the end Condit style was exactly like Nick's. For him to give that style up specifically for Nick and fight a style he didn't want shows it bothered him.

That's the only fight he always mentions he wish he could do all over. I think he knows deep inside that Nick was better in his style he had and loved. Even in winning and moving on to title fights and others, that's the fight he wishes he could do over.

He represents my home state New Mexico and I've seen every fight he had since amatures. I was literally shocked he fought like that. It doesn't erase his awesome career though, just a black eye I guess you can say .

I agree with most but at the end Condit style was exactly like Nick's. For him to give that style up specifically for Nick and fight a style he didn't want shows it bothered him.

That's the only fight he always mentions he wish he could do all over. I think he knows deep inside that Nick was better in his style he had and loved. Even in winning and moving on to title fights and others, that's the fight he wishes he could do over.

He represents my home state New Mexico and I've seen every fight he had since amatures. I was literally shocked he fought like that. It doesn't erase his awesome career though, just a black eye I guess you can say .

Winning a fight 4-1 and outclassing your opponent is far from a black eye on a resume.

Was so close to finish gsp
maxresdefault.jpg
I thought he was going to win right there. It's not very often Condit has someone hurt and doesn't get the finish. :(

Carlos fought smart showing he had a diversity of approach and intelligence in his fighting. Diaz fought like Diaz and basically lost a sound 4-1. I like Nick a lot. Incredibly exciting fighter but he had almost nothing for Condit unless Condit complied with his fight style because Nick wasn't good enough to force him to fight his way. It is what it is.
It didn't help Diaz that his corner kept telling him he was winning when he clearly wasn't.

Please God stay away from Triller and BKFC...enjoy the much deserved retirement

It didn't help Diaz that his corner kept telling him he was winning when he clearly wasn't.

Every time Nick got aggressive he ate a kick and got outstruck. The revisionism and saltiness from that fight which lingers to this day is hilarious.

Condit owes me $49.99 for that PPV against Diaz. I ordered a fight not a marathon race.
that’s one of the few fights i was able to catch at my local movie theater with buddies for a few bucks. we absolutely loved the fight tbh the fallout on sherdog was catastrophic though. it was like 9/11 for mma fans.

Unfortunately he was just making weight and showing up for a payday in his last few fights. Zero motivation, zero fire. I hope hes well off financially. He's been in big main event ppvs through out the years. I hope hes doing fine. But you know the UFC. They're cheap.

Every time Nick got aggressive he ate a kick and got outstruck. The revisionism and saltiness from that fight which lingers to this day is hilarious.
I'm actually a Condit fan, but if Diaz had tried to grapple he very likely would have won. Diaz doesn't have good takedowns but Condit's TDD was easily his greatest weakness.

I'm actually a Condit fan, but if Diaz had tried to grapple he very likely would have won. Diaz doesn't have good takedowns but Condit's TDD was easily his greatest weakness.

That's like saying if Condit had TDD he's the JBG GOAT and probably has a few title defenses. You're not wrong though.

Idc how bad the Diaz fight was, Condit won a world title. Idc if it was interim, he won a world title. One of my favorite fighters ever. Im so happy he got a win against Matt Brown. I'll miss his fights, but good for him

The Lawler fight was a masterpiece. To bad he was robbed!

I really wish people could understand the buzz around the Condit-Diaz fight. Fans legitimately thought it was going to be MMA’s version of Gatti-Ward or Hagler-Hearns. A lot of people were looking forward to that fight and telling non-MMA fans to tune it, that was the talk on Sherdog pre-fight.

that’s one of the few fights i was able to catch at my local movie theater with buddies for a few bucks. we absolutely loved the fight tbh the fallout on sherdog was catastrophic though. it was like 9/11 for mma fans.

That fight was suppose to be our Gatti-Ward or Hagler-Hearns. Two all-out action fighters going head to head. I was shocked by what I was watching.

Easily my favorite fighter of all time, the hype when he was up and coming in New Mexico was fun to see. Legit bummed but it seems the fire isn't what it used to be for him.

Hes also the first fighter that caused me to get backlash on here lol, when he beat Diaz I made a joke about him winning via superior game plan and the comments and messages I got were wild lol, fun times.

Lez be honest, he should've been WW champ. He beat Robbie, I don't care what the judges said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back