News Carlos Condit retires

Condit owes me $49.99 for that PPV against Diaz. I ordered a fight not a marathon race.

This. That fight was supposed show his abilities to the max. Before that fight he would go for the kill against every fighter . With Nick, nope . Point fighted for the W.

I know the title shot was on the line but even he said himself that he had to follow the game plan to secure that win. I understand from financial point but he let himself down and his true fans.( Me) he's from my home state .

I have only nice things to say about condit, good luck for the rest of his life and thanx for all those years.

I'll be forever mad that he was robbed of having a belt

Once one of the most exciting fighters there's ever been while I've been watching MMA. At his apex he had a 85%+ finish rate, an iron chin and was an action fighter. It's a sad day when a guy this exciting retires but in a way, I'm happy he has chosen to hang them up rather than continue to lose fights or take any unnecessary damage. Condit was must see TV.

None of you Diaz guys rain on the parade of this thread which should be filled with respect. Please.

I'm a fan of both but I was disappointed in that fight. Nick and him were made from the just bleed gods .

He’s a legend and a great person. Wish him nothing but the best in life. War NBK.

This. That fight was supposed show his abilities to the max. Before that fight he would go for the kill against every fighter . With Nick, nope . Point fighted for the W.

I know the title shot was on the line but even he said himself that he had to follow the game plan to secure that win. I understand from financial point be he let himself down and his true fans.

That night could have elevated him to a superstar. A lot of casuals/first time MMA watchers tuned in that night. He still had a good career though but that was an opportunity.

Perhaps one of the most overrated fighters in the history of the UFC.

I won’t miss him at all.

That night could have elevated him to a superstar. A lot of casuals/first time MMA watchers tuned in that night. He still had a good career though but that was an opportunity.

Yup. It definitely would've raised his stock for sure.

Good timing.
I enjoyed his fights (back when he was a killer).
Still salty he didn't get a nod when he fought Robbie.

War Condit! One of the top chins in the sport.

If Nick was better he would have forced Condit into a dog fight.

Condit was better in certain areas for sure. Mobility was one of them . His coaches knew that obviously and I agree it was the smartest path to victory.

To say he was just the better fighter is very debatable. He admitted himself that he wished he fought Diaz the way he fought all previous fighters. It seemed like he was ashamed how he fought . Crazy that it was Nick that changed his style out of nowhere . That's pretty telling backing what I've said about it being debatable who the better fighter was.

Condit was better in certain areas for sure. Mobility was one of them . His coaches knew that obviously and I agree it was the smartest path to victory.

To say he was just the better fighter is very debatable. He admitted himself that he wished he fought Diaz the way he fought all previous fighters. It seemed like he was ashamed how he fought . Crazy that it was Nick that changed his style out of nowhere . That's pretty telling backing what I've said about it being debatable who the better fighter was.

Carlos fought smart showing he had a diversity of approach and intelligence in his fighting. Diaz fought like Diaz and basically lost a sound 4-1. I like Nick a lot. Incredibly exciting fighter but he had almost nothing for Condit unless Condit complied with his fight style because Nick wasn't good enough to force him to fight his way. It is what it is.

He beat jobby lawler in that title fight but got judge plooked

Good decision, enjoyed him in WEC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back