Carl Froch is a flat earther...

I have to chime in again with this....

I wasnt even at a real high point, but took a few photos when i was in Italy a few years ago..here is one of them....

DSC-0749.jpg

Looked kind of curved to me at the time, and still does...

And no, its not a mark on your screen, some fucking bird photbombed my shot and thats why there is a fly like blot in the upper left section of the photo

I believe you. I was in Ibiza a few days ago looking out across the sea and I looked at the horizon and it looked very slightly curved to me just like your pic.

I don’t believe you flat earthers. You just want the attention. Nobody in the planet can be that fucking stupid.

Dedinitely looks pizza-shaped to me. Maybe a calzone.
This is the misconception that people have of our beliefs

The uneducated flat earthers call it pizza shaped.

My research has found that the curvature isn't due to a global shape or a pizza shape.

Picture a stromboli.

The crusts on each side are curved. That's our atmosphere.

The middle pepperoni and sauce is our continents and oceans.

NOW....does that make more sense?

I believe you. I was in Ibiza a few days ago looking out across the sea and I looked at the horizon and it looked very slightly curved to me just like your pic.

you got fish eyes!

Can a flat earther (a real one) explain to me why anyone would go through this complex facade to make up a universe full of rounded planets? Who cares really?

i'd like to know if these people believe that other planets and stars in the universe are round, or also flat and just turned towards us to look round?

why?

i'd like to know if these people believe that other planets and stars in the universe are round, or also flat and just turned towards us to look round?

why?

The “other planets” are just painted onto the ceiling by NASA to fool you.

<seedat>

Can a flat earther (a real one) explain to me why anyone would go through this complex facade to make up a universe full of rounded planets? Who cares really?
Yep and they've managed to convince all the most brilliant scientists on the planet that the earth is a sphere. It must cost a lot of money to silence all these incredibly bright people into keeping quiet.

And I did some maths for any geeks out there to explain why you can't really see the curvature of the earth. The earth has a radius of 3693 miles. So (using Pythagoras) for every mile the earth curves it changes in elevation by 8". So there is no way that a human can see an 8" change in elevation over a distance of 1 mile.

Not trying to be a flat earther here, but the curvature effect in the video you posted appears to be due to, in part to at least, an effect of the lens.

I say this as a photography enthusiast, who personally owns 1500.00 camera, and has taken thousands of photos.

The extreme curvature effect captured by the camera is due in part to the super wide angle lens they are using. Wide angle lenses round the edges of images and make things look farther apart, whereas telephoto lenses make things look more flat and closer together.

So when you see the edge of the earth suddenly curve as the camera bobs around, you’re partly seeing the effect of the lens.

I’m not saying the earth is flat, but I am saying that what you see in that video is not necessarily accurate to what it would look like if viewed with the naked eye.

Is it? Think about it, if you jump in the air straight up do you land in the same spot or does the earth rotate underneath you? Not convinced, ok try this, you are travelling on an airplane flying at 500mph, you jump straight up, do you land at the back of the plane? No, of course you don't, you end up in the same spot as you jumped because you have the same momentum as the plane. It's called physics, and it's Newtons first law of motion, which Newton presented in 1686. It's 2019 but we have people who can't get their head around it. Unbelievable.

To be fair, this is actually a pretty complex concept to grasp.

It took thousands of years of observations, knowledge about the natural world, and the mind of an absolute genius to come up with.

Keep in mind your average person struggles in a 100 level physics class.

The truth is that, even if all the math is true and Newtonian physics is accurate, people still have to have the capacity to grasp it. Frankly, the average person does not have this ability. They more or less simply accept what ever is explained to them by people they believe to have the correct answer.

They are essentially told something is true, and accept it without really testing it themselves or necessarily even understanding what it actually means. We are really no different, collectively, than we were when people believed in witchcraft.

Technology and science is simply the new magic. Most people don’t really understand how it works, but as long as it seems to make sense, and most other people believe it, they are satisfied and don’t really look much deeper than that.

It took thousands of years of observations, knowledge about the natural world, and the mind of an absolute genius to come up with.

The truth is that, even if all the math is true and Newtonian physics is accurate, people still have to have the capacity to grasp it. Frankly, the average person does not have this ability. They more or less simply accept what ever is explained to them by people they believe to have the correct answer.

They are essentially told something is true, and accept it without really testing it themselves or necessarily even understanding what it actually means. We are really no different, collectively, than we were when people believed in witchcraft.

Technology and science is simply the new magic. Most people don’t really understand how it works, but as long as it seems to make sense, and most other people believe it, they are satisfied and don’t really look much deeper than that.
So essentially you are saying the average person is too thick to understand why the earth is round? Fair enough. It explains all the Flat Earthers I have come across.

Not trying to be a flat earther here, but the curvature effect in the video you posted appears to be due to, in part to at least, an effect of the lens.

I say this as a photography enthusiast, who personally owns 1500.00 camera, and has taken thousands of photos.

The extreme curvature effect captured by the camera is due in part to the super wide angle lens they are using. Wide angle lenses round the edges of images and make things look farther apart, whereas telephoto lenses make things look more flat and closer together.

So when you see the edge of the earth suddenly curve as the camera bobs around, you’re partly seeing the effect of the lens.

I’m not saying the earth is flat, but I am saying that what you see in that video is not necessarily accurate to what it would look like if viewed with the naked eye.
In part, yeah. Wide angle lens cameras aren't new though. I have an ultra wide angle lens in my new phone and a telephoto camera lens as well, both rear-facing.

So essentially you are saying the average person is too thick to understand why the earth is round? Fair enough. It explains all the Flat Earthers I have come across.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

It’s really not an obvious idea, if you actually think about it.

In part, yeah. Wide angle lens cameras aren't new though. I have an ultra wide angle lens in my new phone and a telephoto camera lens as well, both rear-facing.

I never said they were new. I’m just pointing out that it’s not entirely accurate to use that video as “proof” because the image is distorted by the lens they are using. Which is very clear in the video footage, but that the average, non-photographer, might not understand.

I get the nasa channel - they keep showing a round earth. I call to complain. They don’t listen. Rigged like a canelo fight

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

It’s really not an obvious idea, if you actually think about it.
No it's not obvious but most people I would have thought could get their heads around the concepts. Maybe not. I'm surrounded by people a lot more intelligent than myself on a daily basis so that may account for me thinking that the average person could understand.

you might be on to something here.

the only issue i have with this explanation is that the world is, in fact, telling them that the earth is round. every reputable scientist agrees, and they all have agreed for hundreds of years. to decide that all these people don't "have the correct answer", one would expect you to have some actual basis for it.

if you're going to disregard the entire scientific community of the fucking planet, you better have used a boat to sail all the way to the edge of the world. being convinced by a youtube video is ridiculous, no matter how we look at it. you don't need to understand the physics to know that the opinion of literally every great mind on the planet heavily outweighs that of a random guy who uploaded something to youtube. there is no rational way to come to that conclusion, at all.

people who believe this shit are a disgrace to humanity.

Back