Can't wait Reyes shuts up Jones fans

OSP too (despise actually being there live I forgot that happened)
I said currently ranked, which OSP isn't, given the fact that in addition to Reyes, he lost to Latifi and Krylov.

Jones isn't invincible. Reyes could catch him but I think if Jones loses a decision it will be because he's continuing to fight not to lose rather than to win. That's what he did against Santos.

Everyone just hates Jones so much they're practically creaming in their pants hoping he'll lose. It's petty funny.

Jones won't take him lightly and Reyes will have to fight a near perfect fight. The stars have to be aligned for him to win. So I take Jones in this fight.

I said currently ranked, which OSP isn't, given the fact that in addition to Reyes, he lost to Latifi and Krylov.

holy fk that’s wild didn’t even realize osp wasn’t ranked anymore

This might actually happen. Seems like Jones hasn't pulsed for a while, and is dropping weight like someone with stage 4 cancer. I predict by the time he steps in the cage w reyes, he'll be a bantamweight

Can't wait to revisit this thread after the fight (don't disappear).

There are levels to this shit.
Absolutely and Jones is on a different level than this All city athlete Applehill Valley or All Valley Hills best… Wherever the fuck this Dominic pizza motherfucker is coming from

Jones isn't invincible. Reyes could catch him but I think if Jones loses a decision it will be because he's continuing to fight not to lose rather than to win. That's what he did against Santos.

Everyone just hates Jones so much they're practically creaming in their pants hoping he'll lose. It's petty funny.
I don't hate Jones, but arguments why he is going to dominantly win carry no remarks other than "because he's a champion" or "because he's Jon Jones" and little else. It's the aura they feel, not the actual stylistic matchup where they try to judge strengths weaknesses. OSP was never in much trouble against Jones, but against Reyes he kept getting into trouble all the fight. There is also where this aura effects the fighters themselves, where Smif and Santos never pushed Jones, Smif by far being the worse offender just not attempting to actually fight. Reyes shows that mental edge where he realizes a lot of stuff is fluff and he will try to take the fight to him rather than be afraid of whatever "dominant champ" might do.

On the flip side of what you're complaining about, you're acting like Reyes should be the actual favorite...against the best fighter we've ever seen.

I can't STAND Jones, and would love for Reyes to leave him unconscious on the mat...however, my common sense tells me that Jones is more skilled and if he can avoid early power shots, he'll probably win. Reyes certainly has a chance - but he is the clear underdog.

I don't hate Jones, but arguments why he is going to dominantly win carry no remarks other than "because he's a champion" or "because he's Jon Jones" and little else. It's the aura they feel, not the actual stylistic matchup where they try to judge strengths weaknesses. OSP was never in much trouble against Jones, but against Reyes he kept getting into trouble all the fight. There is also where this aura effects the fighters themselves, where Smif and Santos never pushed Jones, Smif by far being the worse offender just not attempting to actually fight. Reyes shows that mental edge where he realizes a lot of stuff is fluff and he will try to take the fight to him rather than be afraid of whatever "dominant champ" might do.

Sure, that....

but can he hang in the clinch with Jones? Can he close the gap that almost nobody else has been able to close and actually land power on Jones? Can he stay on his feet of Jones wants to take him down? Can he get up if Jones is on top of him dropping elbows?

Jones is the smartest fighter we've ever seen in there aside from maybe GSP, and he's extremely gifted to say the least. Why would you think he's anything other than a huge favorite here?

Okay, so now it's more that Jon hasn't faced anybody good. Smith DID get destroyed. It was a borderline snuff film. You clearly haven't watched the fight more than once, with your one time being on the night of it, with your judgment clouded by your desperation for Jon to lose. Jones got deducted two points and the decision still wasn't close. "He got hit more than he usually does"? Gus didn't win around and got knocked out in the third. Not exactly close. And as to your point about the second DC fight, it was actually Jon's worst performance of the three. DC was lighting him up pretty well for two rounds before he got kicked in the head, something that would've still happened without the picograms of turinabol in his system. Jones wasn't muscling him around. He utilized his reach advantage to land a devastating shot when DC was in the danger zone where he couldn't hit Jon, but Jon could hit him.

You my friend are in serious denial.

I don't care if Jones loses or not. You're wrong about that. I'm not a hater, I just don't care. There's a massive difference. The only way I would care about a Jones fight is if he moved up to hw.

He did get hit a lot in the 2nd Gus fight. His defense looked terrible. Maybe Gus didn't win a round but I remember thinking he should have. He should've finished Smith, but he didn't. Smith was outmatched and Jones let him off the hook. He couldn't pull the trigger. Smith was literally doing nothing. It was a 25 minute staring contest.

Jones used to be a killer. If you just stood there, he would eat you alive. Not so much anymore. The man is slipping. All I really said was that I have a feeling he's going to lose. When I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm always right. When I'm a fan of someone fighting, I tend to be biased. When I don't care, I'm unbiased and there's no reason for me to pick against anybody.

Jones looked great against DC. That's not an easy fight for anybody. The fact that he finished him speaks volumes about where he was physically and mentally for that fight. That Jones would've finished Smith. He also would've taken Gus out with ease. That wasn't the same Gus he fought the first time.

A pile of belts?

1 belt and a ruined legacy .... Any professional athlete that's pissed hot has never been considered the goat and neither should Jon .

It's a shame caz he had the best skill set ....he didn't need to do what he did .... But he did .... Therefore he can never be the goat

He's whole career has an asterisk ....doesn't matter if you love him or not ...his career is asterisked

Reyes don't offer much to jones. Punchers chance at best but Jones will play it smart and will come out with a TKO.

1 belt and a ruined legacy .... Any professional athlete that's pissed hot has never been considered the goat and neither should Jon .

It's a shame caz he had the best skill set ....he didn't need to do what he did .... But he did .... Therefore he can never be the goat

He's whole career has an asterisk ....doesn't matter if you love him or not ...his career is asterisked

It's actually a pile. They gave Jones a new belt in every championship fight he's had. He's got a bunch. They JUST changed that system with the new belt. Now it's one belt and a new Jewel for every defense.
C_exObyWsAIE9T_.jpg

conor-mcgregor-proudly-shows-off-newborn-son-frer.jpg

It's fine to say his legacy is ruined, but he's currently holding a belt, and headlining a PPV, so its more of a talking point than anything. He hasn't really suffered in any long term way for his actions. He's still allowed to compete, he's still rich, he's still popular, he's still considered the best. Most GOAT dicussions revolve around cheaters. Jon and Anderson got popped for PEDs. GSP greased. Mighty Mouse is the only GOAT candidate you can assume to be a clean fair fighter. But who's names always get thrown around, GSP, Anderson, and Jones. People only bring up the asterisk thing if they don't like a particular fighter. In reality, people only care what you do, not how you get it done.

If Reyes had a better cardio I would give him a better chance. The best chance to beat Jones is by decision, but you need a good cardio for that.
another decision Jones fight? NO, NO! NOOOOOO!!!!

Reyes is going to win because it's the first time people don't want the Jones Challenger to win. It's a karmic thing.

only reason silva got "boxed" up by chael is the threat of a takedown...same reason khabib's standup is effective.
<Steiner01>Wonder how his takedown threat would affect mayweather in a boxing ring<Oku02>

Reyes is going to win because it's the first time people don't want the Jones Challenger to win. It's a karmic thing.
to bet or not to bet, 'nick is 4/1 dog though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back