Can't wait Reyes shuts up Jones fans

I don't care if Jones loses or not. You're wrong about that. I'm not a hater, I just don't care. There's a massive difference. The only way I would care about a Jones fight is if he moved up to hw.

He did get hit a lot in the 2nd Gus fight. His defense looked terrible. Maybe Gus didn't win a round but I remember thinking he should have. He should've finished Smith, but he didn't. Smith was outmatched and Jones let him off the hook. He couldn't pull the trigger. Smith was literally doing nothing. It was a 25 minute staring contest.

Jones used to be a killer. If you just stood there, he would eat you alive. Not so much anymore. The man is slipping. All I really said was that I have a feeling he's going to lose. When I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm always right. When I'm a fan of someone fighting, I tend to be biased. When I don't care, I'm unbiased and there's no reason for me to pick against anybody.

Jones looked great against DC. That's not an easy fight for anybody. The fact that he finished him speaks volumes about where he was physically and mentally for that fight. That Jones would've finished Smith. He also would've taken Gus out with ease. That wasn't the same Gus he fought the first time.
Sorry for assuming you're a Jones hater. In terms of his sherdog critics, the overwhelming majority are. Anyways, back to business.

If you're so convinced that the second DC fight was superior to those two, let's look at some numbers.

Time-wise, the Gus and DC finishes occurred around the same time, the fight's halfway point, so let's see how those two guys were doing up until that point.

-DC had landed 58 of 140 strikes for 41% accuracy. Officially, Jones won the first, and DC won the second.
-Gus landed 22 of 83 strikes for 26% accuracy. Jones won both the first and the second.
Obviously the DC Jon fought was better than the Gus he fought, but you can't tell me Jon wasn't more dominant against Gus. Idk what your eye was telling you, but the numbers aren't even close. You can't tell me the Gus fight wasn't flat out dominance from Jon.

Against Smith, Jon spent five rounds playing with his food, and the fight should've arguably been stopped either by Herb or Smith's corner. It wasn't because there wasn't one single moment where Jon went off on the guy full steam. It was a methodical beatdown. Without the 2 point deduction, the fight's 50-44. Again, you can't tell me that that isn't flat out dominant. If you're holding the fact that he didn't finish it over my head, then look at Jon's record, and you'll see that before the second DC fight, Jon hadn't had a finish in four years. Oh, I also forgot to mention the fact that Smith landed a measly 36 strikes over five rounds.

Obviously if your own subjectivity leaves you more convinced than any stat does, then there's nothing more I can say. Go watch the fights again and maybe you'll change your mind. I personally fail to see how anything indicates Jon's been slipping for a while.

This narrative that Jones is having this monumental slip, is honestly ridiculous. Perhaps at 32 years old, he realized there is no reason to go in and take bombs from guys like Santos and Smith. Yes, they are converted MWs, but, they obviously had power transfer to the LHW division. So he fought smarter and out pointed them. Not only did he out point smith, he completely dominated him in every aspect of mma. 48-44, with a 2 point deduction. Before that he KO'd and TKO'd the two people who had previously given him his most difficult fights. Going for a KO in every fight, is not conducive to one's health or longevit . Especially at these higher weights, going for a finish every time leaves you open to the one counter shot it takes to put your lights out. As fighters get older, they change their styles to lengthen their career, and runs with a title. It's not their job to get a KO for our entertainment. It's their job to leave with the belt on their waist. I think we can all agree Reyes has a path to victory. However, I don't see much to dissuade me from believing that this will be more similiar to Jones's more recent performances, where he neutralizes his opponents strengths, uses his fight IQ to keep the match at his pace, and take risks at a calculated measure, if he thinks he needs to. If he's got the scorecards he'll probably coast again.

Jones lost once via dq, then he was at the mercy of Smith after illegal knee. And I predict he is just losing tomorrow night via dq. Sooner than via anything else.

Can't wait Reyes shut up jones fans

waiting.png

Even Leopards will attack Crocs in the water,but Jones is boring playing into others' gameplans or strengths.smh

Ya goof.

He didn't get boxed up by Hendo and Hendo is a much better striker than Chael. He also fought Hendo when Hendo still wrestled. Silva ate a clean right hand from Hendo and all it did was piss him off. Chael wobbled him a couple of times. Hendo definitely hits harder than Chael. Say what you want, Silva was slipping well before the Weidman fight, he was just so damn good it was hard to notice.

I think when silva fought hendo, he spend the entire 1st round on his back...so when that 2nd round came out, he just went for broke...maybe silva was slipping at that point...who knows...but hendo isn't really the same sort of fighter chael is...hendo, by and large is a standup fighter....sure he can wrestle, but all the fights i have seen him in, the majority of the time, it's on the feet.

Because they are completely looking past Reyes skillset since he isn't a popular fighter. It's obnoxious.
Bro 3 month AV belt bet me I’ll take jones. Reyes legit has 0.000000001% chance of winning.

Come on dude if you are so sure AV bet me

Back