Can't believe Dana would do an instand rematch of Lawler-Hendricks

That is only one part of the equation. It is like saying Phillip Seymour Hoffman got murdered because, ya know, people who get murdered die.

A true pioneer of sharting comments.

too many whiners on this planet. hey ts its cus ppl want to see it. dat hard to comprehend?

It isn't Robbie Lawler's fault that Hendricks is injured and not able to fight against anyone else in the meantime. This will just encourage more fighters to compete on a more regular basis like Lawler is here instead of the stupid belief that you need 5 months inbetween fights.

1. Instant rematches should only happen when the first fight was unbelieveably close/controversial. Eg GSP-Hendricks, Jones-Gus etc. But there was nothing controversial about this fight: Hendricks beat Lawler 3 rounds to 2. Lawler had his fair shot and got defeated. And not even Gus got an instant rematch.

2. Instant rematches should only happen when there are no other viable contenders. But no division is as stacked and vivid as WW. Rory, T-Wood, Hector... there are countless good contenders for the belt. Why should Robbie leapfrog them. He already had his chance.

If anybody deserves an instant rematch it's lawler. He was whooping handrix ass

Hendricks/Lawler is a good rematch. Take the OP and make it about Benson/Edgar 2 though and you have an accurate take.

Here comes a guy who did not even watch the fight. Just basing everything on what he's heard. You are bad even at that.

Go watch the fight first Kiddo before you ride Lawler's dick that hard.

I watched the fight and i agree with him. And I know alot of other people do to as well. My gf watched it with me and thought the same thing. Without that takedown in the 5th robbie wins the title

1. Instant rematches should only happen when the first fight was unbelieveably close/controversial. Eg GSP-Hendricks, Jones-Gus etc. But there was nothing controversial about this fight: Hendricks beat Lawler 3 rounds to 2. Lawler had his fair shot and got defeated. And not even Gus got an instant rematch.

2. Instant rematches should only happen when there are no other viable contenders. But no division is as stacked and vivid as WW. Rory, T-Wood, Hector... there are countless good contenders for the belt. Why should Robbie leapfrog them. He already had his chance.

? Come again?

Lawler fought Berger on Saturday and he is now scheduled to fight Brown! So how is he getting an immediate rematch?

Everyone is taking a huge dump on TS in this thread, but kinda agree with him in one way.

First of all let me just be clear that if Robbie beats Brown, he's done enough to get the rematch vs Johnny. But I think (and what I think the TS ment to say) that it would've been interesting to have seen Johnny defend his title at least once against someone besides Robbie Lawler, before their (possible) upcoming rematch.

An example is the rematch between Jones and Gus. Eventhough I was calling for an instant rematch moments after Jones hands were raised, in hindsight it wasn't so bad that we got the Glover fight inbetween. Champions fighting the same contenders over and over again can become a bit frustrating imo.

Hendricks is injured...meanwhile everyone is fighting for a shot, Lawler, Brown, Woodley and Rory. Whoever impresses more is getting it, don't believe what Dana says, a shit fight with split decision won't give a shot for Lawler.

Anyway, you need to check the definition of 'instant rematch', Lawler is having to fight for it, and he's fighting tough guys.

Everyone is taking a huge dump on TS in this thread, but kinda agree with him in one way.

First of all let me just be clear that if Robbie beats Brown, he's done enough to get the rematch vs Johnny. But I think (and what I think the TS ment to say) that it would've been interesting to have seen Johnny defend his title at least once against someone besides Robbie Lawler, before their (possible) upcoming rematch.

Lawler shouldn't be penalized because Hendricks got injured. Had he not he would have defended before Lawler had the chance to get two wins under his belt.

Lawler shouldn't be penalized because Hendricks got injured. Had he not he would have defended before Lawler had the chance to get two wins under his belt.

Yes, very true on both accounts. But one way of doing it could've been to just give Woodley/Rory winner a titleshot before the winner between Robbie and Brown.

We get a different WW title fight than the last time, and Robbie/Brown get a well deserved break.

I should point out though that I don't now for how long Hendricks is gonna be out... Someone care to enlighten me?

Yes, very true on both accounts. But one way of doing it could've been to just give Woodley/Rory winner a titleshot before the winner between Robbie and Brown.

We get a different WW title fight than the last time, and Robbie/Brown get a well deserved break.

I don't disagree with this. Before Lawler/Brown was specified as a number 1 contender bout I was assuming Rory/Woodley was next in line.

I think it's because Matt Brown's best chance of getting a title shot is beating Lawler (Woodley and Rory would be tougher fights for him)

No chance... maybe they see it that way but that's so wrong. Lawler has got to be by far the worst style matchup. This fight is a gimme. but whatever, at least Lawler will get to KO a guy coming off a 7 fight streak. Never hurts the resume.

Maybe they made it so it will be more exciting that Lawler is coming off a KO going into a title fight.

I don't disagree with this. Before Lawler/Brown was specified as a number 1 contender bout I was assuming Rory/Woodley was next in line.

Yeah me too... Aren't the UFC promoting their fight as a "winner gets a titleshot fight" on the 174 trailer even?

Edit*
Hmm.. End of the year fight for Hendricks would probably mean a 9ish month wait for Robbie/Brown. Long wait...

Man does it suck when the champ is injured.

Shit even if they did is there any one as clear cut a contender as lawler
Man if you said this is what 170 would be like before gsp hendricks I wouldve laughed my ass off at you

its a good thing he didnt then isnt it?

He's already won once since the title and is fighting again in order to get the shot.

Wtf are you talking about.

Back