Can't believe Dana would do an instand rematch of Lawler-Hendricks

1. Instant rematches should only happen when the first fight was unbelieveably close/controversial. Eg GSP-Hendricks, Jones-Gus etc. But there was nothing controversial about this fight: Hendricks beat Lawler 3 rounds to 2. Lawler had his fair shot and got defeated. And not even Gus got an instant rematch.

2. Instant rematches should only happen when there are no other viable contenders. But no division is as stacked and vivid as WW. Rory, T-Wood, Hector... there are countless good contenders for the belt. Why should Robbie leapfrog them. He already had his chance.

Robbie is fighting twice in between his controversial decision loss to Hendricks for the belt. Thats not a big deal, it could have been justified for him to get an immediate rematch.

Lawler is fighting his way back to a title shot.

Hendricks VS Lawler was as a very closely contested match, Hendricks took the belt home that night by landing a takedown in the 5th.

GSP VS Hendricks, was a lot more one sided, GSP took the belt home that night by getting his whooped.

Here comes a guy who did not even watch the fight. Just basing everything on what he's heard. You are bad even at that.

Go watch the fight first Kiddo before you ride Lawler's dick that hard.

how so? Lawler had Hendricks in more trouble in that fight then Hendricks had GSP, Lawler did throw a beating on Hendricks and almost got the TKO a couple of times, it was Hendricks edging out the 1st 2 rounds in a non dominating performance and getting the 5th round TD's on an exhausted Lawler that won him that fight, yet everybody who saw the fight knows that Lawler is the superior striker, can eat Hendrick's best shot while Hendrick's can't take Lawlers.

Lawler was too relaxed in the 1st 2 rounds and let the fight get away from him, everybody wants to see what would happen with a more aggressive Lawler against a healthy bicep Hendrick's.

Hendricks VS Lawler was as a very closely contested match, Hendricks took the belt home that night by landing a takedown in the 5th.

GSP VS Hendricks, was a lot more one sided, GSP took the belt home that night by getting his whooped.

Gimme a break, you don't win a 5 round fight in 2 rounds, round 1 was a toss up, and GSP edged him in the 3rd round, and round 5 was all GSP, hurting GSP in the 2nd and controlling him in the 4th isn't a lopsided beating in a 5 round bout, Lawler's 2 rounds where he dominated Hendricks were way worse then wobbling GSP for a few seconds in the 2nd, seriously when was GSP ever in any real trouble in that bout? i can give a round a 1/2 where Hendricks didn't look like he was going to make it

Lawler just fought somebody not named Johnny Hendricks... so it is impossible to for him getting another title shot to be called an "instant rematch".

Lol. No.

how so? Lawler had Hendricks in more trouble in that fight then Hendricks had GSP, Lawler did throw a beating on Hendricks and almost got the TKO a couple of times, it was Hendricks edging out the 1st 2 rounds in a non dominating performance and getting the 5th round TD's on an exhausted Lawler that won him that fight, yet everybody who saw the fight knows that Lawler is the superior striker, can eat Hendrick's best shot while Hendrick's can't take Lawlers.

Lawler was too relaxed in the 1st 2 rounds and let the fight get away from him, everybody wants to see what would happen with a more aggressive Lawler against a healthy bicep Hendrick's.

I was talking about the guy who said Hendricks landed Takedowns ( plural). But now that you have entered , let me express my views.

Hendricks did not win because of the takedowns. He was already winning cause he landed at least 10 clean hard punches even before that compared to Lawler's couple.

Moreover, You say that Lawler was the better striker. You seem to have forgotten that Hendricks had the torn bicep. Now If you call that an excuse let me tell you in advance how big a moron you are.

And don't pretend like Lawler did not know that fight would be scored on individual rounds and not cummulative damage.

Exhausted Lawler? Its called worse cardio. You cannot say that like an excuse.

"While Hendricks can't take Lawlers" Lawler hit him with the cleanest shots. Hendricks survived. Deal with it. Or keep believing otherwise if that makes you sleep better at night.

There are so many things that are bullshit in your post and you probably know it too deep down.

That being said, I love Lawler . Its the dickriders who twist the facts that I cannot stand.

People get hung up on "instant"... yet, why not give any of the other contenders his shot? Robbie just had a shot. From the perspective of the title/of Hendricks it is instant.

Hendricks is healing up...in the meanwhile Robbie is knocking contenders that wants their shot at the champ. As soon as Hendricks is done with healing...he faces the most credible opponent deserving a shot. It could be winner of Twood vs. Rory or winner of Lawler vs. Brown. If hendricks won't be ready by then. I guess winners of both fights can go for an Interim.

1. Instant rematches should only happen when the first fight was unbelieveably close/controversial. Eg GSP-Hendricks, Jones-Gus etc. But there was nothing controversial about this fight: Hendricks beat Lawler 3 rounds to 2. Lawler had his fair shot and got defeated. And not even Gus got an instant rematch.

2. Instant rematches should only happen when there are no other viable contenders. But no division is as stacked and vivid as WW. Rory, T-Wood, Hector... there are countless good contenders for the belt. Why should Robbie leapfrog them. He already had his chance.

You might need to look up the word "instant" in the dictionary

I can't believe you believe what dana says nowadays. Other than fight announcements, I consider evrything he says as hypes and half truths. Its been proven time and time again that dana just says shit.

I agree with this. Hendricks eaked out 3 close rounds, Lawler dominated 2 rounds and nearly finished Johnny a handful of times.

If you score the fight based on damage (PrideFC scoring) Lawler was clearly the winner. Johnny won fair and square based on unified rules, but he also got his ass kicked in reality.

Here comes a guy who did not even watch the fight. Just basing everything on what he's heard. You are bad even at that.

Go watch the fight first Kiddo before you ride Lawler's dick that hard.

im not a kid nor do I ride dick and ive watched the fight more than once and I think Robbie beat Hendricks up as well, he didn't win the mma bout, but he won the fight in my opinion, your just a cranky basement dweller that needs to feel like an internet tough guy, ppl can have their opinions bud go back to playing dungon and dragons

Given the UFC's past history with instant rematches, it would have been perfectly legitimate to give Lawler one.

If GSP vs Hendricks warranted one, then his sure as hell did too.

Yes. But instant rematches involve the champ not defending against anybody else in the meantime. Ie instant rematches involve holding up an entire division and other deserving contenders from their shot.

That is only one part of the equation. It is like saying Phillip Seymour Hoffman got murdered because, ya know, people who get murdered die.

Back