Canelo and Caleb fight at press conference - Caleb gets cut

Medical science has it pinned at 29-35 depending on many factors. But that's when men physically peak.So somewhere in that range and Canelos better faster and slicker now than hes ever been.

Physical peak is very broad and I don't think it means speed necessarily. Its more about strength and endurance imo.

I think an older version of Alvarez would have given Mayweather a tougher fight...after all guys like Castillo did.

Castillo was a high volume swarming pressure fighter, which is totally different to Canelo. Styles make fights, and Floyd is just an awful style for any Canelo. He can't catch him, does not have the volume and is too slow, so just gets out boxed. The only way to beat Floyd was the dirty pressure style like Maidana and Castillo imo

Castillo was a high volume swarming pressure fighter, which is totally different to Canelo. Styles make fights, and Floyd is just an awful style for any Canelo. He can't catch him, does not have the volume and is too slow, so just gets out boxed. The only way to beat Floyd was the dirty pressure style like Maidana and Castillo imo

Floyd could win fights by just backpedalling the whole fight and not outscoring the opponent . as his fights were all in his hometown it was impossible for his opponents to win on points. That played a huge part in the need for them to go on the offense and play right into Floyds gameplan. The most important difference to Floyd now is that Canelo is as big of a star as Floyd and if the fight would be on neutral grounds this would make it much harder for Floyd to implement his pitter patter strategy and win. Under these circumstances I would highly favour Canelo as he has the more diverse offense, equal footwork, little less speed but more power and especially his fight IQ is very high. He has developed his IQ a lot in the last years.

Hardly comparable. If Floyd vs Canelo fought anywhere close to Canelos optimal weight, Canelo murders him, if they fight close to Floyds best weight, Canelo dies on the scales. You cant compare them in a H2H at this point, cause the size difference is just to big. Both crazy good and a pleasure to watch.

Hardly comparable. If Floyd vs Canelo fought anywhere close to Canelos optimal weight, Canelo murders him, if they fight close to Floyds best weight, Canelo dies on the scales. You cant compare them in a H2H at this point, cause the size difference is just to big. Both crazy good and a pleasure to watch.

Can’t believe this is even a debate. I agree.

The thing about Canelo or any fighter really, is they learn more about themselves as they mature.

Canelo especially after the first GGH fight learned that he could walk through anyone’s punches. And he’s never, and I mean never, given anyone that much respect in the ring (he disarmed Kovalev out the ring but that’s another convo).

Canelo gave Mayweather way too much respect and foolishly played into his hands by trying to box with him. The Canelo of today would literally just bite down on his mouthpiece and push mayweathers shit in.

But baby Canelo didn’t have the confidence and wisdom to do that.

Even then Mayweather couldn’t do nothing to him but play touch butt for 12 rounds

242805418_2994355400882094_8202730347800116773_n.jpg

Brutal.

That’s a nice shirt, no lie.

And Canelo’s no fool. He knows that Plant can’t hurt him and can’t play keep away and hope to win a decision.

The one thing that gives me hope for Plant is that I think he knows the above stated, which is why he’s been working with Andre Ward in the lead up to this fight. That’s probably what’s also got Canelo concerned, leading to him fronting like Plant talked bad about his mom. He’s worried

He knows that If Plant can came come in with even 25% of what Dre could bring into the ring in terms of jabbing and grabbing he might have a chance to pull the upset.

He’s the naturally bigger man. Why not try to gas Canelo by jabbing and grabbing him for 9-12 rounds. He sure as hell isn’t going to outbox him

Back