Canelo and Caleb fight at press conference - Caleb gets cut

you do know plant took a swing at him and got countered, right?

i know canelo pushed him first, but plant escalated this a lot further and ate a combo for his effort.
If I came up and shoved you like that, how would you react?

It’s probably not a good idea to take a swing at man while wearing glasses, you just might get punched in return. I hope he makes a mental note.

This.
One guy tried that me with me when I was a teenager.
He got 17 stitches, all on his eye and cheekbone.
Fkn stitches inside stitches.

Guys with glasses and piercings should be more careful.

Canelo was no late beginner though.
When you start boxing that young, I don't know that it makes much of a difference... He even has more pro experience than past opponents of his with a massive amateur pedigree like Golovkin.
At the time they fought Mayweather was 44-0 and had been fighting top tier competition for years. Alvarez was 42-0-1, so they had a virtually identical number of pro fights. However, Alvarez only had 20-40 amateur fights, while Mayweather had 92. That's a pretty substantial difference in experience...

At the time they fought Mayweather was 44-0 and had been fighting top tier competition for years. Alvarez was 42-0-1, so they had a virtually identical number of pro fights. However, Alvarez only had 20-40 amateur fights, while Mayweather had 92. That's a pretty substantial difference in experience...

Well, if they had fought 5 years later Floyd would still be at 92 amateur fights and Canelo at 20-40...

you mean if i stood 2 inches away from your face and talked shit before you did it?

they were inches apart, plant talked shit, canelo pushed him, plant took a swing at him, canelo smacked his glasses off his head and cut him. and now people are calling canelo classless for it. it doesn't make any sense.

you mean if i stood 2 inches away from your face and talked shit before you did it?

they were inches apart, plant talked shit, canelo pushed him, plant took a swing at him, canelo smacked his glasses off his head and cut him. and now people are calling canelo classless for it. it doesn't make any sense.
both jawin' one lost his cool, come on

Canelo message
A234D4D0-EBE5-42CA-83D8-F2FC7848CCBB.png

cant believe most of you think this is real animosity.

two boxers just threw slaps in a dust up over the word motherfucker...

nelo had a chance to really clock his ass on the second swing but clearly intended to do it open palm.

Well, tbf, if I just talked shit about your moms, I'd expect a reaction.

Talk shit, get hit (well, slapped in this case)

I believe it's going to be great fight, all bullshit aside.

Strange because it actually seems like they had a very similar level of experience. You are putting too much value on amateur fights. Never in the history of the sport has someone with 44 pro fights been called green until Canelo got his ass kicked by Floyd. And if anyone really thinks a fighter is faster at 31 than 23, then it just makes the PED argument even stronger.

Strange because it actually seems like they had a very similar level of experience. You are putting too much value on amateur fights. Never in the history of the sport has someone with 44 pro fights been called green until Canelo got his ass kicked by Floyd. And if anyone really thinks a fighter is faster at 31 than 23, then it just makes the PED argument even stronger.
You can be faster, its easily possible, but you will certainly be better at 31 than 23. Your physical peak is 30-35 as a man.

Last edited:
Canelo was a kid when he fought Floyd, I would have loved to see them both in their primes fight. Obviously not possible because of the age difference. Anyway, I’d be more scared to fight canelo to be honest.

I don’t think he ever touches Floyd, he’s just not as good. But I do agree that I’d fear his concussive power more than fighting Floyd

When they fought in 2013, the respective win percentage of their opponents was 86% (Mayweather) to 79% (Alvarez). Mayweather had, by this point, beaten Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, De La Hoya, Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, and Miguel Cotto, just to pick some of the bigger names. Alvarez had beaten Kermit Cintron, Shane Mosley, Josesito Lopez, and Austin Trout, all of these wins (the biggest names on his resume) coming right before he fought Mayweather. Mayweather had won his first belt in 1998, seven years before Alvarez turned pro in 2005. When they fought, Alvarez had been a pro for eight years while Mayweather had been pro for 17 years. Alvarez had been crushing cans in Mexico for the most part until 2010 and 17 of the guys included in those 44 fights had losing records. Of the guys Mayweather faced only 8 had losing records. There was a big gap in terms of both amateur background, professional experience, and the level of competition the two men had before they fought.

Also, I'm pretty sure Alvarez is on PEDs, so I'm not arguing against that.

The fuck was wrong with Canelo??

That’s not like him. I think they’re just tying to hype it up to get that Influencer/MMAer type boxing money

When they fought in 2013, the respective win percentage of their opponents was 86% (Mayweather) to 79% (Alvarez). Mayweather had, by this point, beaten Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, De La Hoya, Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, and Miguel Cotto, just to pick some of the bigger names. Alvarez had beaten Kermit Cintron, Shane Mosley, Josesito Lopez, and Austin Trout, all of these wins (the biggest names on his resume) coming right before he fought Mayweather. Mayweather had won his first belt in 1998, seven years before Alvarez turned pro in 2005. When they fought, Alvarez had been a pro for eight years while Mayweather had been pro for 17 years. Alvarez had been crushing cans in Mexico for the most part until 2010 and 17 of the guys included in those 44 fights had losing records. Of the guys Mayweather faced only 8 had losing records. There was a big gap in terms of both amateur background, professional experience, and the level of competition the two men had before they fought.

Also, I'm pretty sure Alvarez is on PEDs, so I'm not arguing against that.

Kermit Simptron is the best name out of all of those others listed

Canelo gets real heated when put on blast about he (and now his teams) PED use. Same reason why he’s still pissed at GGG. I guess the truth really does hurt.

You realize Plant stood inches away from Canelo and talked shit AT A STAREDOWN, right?

That's what happens at statedowns: people standing inches away from each other and, sometimes, talking shit. It doesn't justify initiation physical altercation.

Whether things justify retribution or not depends on the context. If Plant randomly walked to somebody on the street, stood inches away from him and started talking shit then sure, he'd deserve to get pushed. At a staredown though? You can't be serious.

Context matters. If you walked to somebody on the street and punched him square in the face, you'd deserve to get stabbed or shot. What if you punched somebody in a sanctioned boxing fight in the middle of a round though? Would you deserve the same outcome?

Let's put it this way: if standing inches away from your opponent and talking shit at a staredown is wrong to the point where it justifies physical violence toward whoever does it, then it should be banned. Are you saying there should be a law forbidding it?

You realize Plant stood inches away from Canelo and talked shit AT A STAREDOWN, right?

That's what happens at statedowns: people standing inches away from each other and, sometimes, talking shit. It doesn't justify initiation physical altercation.

Whether things justify retribution or not depends on the context. If Plant randomly walked to somebody on the street, stood inches away from him and started talking shit then sure, he'd deserve to get pushed. At a staredown though? You can't be serious.

Context matters. If you walked to somebody on the street and punched him square in the face, you'd deserve to get stabbed or shot. What if you punched somebody in a sanctioned boxing fight in the middle of a round though? Would you deserve the same outcome?

Let's put it this way: if standing inches away from your opponent and talking shit at a staredown is wrong to the point where it justifies physical violence toward whoever does it, then it should be banned. Are you saying there should be a law forbidding it?
i'm saying calling canelo classless for this is fucking stupid.

plant talked shit. canelo escalated by pushing him away. plant escalated it further by taking a swing at him. canelo smacked the shit out of him with a counter. how is only alvarez classless in this?

none of it should have happened, but you pearl clutchers are acting as if plant is some poor clueless fella standing on the sidelines getting jumped by canelo. it was a scuffle at a boxing press conference, we've seen it a thousand times, the only lesson to take from this is that the people running the show are fucking idiots for having absolutely no one there to separate them. it took like 20 seconds for people to climb the podium and break it up.

Back