Canelo and Caleb fight at press conference - Caleb gets cut

Roid rage?

Canelo is OK calling Andrade an MFer, but when Plant comes back at him with the same he gets flustered.

i'm saying calling canelo classless for this is fucking stupid.

plant talked shit. canelo escalated by pushing him away. plant escalated it further by taking a swing at him. canelo smacked the shit out of him with a counter. how is only alvarez classless in this?

none of it should have happened, but you pearl clutchers are acting as if plant is some poor clueless fella standing on the sidelines getting jumped by canelo. it was a scuffle at a boxing press conference, we've seen it a thousand times, the only lesson to take from this is that the people running the show are fucking idiots for having absolutely no one there to separate them. it took like 20 seconds for people to climb the podium and break it up.
when you start to see no wrong in someone - youve become a fanboy - sorry

It’s probably not a good idea to take a swing at man while wearing glasses, you just might get punched in return. I hope he makes a mental note.

It's probably not a good idea to full on shove somebody with the intention to knock them over at a presser, either.

He said Caleb mentioned his mother.

Well, tbf, if I just talked shit about your moms, I'd expect a reaction.

Talk shit, get hit (well, slapped in this case)

I believe it's going to be great fight, all bullshit aside.

Caleb called him a motherfucker, and Canelo said that no one talks about his mom like that, but no one was talking about anyone's mom....you can't use the language barrier as an excuse because Canelo literally called Andrade a motherfucker when Demetrius was at Canelo's post fight press conference for his last fight. If Canelo was talking about someone's mom there then he should be fine if people throw it right back at him.

Canelo was not salty about the insult, he was insecure about Plant mentioning Canelo and his gym getting busted for being drug cheats.

Canelo is entitled and doesn't like to be called out for it.

when you start to see no wrong in someone - youve become a fanboy - sorry
lol i don't even like canelo, he's a fucking douchebag PED cheat.

but this shit about him being classless because of this scuffle is ridiculous.

It's probably not a good idea to full on shove somebody with the intention to knock them over at a presser, either.

My comment was related to his cut. The cause was the glasses being broken. It was not a moral argument. Meaning I was in no way commenting on who I thought was “ in the right “ so to speak. It’s not a good idea to swing on a man while wearing glasses, it’s a possible to have your eye put out from return fire,

Caleb called him a motherfucker, and Canelo said that no one talks about his mom like that, but no one was talking about anyone's mom....you can't use the language barrier as an excuse because Canelo literally called Andrade a motherfucker when Demetrius was at Canelo's post fight press conference for his last fight. If Canelo was talking about someone's mom there then he should be fine if people throw it right back at him.

Canelo was not salty about the insult, he was insecure about Plant mentioning Canelo and his gym getting busted for being drug cheats.

Canelo is entitled and doesn't like to be called out for it.
And then he smacked the shit out of Plant, and Plant looked wobbled.

Jesus, Canelo is in great shape, fast as fuck.

When they fought in 2013, the respective win percentage of their opponents was 86% (Mayweather) to 79% (Alvarez). Mayweather had, by this point, beaten Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, De La Hoya, Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, and Miguel Cotto, just to pick some of the bigger names. Alvarez had beaten Kermit Cintron, Shane Mosley, Josesito Lopez, and Austin Trout, all of these wins (the biggest names on his resume) coming right before he fought Mayweather. Mayweather had won his first belt in 1998, seven years before Alvarez turned pro in 2005. When they fought, Alvarez had been a pro for eight years while Mayweather had been pro for 17 years. Alvarez had been crushing cans in Mexico for the most part until 2010 and 17 of the guys included in those 44 fights had losing records. Of the guys Mayweather faced only 8 had losing records. There was a big gap in terms of both amateur background, professional experience, and the level of competition the two men had before they fought.

Of course Floyd turned pro a lot earlier, as he was much older. Point is they had almost as many pro fights and nowhere in history has anyone used your argument in that context, only when Canelo got his ass kicked. It is true Floyds level of competition was better which is a factor but the difference in their pro experience is being over inflated while ignoring that Floyd was 36 and only semi active fighting only 3 times in the previous 3 years, so in reality both were not in their prime.

You can be faster, its easily possible, but you will certainly be better at 31 than 23. Your physical peak is 30-35 as a man.
I'm not sure where you're getting that, but 28 give or take a year is generally considered peak. For boxing. You're "usually" starting to slow just a bit at that age, but not much. You've also gained significant strength (over let's say age 22) and hit harder, and that will continue on at a lesser rate for a few years (gain strength) but the loss of speed will accelerate as well. As I always heard it.

Floyd is a freak in the sense of speed longevity, maybe due to his style and taking little punishment over the years, maybe due to just being gifted it.

Anyway, 28 was generally always said to be the "peak" age for a boxer according to a lot of guys I heard it from who knew a hell of a lot about boxing. I don't know. Things change I guess, but that was the old-school number I heard 100 times. Old-school guys had a lot more fights/mileage too, so who knows. Might be 30/31, now.

Canelo just isn't in Floyd's league as a pure boxer. If Floyd were 5-7 years younger and Canelo 5 years older I think that fight would go just about the same, to be honest. That was a schooling. Canelo was totally outclassed in there. If you have DAZN, I think you can watch it on-demand.

Of course Floyd turned pro a lot earlier, as he was much older. Point is they had almost as many pro fights and nowhere in history has anyone used your argument in that context, only when Canelo got his ass kicked. It is true Floyds level of competition was better which is a factor but the difference in their pro experience is being over inflated while ignoring that Floyd was 36 and only semi active fighting only 3 times in the previous 3 years, so in reality both were not in their prime.
Altough i love Canelo, i always have a laugh with Floyd haters. When he fought De la Hoya, he was just fighting an old man at 34. When he fought a much bigger Canelo, is was fighting an inexperience youth despite , he himself having 37.

Jesus, Canelo is in great shape, fast as fuck.
I know, it's not Bowe/Donald by any means, but I have to wonder if he's in Plant's head, now. He did slap him quick. lol

I'm not sure where you're getting that, but 28 give or take a year is generally considered peak. For boxing. You're "usually" starting to slow just a bit at that age, but not much. You've also gained significant strength (over let's say age 22) and hit harder, and that will continue on at a lesser rate for a few years (gain strength) but the loss of speed will accelerate as well. As I always heard it.

Floyd is a freak in the sense of speed longevity, maybe due to his style and taking little punishment over the years, maybe due to just being gifted it.

Anyway, 28 was generally always said to be the "peak" age for a boxer according to a lot of guys I heard it from who knew a hell of a lot about boxing. I don't know. Things change I guess, but that was the old-school number I heard 100 times. Old-school guys had a lot more fights/mileage too, so who knows. Might be 30/31, now.

Canelo just isn't in Floyd's league as a pure boxer. If Floyd were 5-7 years younger and Canelo 5 years older I think that fight would go just about the same, to be honest. That was a schooling. Canelo was totally outclassed in there. If you have DAZN, I think you can watch it on-demand.

Floyd wasn't a freak athlete at all and he fought too heavy for his frame. He was an above average dude physically who was technically sound in a generation of fighters who weren't.

I agree a peak Floyd vs. a peak Canelo goes down the exact same way.

Canelo will never have the boxing experience that Floyd had by the time he was an adult. He had gloves on as a toddler and his uncle was an elite level boxer and his dad was a good pro too. He knew he wasn't superman young and never felt the need to get in a brawl.

Medical science has it pinned at 29-35 depending on many factors. But that's when men physically peak.So somewhere in that range and Canelos better faster and slicker now than hes ever been.

Well, the Canelo fans are easy to spot in this forum.

You sound like you spent too much time up in the heavies.
Yea and the Canelo haters are the same guys who say the same shit every fight. You, Stuff Jones, Cuban23, Roids, Defjam,

Have you guys already done your preemptive strike about the scorecards yet?

Floyd was a tricky fighter then, he is still tricky fighter now. There was a vast difference in the level of competition they had faced, and yes Floyd was older but he in no way had seemed to "slip". As a defensive, technical fighter who took little damage over his career, even at 36 he was not an "old fighter". He had beat better guys than Canelo and Alvarez in no way, shape, or form had the experience to deal with a fighter like Mayweather. For the record, I am not arguing that even an older, more experienced Alvarez would beat Floyd...I don't think there are many fighters who could beat Mayweather in his prime (though an argument could be made Castillo beat him the first time they fought, I scored it for Mayweather)...Maybe a prime Pacquiao, but I still think Floyd wins. In boxing or any combat sport, the level of competition you face plays a big role in refining your fight IQ. I think an older version of Alvarez would have given Mayweather a tougher fight...after all guys like Castillo did.

Really stupid shit all around. I’m all for selling the fight, but this puts it in jeopardy.

Yea and the Canelo haters are the same guys who say the same shit every fight. You, Stuff Jones, Cuban23, Roids, Defjam,

Have you guys already done your preemptive strike about the scorecards yet?

Mentioning that he is a drug cheat, and that he is a hypocrite about who is allowed to use insults, doesn't mean I am keeping track of scorecards, but it does mean that I don't respect hypocrisy or cheating.

Do you understand that Canelo is a hypocritical cheater and that I get that he is a good boxer? I see him trying to get some good fights which is great, and trying to unify belts in a division which is even better, but that he and his gym are habitual cheaters who don't like to be called out for it?

Everything I said is on point. What's your problem?

Back