Canelo Alvarez vs Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Whoever the older possibly dead fighter, wins, because I’m a boxing know it all and saying the older greats are better than the newer greats makes me feel superior.

I wouldn’t pick many people to beat Canelo.

But Hagler was a dog, he had a lot of aggression and could push a pace that I don’t see Canelo being able to sustain. Styles make fights, and Marvin is a tough style to deal with. I think it would go somewhat similar to Hagler/SRR, except prime Hagler not an older Hagler. (And Canelo being Canelo...)

Both extremely durable, I don’t see anyone going to sleep.

I think Canelo has cleaner boxing, and he would certainly get his shots in, I could see him landing some very nice shots and winning some early rounds but Hagler had a hell of a chin and great cardio.

I think Hagler wins a decisive decision splitting the early rounds then taking over.

One sided arse kicking, hagler would keep him bottled up and chase him down for the stoppage or wide points decision (which they would call a split decision for Canelo).

Pretty much this. Though I don't think canelo gets to the 12th vs hagler.

That Hagler work rate would be tough for Canelo. If this is 15 rounds, I'd favor Canelo even less.

Lol even with all of the clenbuterol, Canelo loses.

Wait, wait....I'm sorry. I made a mistake.
He'd wait till Hagler was 37 and then fight him.
A 37 year old Marvin still give Canelo a new retina halfway through the fight.

Back