Canelo Alvarez vs Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Clenelo

OG Masvidal fan
Banned
Reaction score
Prime vs prime at 160

Who wins?

I've got Hagler via pressuring and outworking Canelo to a competitive decision win.

One sided arse kicking, hagler would keep him bottled up and chase him down for the stoppage or wide points decision (which they would call a split decision for Canelo).

Lol even with all of the clenbuterol, Canelo loses.

Wait, wait....I'm sorry. I made a mistake.
He'd wait till Hagler was 37 and then fight him.

Hagler out works him for 15 rounds and maybe even stops him.

both all time greats, both can do everything. i think i like hagler’s footwork & his southpaw stance to confuse canelo. hagler’s got the best chin of all time in my book so i don’t see canelo hurting him with anything. hagler’s got him beat.

clear cut UD for hagler imo but canelo would look good losing

This one is all on Marvin. He could pick the wrong gameplan. If he tries to box Canelo à la Duran, he may get countered and outboxed for large portions of the fight. If he brings it to Canelo and makes it a brawl, I don't see him losing this.

Last edited:
i think it would be closer than people want to admit.

i love me some marvelous marvin hagler, but canelo can box, he has a chin on him, and he doesn't back out of a fight.

would be an awesome matchup, though.

i think it would be closer than people want to admit.

i love me some marvelous marvin hagler, but canelo can box, he has a chin on him, and he doesn't back out of a fight.

would be an awesome matchup, though.
Yeah i agree. It'd be a dangerous fight for both.

Hagler might come out pissed off and just wipe Canelo out though like he did with Hearns...that version of Hagler is like fighting a demon

As @Hagler said, Marvin didn't always fight the smartest fight. Still, it's a very, very difficult fight for Canelo to win. Hagler had a great jab and a great workrate. Hagler and Golovkin aren't all that similar aside from their great jabs, durability, and workrate, but Hagler would trouble him for all the same reasons that Golovkin did, plus the fact that he could also box on the backfoot and was a southpaw. Canelo would be competitive, though, and would have success countering Hagler for stretches of the fight, but he'd get outhustled and outboxed.

The Marvelous One beats Canelo any way he wants to.

I'm picking canelo here. I know hagler was very good in his era and all but people like to think that old school fighters are untouchable for whatever reasons.
It's like the older they are the less they can be beat by today's fighters.
Canelos iron chin and slick skills is why i choose canelo in a 12rd dec.
Flame suite on.

Last edited:
Hagler that Fought Hearns Kos Canelo in 5 rds or less.

Hagler that fought SRL it's a toss up n slight edge to Canelo

Pretty bad fight for Canelo stylistically, IMO.

More competitive than people would guess though, Hagler was in tough with some guys who weren't that great.

Both have iron chins and can withstand an inhumane amount of punishment. Both know how to dish it out too. I think it goes the distance in one of the absolute craziest fights we’ve ever seen. Boxing’s Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa lol

I'm picking canelo here. I know hagler was very good in his era and all but people like to think that old school fighters are untouchable for whatever reasons.
It's like the older they are the less they can be beat by today's fighters.
Canelos iron chin and slick skills is why i choose canelo in a 12rd dec.
Flame suite on.
you’re right about that for a lot of the black & white ”newspaper decision” guys. i don’t see many flaws in hagler though, if any

Prime Hagler beats Canelo and GGG...In the same year! WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Back