Canelo Alvarez team reportedly makes offer to Jason Quigley for Sept. 12 fight

Pay the fucking opponents to turn up, Billy Joe was right to delay. Ginger gets his 35 mil, the opponent gets stiffed, as do the audience.
How much should BJS get?

How much should BJS get?
Well, on one hand its the money. On the other hand its that he won't be ready in September and says no amount of money would make him say yes.

Also if Canelo waits for him he will fight for free. lol So its the money but he won't fight regardless of the money - but he will fight for free.

"I'm not ready [in] September," Saunders said. "You can say to me, 'Billy Joe, a billion pounds, but you're not ready and you're going to get beat.' I would say keep it.

"Let me get ready, let me win and I will fight for free. I'm nobody's stepping stone. I'm not another belt for Canelo. They want to try mind games ... that don't work with me, I play the biggest mind games in British boxing."

Well, on one hand its the money. On the other hand its that he won't be ready in September and says no amount of money would make him say yes.

Also if Canelo waits for him he will fight for free. lol So its the money but he won't fight regardless of the money - but he will fight for free.
Its bullshit. Theyve been trying to get him to sign for months now. If he needs 4 months to get ready its because hes cycling off peds.

And if money is the issue, what does BJS deserve for Canelo? He makes fuck all on his own, hes not a draw. The fight will sell entirely on Canelo’s name. So what is a reasonable figure for BJS who brings very little to the table?

I would say I'm not looking forward to this next fight but it's not really a "fight" is it? So I am still looking forward to Canelo's next FIGHT.

However I'm still waiting to see if Canelo can make another grown man shit his own liver out of his ass or at least vomit on the canvas from a body shot so that'll be fun to look for I guess.

I'm a GGG stan but I respect Canelo immensely. I think most ppl know I'm pretty fair. This is a hard match up to excuse, tbh.

Bullshit. Theyve been trying to get him to sign for months now. If he needs 4 months to get ready its because hes cycling off peds.

And if money is the issue, what does BJS deserve for Canelo? He makes fuck all on his own, hes not a draw. The fight will sell entirely on Canelo’s name. So what is a reasonable figure for BJS who brings very little to the table?

{<huh}I think BJS is just openly avoiding the fight. He's saying anything and everything, even contradicting himself about money.

{<huh}I think BJS is just openly avoiding the fight. He's saying anything and everything, even contradicting himself about money.
I left out “Its” before the bullshit. My fault.

I guess this is a tune up fight for a bigger match up afterwards?

How much should BJS get?
This do as you're told shit doesnt wear for some. He will do it in his own good time. Looking at some of the opponents mentioned, its obvious they're offering peanuts.

This do as you're told shit doesnt wear for some. He will do it in his own good time. Looking at some of the opponents mentioned, its obvious they're offering peanuts.
Ive asked that question multiple times on this forum to people who think BJS and Smith should turn Canelo down, and no one will answer. I wonder why.

What is a reasonable figure to pay BJS or Smith to fight Canelo?

Pay the fucking opponents to turn up, Billy Joe was right to delay. Ginger gets his 35 mil, the opponent gets stiffed, as do the audience.
I’m pretty sure Canelo is going to take a pay cut.

They've said for months now that his next fight was going to be a tune up. No one is putting together a mega fight when you can't have an audience.
I’m no expert but this is where all the networks should be jumping in and make mega fights on PPV, there’s nothing stopping them other than not having an audience, people are home binge watching Netflix, this is a good time.

Ive asked that question multiple times on this forum to people who think BJS and Smith should turn Canelo down, and no one will answer. I wonder why.

What is a reasonable figure to pay BJS or Smith to fight Canelo?
I know as an American you only deal in numbers. Why should Canelo get the perfect cycle time btw bouts? Maybe Billy will synch his cycling with Canelo for nxt year?

*thats not a dig, a legit question?

Last edited:
I know as an American you only deal in numbers. Why should Canelo get the perfect cycle time btw bouts? Maybe Billy will synch his cycling with Canelo for nxt year?

*thats not a dig, a legit question?
So essentially you cant answer the question...?

Theyve been trying to get an opponent for months now. Months. Saunders could have had 4+ months to “get ready”.

So first its money, then its not enough time, now hell fight for free with enough time? Its all bullshit. He doesnt want to get KTFO.

Why cant anyone who claims they arent being offered enough $ give their opinion of what a reasonable figure is for them to fight Canelo?

Super disappointing. Canelo is a P4P guy in his prime who only fights 2 times a year. He shouldn't have any gimme fights at this stage.

Maybe some of the fellow top guys will grow a pair and fight him

Maybe some of the fellow top guys will grow a pair and fight him

Who is ducking him and doesn't want that Canelo money? GGG has been calling him out forever and Canelo isn't interested.

Who is ducking him and doesn't want that Canelo money? GGG has been calling him out forever and Canelo isn't interested.
Saunders and Smith have both turned him down.

You really need to let this GGG thing go lol. You claimed he was ducking him and theyve fought twice now, and theyre in talks to fight for the third time. Golovkin has a fight lined up, so lets stop trying to make a one sided narrative.

Back