Canelo Alvarez team reportedly makes offer to Jason Quigley for Sept. 12 fight

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
“Golden Boy and my Sheer Sports Management team have been in touch with me. They have offered me the fight, to fight Canelo Alvarez, and it’s all there. We’re just waiting now for the possibility. Of course, there’s other boxers that could possibly be getting the fight as well. But I have been asked, ‘would I take the fight?’ 100 per cent, I said ‘yes.’”

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/7/...quigley-offer-september-2020-dazn-boxing-news

Wtf

Someone asking "would you take a fight?" isn't an offer that's all there.

Is Alvarez fighting Ryder? He's got a new opponent every day it seems.

I’ve never heard of him. I’ll probably watch but I’m not seeing any strong arguments to renew my subscription.

I'd legitimately be upset by this fight. I'm fine with Ryder and most of the other options thrown around but Quigley is a garbage fight. I doubt it's much more than hot air though.

I got a good amount of Canelo fanboy/apologist pushback for criticizing the Ryder fight but this potential opponent, Quigley if it goes through, has me changing my tune... BRILLIANT choice. It's been a few years since we've seen Canelo break someone's jaw. A great stay busy fight. Bravo.

This is sure to bring in casuals and new subscribers to DAZN. Fuck me, Canelo swooping in and saving the sport, how could i be so shortsighted?

Meh, Quigley might not be on the same level as Canelo but I'll end up staying up to watch it since he's from my part of the country.
Hoping he pulls off an upset, at the very least he's in for the biggest payday of his career.

Terrible fight. Canelo beatdowns are sometimes fun at least.

This is the fight the whole world was waiting for to resume the thrill of boxing.

Once he knocks out Quigly, they should just start inviting people off the Strip to come in and give it a go. I mean, Canelo is gonna get tired eventually. Maybe round 17 or 18 a guy wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt and flip-flops will catch Alvarez square ala Emmanuel Augustus.

HealthyGeneralFinch.webp

ShyGaseousBlacknorwegianelkhound-small.gif

Once he knocks out Quigly, they should just start inviting people off the Strip to come in and give it a go. I mean, Canelo is gonna get tired eventually. Maybe round 17 or 18 a guy wearing a Tommy Bahama shirt and flip-flops will catch Alvarez square ala Emmanuel Augustus.

HealthyGeneralFinch.webp

ShyGaseousBlacknorwegianelkhound-small.gif

Make it round 35, but I kind of agree.

Maybe Canelo has to shotgun a beer between rounds. Getting off the stool for round 11 will be like

Vkm.gif

When Canelo reaches round 20 they have a mystery fighter coming in and he happens to be Rocky Fielding.

He yells "You're in my world now !" and gets clobbered in round 22.

Where I do live DAZN fights are broadcasted on a cable channel without PPV fees, but I'd pay some good extra money for that.

They've said for months now that his next fight was going to be a tune up. No one is putting together a mega fight when you can't have an audience.

They've said for months now that his next fight was going to be a tune up. No one is putting together a mega fight when you can't have an audience.

I guess Lomachenko against Teofimo Lopez isn't a megafight. FWIW i think it's as attractive a fight as any of Canelo's options other than a third GGG fight (Beterbiev, Smith, Bivol).

Nobody is expecting a mega fight but Quigley is a pretty weak opponent. Ryder or Eubank Jr. would be preferable, and I think we’ll end up with one of them in September

They can do better than this.

Then again, many of the “better than this” guys keep saying no.

I guess Lomachenko against Teofimo Lopez isn't a megafight. FWIW i think it's as attractive a fight as any of Canelo's options other than a third GGG fight (Beterbiev, Smith, Bivol).
Yeah, that's no mega fight. It's obviously a big fight and they're planning on putting it on PPV but I think that's a huge mistake during a time like this. I really have my doubts that we're even going to see it this year to be honest. Some insiders recently expressed their doubts about it being done without an audience, or a limited one, so I'm not as hopeful as I was before. A couple other reasons being that it's now been rescheduled 3 times (May, September, now supposedly October) and the fight still hasn't actually been signed by either party as Top Rank hasn't provided either Lomachenko or Lopez contracts yet.

On the flip side, Lomachenko is already in camp, he started a little over a week ago. So, we'll see. Lopez I believe has already started camp too or is about to any day.
Vasily Lomachenko begins training camp for Teofimo Lopez with October 3 date pencilled in for unification fight

A bit more mega than Quigley would be good. Particularly for someone who only fights twice a year anyway.

Pay the fucking opponents to turn up, Billy Joe was right to delay. Ginger gets his 35 mil, the opponent gets stiffed, as do the audience.

Back