Canelo Alvarez team reportedly makes offer to Jason Quigley for Sept. 12 fight

I know as an American you only deal in numbers. Why should Canelo get the perfect cycle time btw bouts? Maybe Billy will synch his cycling with Canelo for nxt year?

*thats not a dig, a legit question?
Yes #s are the typical unit of measurement when YOU bring up pay as an objection.
Didnt know that was "American " as opposed to logical. Lol

Yes #s are the typical unit of measurement when YOU bring up pay as an objection.
Didnt know that was "American " as opposed to logical. Lol
America is capitalism, you are way more focused on cash>everything else, on the whole imo. BJS said cash was a concern but not the main sticking point. Did you watch the video? The Canelo/GB situation seems a mess.

America is capitalism, you are way more focused on cash>everything else, on the whole imo. BJS said cash was a concern but not the main sticking point. Did you watch the video? The Canelo/GB situation seems a mess.
BJS has changed his stance of excuses several times now. So which is it? First it was cash, then it was time, now hell fight for free?

The reality is he doesnt want to get his ass beaten by Canelo.

BJS has changed his stance of excuses several times now. So which is it? First it was cash, then it was time, now hell fight for free?

The reality is he doesnt want to get his ass beaten by Canelo.
He wants everything right for the fight of his life, if he half arsed it, would weigh on his mind forever. I'm sure you can understand that. What's the deal with Oscar/Canelo, I though they were boys?

BJS said cash was a concern
No I didn't. BJS is total cringe to me. I cant stomach listening to that low life. I also dont find him credible. So a B.S. explanation from him I wouldn't put to much stock in. He wont fight the top guys even not named Canelo....

He wants everything right for the fight of his life, if he half arsed it, would weigh on his mind forever. I'm sure you can understand that. What's the deal with Oscar/Canelo, I though they were boys?
Canelo and Ryan Garcia are both openly very critical on working with Oscar.

No I didn't. BJS is total cringe to me. I cant stomach listening to that low life. I also dont find him credible. So a B.S. explanation from him I wouldn't put to much stock in. He wont fight the top guys even not named Canelo....
The gypsies are discriminated against terribly. Its a self fulfilling thing, like the gang bangers over there. They expect to get treated like shit so act accordingly. Get past that, enjoy the skills. Looks like Andrade or Smith next.

It's hard for me to understand how anyone can still defend BJS anymore given your last point about him not facing any of the top guys. Crawford isn't even defended at all around here anymore, despite still being a relevant P4Per, and he's accomplished quite a bit more in his career than BJS has. Strange times.

Edit. With Crawford I forgot all about stuff jones. So yeah, almost nobody defends him anymore.

Last edited:
The gypsies are discriminated against terribly. Its a self fulfilling thing, like the gang bangers over there. They expect to get treated like shit so act accordingly. Get past that, enjoy the skills. Looks like Andrade or Smith next.
I'm sorry I dont give people passes for being jerks. In America or across the pond. Im also not a fan of his style.
I would like either of those matchups

It's hard for me to understand how anyone can still defend BJS anymore given your last point about him not facing any of the top guys. Crawford isn't even defended at all around here anymore, despite still being a relevant P4Per, and he's accomplished quite a bit more in his career than BJS has. Strange times.

Edit. With Crawford I forgot all about stuff jones. So yeah, almost nobody defends him anymore.
Exactly...Cool run from Canelo again... GGG, Charlo, Smith, Andrade....Take your pick

Its bullshit. Theyve been trying to get him to sign for months now. If he needs 4 months to get ready its because hes cycling off peds.

And if money is the issue, what does BJS deserve for Canelo? He makes fuck all on his own, hes not a draw. The fight will sell entirely on Canelo’s name. So what is a reasonable figure for BJS who brings very little to the table?

Good thing Canelo’s never been caught with PEDs!

They can do better than this.

Then again, many of the “better than this” guys keep saying no.

interested to know why they are saying no. Are they being greedy or are they being mugged off with the money side of things?

interested to know why they are saying no. Are they being greedy or are they being mugged off with the money side of things?
Canelo gotta get his 35 mil. Fight Canelo for 4 mil or a stay busy win for 2 mil? The trouble with greed is we get shit fights.

Canelo gotta get his 35 mil. Fight Canelo for 4 mil or a stay busy win for 2 mil? The trouble with greed is we get shit fights.

im certainly not in the habit of defending bjs, but him and smith are undefeated champions in their own right. And they are bringing their belts to the table. They’ve no need to accept whatever they are offered

Good thing Canelo’s never been caught with PEDs!
Good thing its not Canelo saying he wouldnt be ready in 4 months then huh?
8 million was the rumor for BJS. Id love to hear what everyone thinks theyre worth. No one seems to want to offer a figure.

Ill again point out that BJS first said it was a money issue to not sign. Then he said that he couldnt be ready by September. Then he said he would fight Canelo for free if they gave him the proper time to get ready.

So which is it?
Source on 4 mil for Canelo....? Ive got one for 8. And Ive got one where he says that money isnt the issue and that the issue was he wouldnt be ready in time.

Good thing its not Canelo saying he wouldnt be ready in 4 months then huh?

8 million was the rumor for BJS. Id love to hear what everyone thinks theyre worth. No one seems to want to offer a figure.

Ill again point out that BJS first said it was a money issue to not sign. Then he said that he couldnt be ready by September. Then he said he would fight Canelo for free if they gave him the proper time to get ready.

So which is it?

Source on 4 mil for Canelo....? Ive got one for 8. And Ive got one where he says that money isnt the issue and that the issue was he wouldnt be ready in time.

IF it was 8m then I’m not sure why he would turn it down. That is a duck as no one else would pay him that

Back