Rumored Canelo Alvarez eyeing Caleb Plant for May 2 fight

@PUO3 here are the people claiming Canelo is taking easy fights lmao

What's there to talk about? Canelo signed a massive deal with DAZN, so he's beholden to them as far as making their investment worth the price. Canelo doesn't have as much of the leverage against the other top 168/175 guys as his fangirls think he has. DAZN is paying him a shit tonne of money, so Canelo has to fight guys who the general pubic can buy as legit threats. Which is why the Murata "fight" is NOT happening.

When Canelo comes up off his stupid weight stipulations he'll have a fight against one of the to guys at 168/175. Until then, nada.

What's there to talk about? Canelo signed a massive deal with DAZN, so he's beholden to them as far as making their investment worth the price. Canelo doesn't have as much of the leverage against the other top 168/175 guys as his fangirls think he has. DAZN is paying him a shit tonne of money, so Canelo has to fight guys who the general pubic can buy as legit threats. Which is why the Murata "fight" is NOT happening.

When Canelo comes up off his stupid weight stipulations he'll have a fight against one of the to guys at 168/175. Until then, nada.
Callum Smith just turned down Canelo and there were no weight stipulations.

Callum Smith just turned down Canelo and there were no weight stipulations.

Eh, even if that's the case, I don't in any way blame Saunders and Smith for working the leverage for all that they can. As it stands, even under the best of circumstances they're bound to be up against it, that is, make less money and have the odds attacked against them. Let's let this situation play out and see how everything plays out first, before we start claiming so and so is ducking Canelo

It sucks. I was always pushing for Canelo to fight Smith and then when Smith gets the opportunity of a lifetime he shits the bed. Frankly, it's pathetic. Biggest payday of his life, against the biggest opponent of his life. All respect I had for Callum has disappeared in an instant.

Eh, even if that's the case, I don't in any way blame Saunders and Smith for working the leverage for all that they can. As it stands, even under the best of circumstances they're bound to be up against it, that is, make less money and have the odds attacked against them. Let's let this situation play out and see how everything plays out first, before we start claiming so and so is ducking Canelo
I like how you move the goal posts as soon as you were shown to be talking from your ass.

I like how you move the goal posts as soon as you were shown to be talking from your ass.

what are the goalpost's exactly? If your privy to the particulars of what was offered contractually, please do share, as I'd be more than glad to eat my words. you don't expect me to pretend that Canelo never has looked for a leg up on the scales or in any other capacity going into a big fight, do you? The Kovalez fight was just a few months ago chief (and that's only the most recent example).

Dude, even Lemieux, N'Dam, Groves are better than Plant's only "name", Uzcategui lol
N’Dam and Groves fought Smith who’s resume I wasn’t questioning, although you could reasonably criticize those two wins. Naming Lemieux proves my point on BJS, that was at 160 and Lemieux is tailor made for Saunders. At 168 Saunders has been struggling with “contenders” that don’t even have Wikipedia pages. He has impressive boxing skills but ducks top competition and pulls out of fights like he’s a college kid who’s too broke for condoms.

Good fight. Credible young prime hungry champion at a higher weight.
Yet idiots will still cry because they don't follow boxing closely enough to realize that Plant is a legit opponent.

what are the goalpost's exactly? If your privy to the particulars of what was offered contractually, please do share, as I'd be more than glad to eat my words. you don't expect me to pretend that Canelo never has looked for a leg up on the scales or in any other capacity going into a big fight, do you? The Kovalez fight was just a few months ago chief (and that's only the most recent example).
You complain about Canelo’s weight stipulations as to why Smith wont take the fight. There were no weight stipulations.

Then you change your tune to “well I dont blame them for leveraging” blah blah.

Who was made an offer first? Smith or Plant? Hearn claims Plant was made 2 offers which indicates ongoing talks. I'm genuinely curious, but my point was why consider a Plant fight period? I can't see both Smith AND BJS turning down the fight unless Oscar really is offering people peanuts

Does it matter? They’re trying to make deals with everyone - they’re being rejected. Guys like Callum and BJS aren’t in a position to be acting as Canelos equals. If they want a chance at greatness they need to suck it up and fight. But as you said in a different post, they know they aren’t favored to win and want to be paid a premium to lose. That’s not how it works.

Does it matter? They’re trying to make deals with everyone - they’re being rejected. Guys like Callum and BJS aren’t in a position to be acting as Canelos equals. If they want a chance at greatness they need to suck it up and fight. But as you said in a different post, they know they aren’t favored to win and want to be paid a premium to lose. That’s not how it works.
Gonna be hard for Oscar’s own magazine to rank Canelo as the top 168lb fighter if Smith has their Ring title

Gonna be hard for Oscar’s own magazine to rank Canelo as the top 168lb fighter if Smith has their Ring title
I'm sure fake titles are a huge obstacle

lol at Saunders and Smith having any leverage in Canelo talks.

Canelo-Plant potentially could be bigger in America than the other two if they play on Caleb being the only White American champ.

Canelo-Plant potentially could be bigger in America than the other two if they play on Caleb being the only White American champ.
I don't know if people care or notice

There's literally no fight he could take that you wouldn't put a bad spin on.

Haven’t really been keeping up. What happened to Murata?

Back