Rumored Canelo Alvarez eyeing Caleb Plant for May 2 fight

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingnews24.com/2020/02/canelo-alvarez-eyeing-caleb-plant-for-may-2-fight/

Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn says he thinks that Plant, 27, is the third option for Canelo, according to Talkboxing. Hearn says that Plant has already been approached about the Canelo fight twice, which means he’s got a shot at getting the fight.

“He’s [Plant] gonna want more than Callum and Billy,” said Hearn to Talkboxing.com.

Oh cool. the weakest champ in a given division again :rolleyes:

Canelo loves easy fights SMH

Just fight Callum, he will last 12 rounds at least.

@PUO3 here are the people claiming Canelo is taking easy fights lmao

Hahahahahahahaha. I fucking knew it would happen.

Smith turns down the fight and its Canelo looking for easy fights again. Cant make this shit up.

Hahahahahahahaha. I fucking knew it would happen.

Smith turns down the fight and its Canelo looking for easy fights again. Cant make this shit up.
I'm withholding judgement until I see what the terms were, but the fact is Canelo is the biggest boxer in the world and he can make money fighting anyone. They're gonna have to take one to their pride if they wanna prove their worth.

I'm withholding judgement until I see what the terms were, but the fact is Canelo is the biggest boxer in the world and he can make money fighting anyone. They're gonna have to take one to their pride if they wanna prove their worth.
I doubt it was low. Danny and Kova both made great money.

Callum Smith turned down the fight and he would have made three to four times the money he has ever made and he turned it down," said De La Hoya, who declined to say how much Smith was offered. "I wish him all the best and hopefully he can make the same money somewhere else. But Callum Smith, the most dangerous fighter out there at super middleweight, is out there and he's bragging how he wants to fight the best and he turns it down? What's wrong with these fighters? What's happening with the legacies? It's all business now."

Financial packages for the two most recent Alvarez opponents -- Sergey Kovalev and Daniel Jacobs -- were more than $12 million.

CaNeLeR dUcKiNg BjS cOnFiRmeD

I doubt it was low. Danny and Kova both made great money.
apparently it wasn't to do with any re-hydration clause either. Seems like a duck or a real ego problem. Did Hearn come out and defend him? if not then that's pretty telling as Hearn is usually the first to go to bat for his guys and shit on the other team.

apparently it wasn't to do with any re-hydration clause either. Seems like a duck or a real ego problem. Did Hearn come out and defend him? if not then that's pretty telling as Hearn is usually the first to go to bat for his guys and shit on the other team.
Hearn said they declined the offer but they are still in talks basically.

Maybe Callum shouldn’t have turned down the fight.
Who was made an offer first? Smith or Plant? Hearn claims Plant was made 2 offers which indicates ongoing talks. I'm genuinely curious, but my point was why consider a Plant fight period? I can't see both Smith AND BJS turning down the fight unless Oscar really is offering people peanuts

Who was made an offer first? Smith or Plant? Hearn claims Plant was made 2 offers which indicates ongoing talks. I'm genuinely curious, but my point was why consider a Plant fight period? I can't see both Smith AND BJS turning down the fight unless Oscar really is offering people peanuts
Because Saunders is known for taking hard fights and all.

Oh cool. the weakest champ in a given division again :rolleyes:
How do you figure that? Who has Saunders beaten at 168? Smith can’t make the weight with out killing himself and is only still a belt holder thanks to a dubious decision over a b level fighter. Out of the 3 Plant is the strongest title holder right now.

Because Saunders is known for taking hard fights and all.
He wants the money, he's almost resigned himself to losing vs Canelo if you watch his interviews, "take a chance" and all lol

How do you figure that? Who has Saunders beaten at 168? Smith can’t make the weight with out killing himself and is only still a belt holder thanks to a dubious decision over a b level fighter. Out of the 3 Plant is the strongest title holder right now.
Dude, even Lemieux, N'Dam, Groves are better than Plant's only "name", Uzcategui lol

Plant doesn't suck but I don't see him outboxing BJS, even if you hate Saunders. He's 27 so in 2-3 years who knows but I don't see it now

Does Canelo have trouble making 160? I only ask because I would think Andrade or Charlo would be a bigger test. But maybe he's just bored with Middleweight, having achieved what he already achieved and all

Back