Rumored Canelo Alvarez eyeing Caleb Plant for May 2 fight

I don't know....I'm a white american and literally could not possibly care less
Yea well, I dont think thats White America as a whole.
White America loves a white champ.

Yea well, I dont think thats White America as a whole.
White America loves a white champ.
Yeah when Nixon was president maybe

It doesn't matter now

Yeah when Nixon was president maybe

It doesn't matter now
Yes it does.
Ever noticed that as the years gone on and how the decline of white fighters also led to a decline in popularity for the sport in white America?
Thats why u get white suburbanites who will watch a UFC fight but know nothing of boxing. Whether its conscious or not, but ppl identify with their own.
The same reason black people dont watch golf and hockey. Theres barely a representation for blacks there and doesnt peak there interests.
If an all pro Black Hockey team showed up, youd see more black fans in the audience

Yes it does.
Ever noticed that as the years gone on and how the decline of white fighters also led to a decline in popularity for the sport in white America?
Thats why u get white suburbanites who will watch a UFC fight but know nothing of boxing. Whether its conscious or not, but ppl identify with their own.
The same reason black people dont watch golf and hockey. Theres barely a representation for blacks there and doesnt peak there interests.
If an all pro Black Hockey team showed up, youd see more black fans in the audience
Tyson Fury is my Great White Hope for the next week lol

Has to be a white American
Europeans will back their country men for the most part.
True, I was a total mark for Kelly Pavlik when he was stopping Miranda and Taylor. It helped that I identified with his upbringing, economically depressed area and working class type guy

Yes it does.
I see what you mean i guess but i think there are more factors too

Most of my favorite fighters are incidentally either black americans or white foreigners it seems as i analyze my group of favs

Although black americans and white foreigners are like....almost everyone so.....guess that doesn't say much on second thought

Plant doesn’t have much on Canelo but then again, who has ? Not a bad fight.

Yes it does.
I've been chewing on this for a couple hours now....

I think wrestling has a big part in mma popularity among american whites.

Your thoughts? I don't even necessarily know it's true but that's the best i got

I've been chewing on this for a couple hours now....

I think wrestling has a big part in mma popularity among american whites.

Your thoughts? I don't even necessarily know it's true but that's the best i got
Thats honestly one of the main reasons as well.
Boxing is too violent. Kids punching each other in schools doesnt go well.
Wrestling though is just grappling. So you dont have to worry about getting your nose broken in half.

BJS, Benavidez, Charlo. Did Smith turn it down? Was Oscar offering chump change?

Saunders is a poor man’s Lara and doesn’t take big title fights. Benavidez has size but hardly any elite experience. Neither has Charlo above 154, and he’s smaller. Smith has just looked awful against a C-level fighter.

Plant is still not elite, but he doesn’t look that bad when compared to them and he’s a legit 168 pounder.

What the hell is Smith waiting for, a bigger fight to come along?!

Blatant duck.

Yes it does.
Doesn't seem to stop whites from loving black NBA /NFL also latino MLB.
Decline in boxing has more to do with horrible promotion, management, marketing, and smarter competition than race.

Thats honestly one of the main reasons as well.
Boxing is too violent. Kids punching each other in schools doesnt go well.
Wrestling though is just grappling. So you dont have to worry about getting your nose broken in half.
Wrestling at any level can lead to head clashes that cause lacerations, broken noses, and concussions. Concussions are common in wrestling from clashes and from being thrown on your head. Broken noses too, they're not uncommon. There's a special type of headgear on the market you can wear to protect the forehead and in certain gear the nose as well. Even at the highest levels you'll see head clash related injuries in competition, nose bleeds with cotton stuffed up the nose, broken noses, cuts and swollen eyes, which is why some elite level wrestlers occasionally wear face masks, usually if they're wrestling with an already broken nose that's still healing.

Back