Rumored Canelo Alvarez eyeing Caleb Plant for May 2 fight

Doesn't seem to stop whites from loving black NBA /NFL also latino MLB.
Decline in boxing has more to do with horrible promotion, management, marketing, and smarter competition than race.
Michael Jordan is my favorite athlete of all time. Me being white and American won't change that. I've never seen someone that dominant in their respective sport. The only other athlete I've seen that I'd probably put in the same conversation is Wayne Gretzky, because his records and career stats are absolutely mind-boggling. The closest thing I've seen to MJ in boxing was RJJ at his peak.

Doesn't seem to stop whites from loving black NBA /NFL also latino MLB.
Decline in boxing has more to do with horrible promotion, management, marketing, and smarter competition than race.
Oh yea, they love when they play for their white teams and cities. But wait until they take a kneel or voice their opinions, then all of a sudden its "Shut up and dribble"

Michael Jordan is my favorite athlete of all time. Me being white and American won't change that. I've never seen someone that dominant in their respective sport. The only other athlete I've seen that I'd probably put in the same conversation is Wayne Gretzky, because his records and career stats are absolutely mind-boggling. The closest thing I've seen to MJ in boxing was RJJ at his peak.
Yea, his greatness super cedes that, but also team sports are somewhat different.
But I can simply point to the Magic-Bird, LA-Boston, Black-White rivalry.

Wrestling at any level can lead to head clashes that cause lacerations, broken noses, and concussions. Concussions are common in wrestling from clashes and from being thrown on your head. Broken noses too, they're not uncommon. There's a special type of headgear on the market you can wear to protect the forehead and in certain gear the nose as well. Even at the highest levels you'll see head clash related injuries in competition, nose bleeds with cotton stuffed up the nose, broken noses, cuts and swollen eyes, which is why some elite level wrestlers occasionally wear face masks, usually if they're wrestling with an already broken nose that's still healing.
You can also choke to death on a piece of hair.

Agreed MJ is the greatest athlete ever IMO. Never seen anyone at anything who could consistently dominate like that.

Oh yea, they love when they play for their white teams and cities. But wait until they take a kneel or voice their opinions, then all of a sudden its "Shut up and dribble"
What exactly is a "white team" and a "white city?"
Dont black boxers represent those same "white cities?"
They are still watching on TV buying the tickets and merchandise despite internet trolls pretending they are boycotting.

You can also choke to death on a piece of hair.
Wrestling’s the most dangerous sport for concussions
Student-athletes have a better chance of getting a concussion on a wrestling mat than they do on a football field, according to a study in the American Journal of Sports Medicine. The study focused on data reported to the NCAA by athletic trainers over a five-year period and concluded that college wrestlers have the highest concussion rates of any sport.
Concussion... Not Just Football. Wrestling Tops The List.

They are still watching on TV buying the tickets and merchandise despite internet trolls pretending they are boycotting.
MJ and Kobe played in those white cities like Chicago and LA... oh wait.

Meaning, if you're from Denver and the Broncos are playing and you grew up liking them, you are established with the team and the city. The players play for your team and your city.

How many black owners in all of the major sports? NFL, MLB, NBA and the NHL?

No reason to play dumb here.
We all know what the Great White Hope means.
We all know that what we are talking about is Identity, not racism.

Mexicans cheer for Mexicans. Irish cheer for Irish. Nigerians cheer for Nigerians.

A bunch of white guys from Utah, or Arizona, or Kentucky aren't going to identify with a black dude from the streets of Detroit, who we trying to fool here.
No one wants to hear "Everyone loves everyone, where I'm from"
Fuck all that shit. Stop the pandering
Puerto Ricans love Puerto Ricans, Cubans love Cubans and so on and their is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Thats the NCAA where they under report for football due to it being a money maker for the universities.
How many people have died from wrestling or developed CTE.

Football is without question more dangerous than wrestling. And thats with the pads and helmets.
Which isn't the argument.
Nobody is saying that collegiate wrestling is more dangerous than football. What the study shows is that over a half decade the reported concussion rate was higher in collegiate wrestling than any other collegiate sport in America. The only potential issue with the study is that it has a small sample size compared to some of the other collegiate sports, but it shows the inherent risks. Football and boxing are much more dangerous due to the repeated blows to the head. Both have been linked to CTE. Concussion rate alone also doesn't tell you the types (grades) of concussions that were most prevalent.

I agree with the last part but there's plenty of evidence to the contrary for the first claim. If white Americans were so driven to find a great white hope then why isn't Stipe Miocic much more popular? He's a white American and the Heavyweight champ of the UFC (realistically meaning all of world level MMA). He's nowhere near the draw that the likes of Jones is or a prime Anderson Silva was. The highest PPV buy rate he's ever had is only 450k PPV buys. He hasn't even been able to crack half a million PPV buys yet despite fighting on PPV half a dozen times.

I agree with the last part but there's plenty of evidence to the contrary for the first claim. If white Americans were so driven to find a great white hope then why isn't Stipe Miocic much more popular? He's a white American and the Heavyweight champ of the UFC (realistically meaning all of world level MMA). He's nowhere near the draw that the likes of Jones is or a prime Anderson Silva was. The highest PPV buy rate he's ever had is only 450k PPV buys. He hasn't even been able to crack half a million PPV buys yet despite fighting on PPV half a dozen times.
His highest draw rate was with a black dude, who was also the bigger draw lol

His highest draw rate was with a black dude, who was also the bigger draw lol
Brock Lesnar was really popular when he was UFC Heavyweight champ but he already had a huge following from the pro wrestling community in the form of crossover fans. His popularity certainly wasn't primarily because he happened to be white and American, it's because he was already a superstar in the WWE.

Don't know jack shit about basket. I just grew up knowing Jordan was the best ever.
I've read the last couple of years though that while Jordan is considered the GOAT many people think that Lebron also reached that level or even surpassed him,
so I was beginning to think that maybe Jordan wasn't that dominant after all.

Don't know jack shit about basket. I just grew up knowing Jordan was the best ever.
I've read the last couple of years though that while Jordan is considered the GOAT many people think that Lebron also reached that level or even surpassed him,
so I was beginning to think that maybe Jordan wasn't that dominant after all.
Yeah that talk has been going on for a while now. One of the main arguments against it is that LeBron hasn't been nearly as consistent as other greats when it comes to his finals record. He actually has a losing finals record, he's 3-6. But, he's had much less to work with compared to say a 90's prime MJ who had a great team around him. Most feel that LeBron's championship record tarnishes his legacy a bit including myself.

You're right. I think theres more factors than just being white.
Stiope Miocic shouldve taken a hint tho and did what the old timers did and got rid of the ethnic names and changed it to a more American name.

lol at Saunders and Smith having any leverage in Canelo talks.

They don't, but Canelo has his master to please. Not Golden Boy, but DAZN. They didn't give him a 300+ million dollar contract so he could fight gimme's against domestic level asian fighters.

Canelo has to fight big name guys who'll generate excitement and maybe bring in more subscribers. Don't get me wrong, he has the upper hand over all these guys, but he's not in the drivers seat like Money May was back in the day. Floyd didn't have to answer to anyone. Canelo has to answer to DAZN, whether he wants to admit it or not.

They don't, but Canelo has his master to please. Not Golden Boy, but DAZN. They didn't give him a 300+ million dollar contract so he could fight gimme's against domestic level asian fighters.

Canelo has to fight big name guys who'll generate excitement and maybe bring in more subscribers. Don't get me wrong, he has the upper hand over all these guys, but he's not in the drivers seat like Money May was back in the day. Floyd didn't have to answer to anyone. Canelo has to answer to DAZN, whether he wants to admit it or not.
Canelo is the biggest star in combat sports currently. Canelo is fighting any and everyone. Canelo is being ducked by the best opponents available.

Yea, his greatness super cedes that, but also team sports are somewhat different.
But I can simply point to the Magic-Bird, LA-Boston, Black-White rivalry.
Dafuck that have to do with anything?
Meaning, if you're from Denver and the Broncos are playing and you grew up liking them, you are established with the team and the city. The players play for your team and your city.

How many black owners in all of the major sports? NFL, MLB, NBA and the NHL?

Mexicans cheer for Mexicans. Irish cheer for Irish. Nigerians cheer for Nigerians.

A bunch of white guys from Utah, or Arizona, or Kentucky aren't going to identify with a black dude from the streets of Detroit, who we trying to fool here.
No one wants to hear "Everyone loves everyone, where I'm from"
Fuck all that shit. Stop the pandering
Puerto Ricans love Puerto Ricans, Cubans love Cubans and so on and their is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Why werent guys like Tommy Morrison or Kelly Pavlik superstars then?
Also Conor McGregor poked major wholes in your white European theory
You are confusing nationality with race some. . .
As far as know 2 black owners in all of the big 3 pro sport. Again that's a bunch of random shit that doesn't have anything to do with the decline of boxing.

Back