International Canadian woman and Italian boyfriend missing in Burkina Faso

Probably not, sadly, just dumb. To put that another way, a part of me wishes they were and then it wouldn't be quite as tragically limp.
Innocents abroad: Why do so many Canadians still ignore travel warnings?
Former consular chief says few Canadians heed warnings when venturing off the beaten path

Even if this makes these early favorites for the Darwin Awards, it's still pretty sad. They're young people just trying to see the world and have no idea how shitty it can be. It's almost charmingly innocent considering the probable outcome. That said, fuck some people are dumb.
A little street smarts goes a long way. Unfortunately the need for adventure in a land with a high level of terrorism, banditry and kidnapping is just too damn alluring. Damn the much safer options.

Last edited:
ITT Trotsky shows us his unrivaled intelligence and glaring wit. These two were seasoned travelers, veterans of their trade in his mind. Shame on those who have pointed out travelling to dangerous 3rd world countries is a bad idea. He even brings up the outstanding argument of "Can happen anywhere" And finishes off with calling people pussies.

No, quite the opposite actually. Theres nothing wrong with wanting to venture out and see the world. Theres 195 countries in the world, about 150 of which are deemed safe for travel. These two darwinian adventures chose to ignore those 150 and decided that going to hotspots of violence sounded like a great idea.

It's sad that two people died doing something they obviously enjoyed, but its hard to feel sorry for them as even rudimentary research could have told them what they were doing was remarkably ill-advised.
Like choosing to go to Port-au-Prince over Amsterdam for sex tourism. Insanely stupid.

A friend of my wife who is pretty traveled went to Djibouti on invitation from a guy from there that she met in France.

I never heard of the country before, i googled and saw border with Somalia and told my wife, that doesnt sounds safe.

My wife apparently told her friend who told the guy and then i knew that Djibouti has military bases from the USA, Japan, China, France and Italy.

Weird ass country if you ask me.
I spent 3 months in Djibouti (Camp Lemonnier), in Djibouti City

It's pretty third worldtastic, but it has nothing on Somalia which is essentially completely lawless outside of Mogadishu. The northern part of Somalia, Somaliland, is a self proclaimed autonomous region that is arguably the safest part of the country haha

I actually tried to visit many parts of Africa, and was denied b/c in the military if you they have State Dept travel advisory warnings you aren't allowed to go (which you could theoretically ignore but if you get caught it's a wrap).

So I made it to Tunisia and Cape Verde, but was denied Egypt, Morocco, and Algeria as Arab Spring had essentially started at that pt (not sure why Tunisia was allowed then, but whatever). I even had tickets booked to Marrakesh and was approved, but then a bombing occurred and that was 86'd.

Same thing happened to me while trying to visit St. Petersburg, Russia and Istanbul, Turkey. I didn't even ask about Israel/Palestine b/c I knew that was a no go.

Regarding Africa, I shoulda tried for Madagascar or the Seychelles as I don't think they were ever off limits. Or Reunion, which is part of France, for that matter.

This is the first time I’ve ever heard of far right anything wanting the Chinese to exterminate Africans....what type of sites are you visiting? Haha
Whenever there is a thread on sites like Amren or Stormfront, on Chinese economic expansion into Africa, there is always some barely contained glee in the belief the Chinese will 'deal' with the Africans, that they are encumbered by guilt or social justice or egalitarian attitudes like Whites are. When there is a news report on racism faced by Africans in India or China, Amren will make sure to carry the news, and the commenters are rather happy that the Blacks are getting shit on.

Whenever there is a thread on sites like Amren or Stormfront, on Chinese economic expansion into Africa, there is always some barely contained glee in the belief the Chinese will 'deal' with the Africans, that they are encumbered by guilt or social justice or egalitarian attitudes like Whites are. When there is a news report on racism faced by Africans in India or China, Amren will make sure to carry the news, and the commenters are rather happy that the Blacks are getting shit on.
So you drag shit from there and apply it to war room posters gotcha....

No, quite the opposite actually. Theres nothing wrong with wanting to venture out and see the world. Theres 195 countries in the world, about 150 of which are deemed safe for travel. These two darwinian adventures chose to ignore those 150 and decided that going to hotspots of violence sounded like a great idea.

It's sad that two people died doing something they obviously enjoyed, but its hard to feel sorry for them as even rudimentary research could have told them what they were doing was remarkably ill-advised.
I dont disagree. Just sayin. I dont know what compelled then to travel to some place I've never heard of. Their life, their decision, imo.

So you drag shit from there and apply it to war room posters gotcha....
I didn't say the warroomers specifically expressed those sentiments about China in Africa . What does apply to some posters is similar sentiments found in both places on other racial issues.

No one is celebrating these 2 kids getting murdered.
Leftists desperately need to turn this around, creating a narrative that any debate on their common sense is "celebrating their murders". They don't even quote people hoping accusations stick.

This thread made me curious as to what the most dangerous countries were. I looked up murder rate stats and came across Brazils annual homocide count for 2016 which was 61,283.

That blew my mind.

Some places in South Africa are fine; heard from mom that some friends she knows went there on vacation . Namibia and Botswana also seem ok. Had friend go to Ghana, said it was alright. Kenya seems ok if you stick to the resorts. This 1 incident in Morocco doesn't really make it into something akin to Libya. Western tourists still go there ; just got to take some precautions and exhibit diligence and common sense. Tunisia and Egypt also seem ok, if you stick to touristy areas and go along with male friends.

Mexico , as everyone knows, has a big crime problem, but it also has safe areas . I went to the Riviera Maya a few years ago, had no issues. Now lately there does seem to be an uptick in crime, but tourists still go there and for the most part are fine. Some countries though are soo sketchy across the board that they are best avoided.
Of course pretty much every country is fine if you stick to resorts and take every precaution. I went to Morocco for like 2 months a few years ago but mostly hung out with friends from there, one of whom got stabbed by a junkie at a convenience store buying cigarettes. They also told me to keep a few bucks in my pocket and hide the rest in my socks or 5th pocket cause dudes will pull up to tourists on motorbikes and rob you at knifepoint in the market. Some fucker also strapped a bomb to his chest and blew up a cafe in Marrakesh about a month before I was there. If I was a woman, that is not a place I'd wonder around by myself. Even as a dude I had to pay extra attention. Certainly if you're a white chick with dreadlocks, you're pretty much a target to get taken advantage of.

the good thing about Chinese neocolonialism in Africa will be it's disastrous impact on China, not for what happens in Africa

There's a reason all those projects were denied loans from the IMF and World Bank, just like that highway being built in Montenegro right now by the Chinese
They are attempting to pull off basically what the US did in Latin America w/ Banana Republics (give out loans for infrastructure projects that have ZERO possibility of being repaid back, then you take over everything with interest), and it's going to fail horribly

This thread made me curious as to what the most dangerous countries were. I looked up murder rate stats and came across Brazils annual homocide count for 2016 which was 61,283.

That blew my mind.
Shit, son, and that is reported murders and it's probably much higher if you count poor people that nobody gives an eff about. They've got some fucked up neighborhoods there

That blew my mind.
Could you source that, please.

the good thing about Chinese neocolonialism in Africa will be it's disastrous impact on China, not for what happens in Africa

There's a reason all those projects were denied loans from the IMF and World Bank, just like that highway being built in Montenegro right now by the Chinese
They are attempting to pull off basically what the US did in Latin America w/ Banana Republics (give out loans for infrastructure projects that have ZERO possibility of being repaid back, then you take over everything with interest), and it's going to fail horribly

I heard they were actually doing that in order gain popularity among those countries, as a means to gain votes on the UN council. Each seat on the council has equal value, so the votes of these small, poor countries is worth just as much. It's worked very well, African votes align with China's basically every time. They throw a $50,000 for an infrastructure project here, a $200,000 there, which is absolute chump change for a country like China, and they have the Africans in their pocket and they get massive returns on investment diplomatically.

stopped reading at west african rip

I heard they were actually doing that in order gain popularity among those countries, as a means to gain votes on the UN council. Each seat on the council has equal value, so the votes of these small, poor countries is worth just as much. It's worked very well, African votes align with China's basically every time. They throw a $50,000 for an infrastructure project here, a $200,000 there, which is absolute chump change for a country like China, and they have the Africans in their pocket and they get massive returns on investment diplomatically.
well and they need further oil suppliers

They're also using Chinese labor to complete these projects, I don't think they would go through all that just to get some votes but you could be totally right (I've seen that theory posited before)

Back