International Canadian woman and Italian boyfriend missing in Burkina Faso

phoenixikki

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Sherbrooke woman and Italian boyfriend missing in Burkina Faso

49161943_2308755926024546_434888111852355584_n.jpg

Édith Blais, 34, and Luca Tacchetto, 30, have not communicated with family or friends since Dec. 15 when they posted photos on Facebook.
The Canadian government and Interpol are searching for a Sherbrooke woman and her Italian friend who have gone missing in the West African country of Burkina Faso.
Édith Blais’ sister says the 34-year-old Sherbrooke resident and her Italian friend Luca Tacchetto, 30, were travelling in the West African nation when they abruptly stopped communicating with their families around Dec. 15, when they posted photos on Facebook. Friends have created a page for news updates.

“There was no more communication with anyone, no more financial transactions either from her account since Dec. 11,” Mélanie Bergeron Blais said in a phone interview.

“She didn’t spend to eat, for a hotel, there’s nothing at all,” she said. “They’ve completely disappeared into the void."

Continue reading

No longer content with the pleasures of domestic virtue signalling or the classic "get woke, go broke." Now SJWs have graduated to being cannibalized by savages in Africa. I'm sure the locals appreciated the cultural appropriation.

Sad. Here's hoping against hope.

I hope they are just “taking a vacation from technology” as I do that as well. Yet I usually notify my family first. Hopefully they are ok though

What would you like us to discuss here?
How about reckless people vacationing in dangerous countries.

Risk level(s)
Burkina Faso - AVOID NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL
Avoid non-essential travel to Burkina Faso due to the threat of terrorism.

Northern area and the border with Mali - Avoid all travel
Avoid all travel to the area north of the Tougan–Ouahigouya–Djibo–Dori line—up to the Mali and Niger borders—and within 80 km of the rest of the Burkina Faso–Mali border, due to the threat of banditry and kidnapping.

Safety and security situation

Border with Niger - Avoid all travel
Avoid all travel to the following areas due to the threat of terrorism:

within 40 km of the border with Niger
within 40 km of the province of Komondjari
within 40 km of the province of Gourma
within 40 km of the province of Kompienga
within 40 km of the province of Tapoa

Borders with Benin and Togo - Avoid all travel
Avoid all travel to 40 km within borders of Benin and Togo due to the threat of banditry and terrorism.

W National Park - Avoid all travel
Avoid all travel to the W National Park due to the regional threat of terrorism.

Travel Health Notice - Zika virus
The Public Health Agency of Canada has issued advice for travellers on the Zika virus, recommending that Canadians practice special health precautions while travelling in affected countries. Pregnant women and those considering becoming pregnant should avoid travel to Burkina Faso. See Health for more information.

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/burkina-faso

Why? Why do people insist on traveling to places like this? If you want exotic, go to fucking Laos. Mongolia. China. Hell, North Korea.

But noooo, let a go to a country most people have never heard of that's near the top of the list of countries you shouldnt be taking a trip to.

Play remarkably stupid games, win a quick trip to the afterlife.

Why? Why do people insist on traveling to places like this? If you want exotic, go to fucking Laos. Mongolia. China. Hell, North Korea.

Not thuper progethive enough.

Seriously though, nobody can say these folks weren't warned. This isn't a tourist spot. It's a legit shit hole. What on Earth were they thinking?

...after reading further BF is notorious for kidnappings especially foreigners. Damn, reality might have hit these guys pretty hard

...after reading further BF is notorious for kidnappings especially foreigners. Damn, reality might have hit these guys pretty hard
A part of me wonders if people who travel like this are suicidal.

I would say, yes. Yes they are. They ignored just about every iota of common sense to go there. That's either suicidal, or blissfully ignorant of reality.

A few liberals need to get murdered everyonce in a while to satiate our prejudices

Damn bro, is that really your take away here?

A short google of Burkina Faso reveals articles on genital mutilations, burning of people, kidnappings, cannabalism....the four seasons in Bahamas it’s not

What would you like us to discuss here?

hi computer fogie,

there are some good places to get a meal, if you happen to be in West Africa and have a hankering for some good local fare!

if i may quote from culturetrip.com;

the Ali Baba - This Lebanese restaurant serves mezze, fresh tabbouleh, hummous and labneh, all served with characteristic Chad joviality.

Layalina - Take a seat under the metal awning and imbibe the jovial atmosphere, taking advantage of the complimentary shisha or kicking back with a beer.

Pimms - Promising culinary harmony between Angolan and Portuguese influences, Pimms provides upmarket a la carte dining in the heart of West Africa.

there's many things to discuss, this thread is wide open my friend!

- IGIT

At what point do we stop caring about idiots who venture out into places like this with no clue wtf they are doing.

Back