Elections Canadian Election today

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
It's time to get the drama teacher out of power.
prime-ministers-and-government-spending-2021.jpg

-1x-1.png

E5tlsAlWUAAbzMe.jpg

And this is fcking scary

https://www.iedm.org/canadian-debt-clock/

<Eek2.0><Eek2.0><Eek2.0><Eek2.0><Eek2.0>

Discuss

"Note: Figures include the debt of governments, households and non-financial corporations at the end of 2020 Q3."

So, we're both right and you are still wrong.

It's funny they're worried about household debt while also saying right at the top of the same page, "Economy shrank most in post-war era as people hoarded money". How can Canadians be troubled by high debt and hoarded savings at the same time? I wonder. Is there anything in that article that takes into account the expected release of all that pent up demand when things return to close to business as usual? Why yes, it turns out there is.

Fiscal Capacity
Economists give the prime minister high marks for acting quickly, but the end result has been an overshoot. Government transfers to households increased by C$119 billion in 2020 from a year earlier, versus a decline of just C$6 billion in regular income.

There’s still the prospect that some of the excess savings will flow back into the economy sooner than anticipated, fueling an even strong recovery in 2021.

Fourth-quarter growth was stronger than anticipated, adding to optimism about a rebound fueled in part by climbing prices for oil, the country’s top export, though official data revealed some underlying problems as well. Both business investment and household consumption remain soft.

And tell me, how much of that household debt do you suppose is in the form of inflated mortgages resulting from sharply rising home prices and how much of it is debt due to other large purchases like TVs and cars?

And hey, I wonder how you missed this part,

Frances Donald, global chief economist and head of macro strategy at Manulife Investment Management, said it’s misleading to use short-term economic data to measure the effectiveness of fiscal stimulus.

To Donald, what matters is the damage the spending prevented -- it reduced long-term scarring in the labor market and prevented bankruptcies and poverty, helping the country get to the other side of the pandemic in better shape.

“The value of fiscal support will show itself when the vaccine arrives and the economy reopens,” she said.

So yeah, keep on spreading the manure, something is bound to grow. Mean time, the meme thread is over there.

I'm not voting for him, but I'll take another 4 years of JT over 4 years of O'Toole.

I wouldn't worry about debt if you are Canadian, the U.S. is showing by example that you can just keep printing money.

The consensus for quite some time now is that Trudeau will get another minority government and that is probably what is going to happen.

Oh look, here come the reinforcements again. Didn't take as long to flash the batshit signal this time, hm?

You sound upset that you were made to look like a compete fool in record time. Maybe don't come into to every thread with some know it all chip on your shoulder that you have earned in the slightest, and you can avoid habitually making yourself look stupid.

The consensus for quite some time now is that Trudeau will get another minority government and that is probably what is going to happen.

The real question is if he will stay on as leader after another minority.

"Note: Figures include the debt of governments, households and non-financial corporations at the end of 2020 Q3."

So, we're both right and you are still wrong.

It's funny they're worried about household debt while also saying right at the top of the same page, "Economy shrank most in post-war era as people hoarded money". How can Canadians be troubled by high debt and hoarded savings at the same time? I wonder. Is there anything in that article that takes into account the expected release of all that pent up demand when things return to close to business as usual? Why yes, it turns out there is.

And tell me, how much of that household debt do you suppose is in the form of inflated mortgages resulting from sharply rising home prices and how much of it is debt due to other large purchases like TVs and cars?

And hey, I wonder how you missed this part,

So yeah, keep on spreading the manure, something is bound to grow. Mean time, the meme thread is over there.

ok
Hipster-befuddled-questions-900.jpg

Back