Can Wonderboy Thompson defeat Bobby knuckles at MW?

A good reason to call for Izzy Wonderboy

Is there something im missing here? It seems like the weight class wouldnt matter as long as they are the same weight.

Yeah, they're no longer the same weight. Whittaker won the Australian wrestling open at 208lbs in 2018 and Thompson claims to walk around 185ish. Furthermore Whittaker was 23 when he fought Thompson, and had only 14 pro fights to his name where Thompson was 31 and had a lifetimes experience already.

Yeah, they're no longer the same weight. Whittaker won the Australian wrestling open at 208lbs in 2018 and Thompson claims to walk around 185ish. Furthermore Whittaker was 23 when he fought Thompson, and had only 14 pro fights to his name where Thompson was 31 and had a lifetimes experience already.

I understand now, thanks.

>Australian Wrestling

>Commonwealth games

Not even NAIA level wrestling on this side of the globe.

The equivalent of a striker boasting Golden Gloves creds.

<36>

Wonderboy smashes him. Wonderboy would be goat if he had Whittaker's tdd. No one in ufc, probably not even pfp style bender, can out strike him without a wrestling threat. But wonderboy doesn't have the wrestling muscles or chosp to keep great wrestlers off him.

Whtitakers problem will always be really skilled high level strikers. Its proven with izzy and wonderboy.
As good as Rob is and I'm a fan, I think wonderboy has his number and it would be the same result
He would have never been champ in the previous era. Prime anderson would have murked him too.
Current Izzy is much better than Wonderboy

Wonderboy has a good chance but not a 1st rd KO

Actually looks more like Eddie Bravo...

<EdgyBrah>
My mind immediately went to this guy
KgIh0Jv.png

So I made this
jgKPiPq.png

DmwIgEf.png

EyBl2yP.png

Bobby is very effective against wrestler brawlers but I do not see him beating technical strikers.

If Wonderboy can get kOd by Pettis and knocked down a bunch of times by Woodley then he's lost enough of a step that Whittaker takes the rematch.

In hindsight, I think the Wonderboy vs Whittaker fight was poor match making. You have the young and up and comer from an region they wanted a bigger market in versus a highly accomplished veteran striker. WB had also won 2 straight coming into the fight and Whittaker was coming off a loss.

Last edited:
I would favor Rob but he does struggle when he doesnt have a quickness &/or speed advantage.

Back