Can Wonderboy Thompson defeat Bobby knuckles at MW?

Wonderboy is older, a little slower, but still a much more advanced and refined striker. Whittaker has more power, but technically he is inferior to Steven, like 30 to 70% in favor of WB in my humble opinion. Whittaker is a good dude, but he is a bit overrated.

Is there something im missing here? It seems like the weight class wouldnt matter as long as they are the same weight.
Uhhh yeah ur missing quite alot actually. Whitaker destroyed his body to make WW, when u cut that much weight, ur way more susceptible to getting KO'd. Look at all the bombs he took from Romero. Weight cutting limits fighters, but they just gotta have that "edge". Look what happened to Dillashaw

Few things on Sherdog are more cringe than grown men calling a guy "Bobby knuckles".

Aside from the cringe, it's like why? The guy already has a nickname, and 80% of the damn roster can be called "knuckles".... is he using his knuckles more than other dudes? He's not the best boxer, or the hardest puncher.... it's just bizarre.

<{clintugh}>
Cool!! thanks for ur super insight!!! I think that u put that much thought into it is way more bizarre, but i digress. Do u cringe boy

nope. wonderboy cant pick shots on knuckles like he did with other fools.

this is the only wonderboy that has a chance:

Wonderboy's age and size is are the factors why I don't see him beat Whittaker anymore, he still is in good condition but less dangerous than back in his prime. Even if those were the same, Whittaker is much better now than he was then. I'd really love to see that fight again.

Depends on if Knuckles uses his wrestling or not. When he chooses to mix it up, he's very effective. However, if he tries to strike with Wonderboy, he'll get UDed or KOed quickly.

I want to make a comment about the thread itself but got distracted by the weirdness of the posted pic on the opening thread

Few things on Sherdog are more cringe than grown men calling a guy "Bobby knuckles".

Aside from the cringe, it's like why? The guy already has a nickname, and 80% of the damn roster can be called "knuckles".... is he using his knuckles more than other dudes? He's not the best boxer, or the hardest puncher.... it's just bizarre.

<{clintugh}>
someones mad they never had a cool nickname before. i bet your name is Dale or some lame shit

Reactions: G10
I like thompson but his super power is the ability to make any fight boring. (And to forget he is white when he needs to fill some time on video )

lol No, one has improved beyond belief and one has digressed.

Uhhh yeah ur missing quite alot actually. Whitaker destroyed his body to make WW, when u cut that much weight, ur way more susceptible to getting KO'd. Look at all the bombs he took from Romero. Weight cutting limits fighters, but they just gotta have that "edge". Look what happened to Dillashaw

Ok, that actually makes alot of sense.
Thanks.

<{clintugh}>

Whittaker might have the most generic nickname on the entire roster and that’s saying something - he picked it after fans started calling him Bobby Knuckles due to a popular MMA podcast I believe.

Nobody has ever called Whittaker “the Reaper”; this is like Rory calling himself “Ares” or “The Red King” - you don’t give yourself a nickname, so I don’t get it.

Whether you like Bobby Knuckles as a name or not, if fans think of him by/call him that name it’s his nickname. It’s kind of funny how he hates it so much he has a create-a-fighter tough guy nickname that he picked for himself.

Do fighters that win the first fight always win the 2nd? Ask Matt Serra.

I think reaper returns the favor at a possible ( but not likely) 185 match up.

thyy.gif
Bobby went out like a warrior.

Mario bless.

Back