Can we pretty much all agree that Nunes will get the Win over Ronda ?

This is Sherdog. When have we ever agreed on anything?

"Can we all agree" threads are as lame as "Am I the only one" threads.

Ronda gets injured... Only 3 fights on card but still only 59.99....

Ronda does indeed have extra testastosterone coursing through her cells . But a high sex output before a big fight is no bueno just like in most men.
You don't ever think Travis holds her down in bed at night and say get out of it and test her and make her stronger

Ronda looks jacked af in her recent instagram pictures. I have the gut feeling she will return with a vengeance.

I'm not sure of anything in this fight. Amanda is a beast. She looked unstoppable in her last fight against Tate. But how many times have we seen her fade in fights she should have won when she somehow couldn't get the finish? I can see her beating the shit out of Ronda but not quite getting the stoppage and then getting stopped herself after she gasses and gives up. Ronda looks like she's in really great shape now, a lot better than when she fought Holly. We don't know if Ronda can still take a shot. Maybe she gets kayoed stiff before Amanda even breaks a sweat. But if Amanda doesn't stop her quick, anything can happen...

Ronda gassed badly against Holm
She was soft as baby shit coming into that fight. She got more hyped up to fight Bethe than an actual legit threat to her. Physically she looks more like when she went 3 grueling rounds with Tate the second time around and then finished strong. So I wouldn't read too much into that. Worst shape of her life, plus she was facing a stylistic nightmare for her and getting lit up. Easy to see why she gassed. Doesn't necessarily mean it will become a trend. Amanda has much more of a track record of gassing in fights.

I do think Nunes will win this fight rather handily. I have a parlay with both Cruz & Nunes winning, so here's hoping...

Nunes by armbar would be killarious.

Rhonda would never recover from that mentally.

simply put no. as long as nunes has arms ronda will have a very good chance of beating her.

Whether shes finishes her or goes the distance , i cant think of the last time ive been so sure of a fight prediction.

With Nunes being a +130 upon fight week im gonna have to make my first money bet on this

Anyone who uses an absolute to describe the outcome of a mma fight is either a new fan or really is unable to remember more than 10 minutes ago. There is zero guarantee in any fight in this sport.

i think we can all agree that this fight was given to ronda because it's a very winnable fight for her
Uh, no. The plan was ALWAYS for Ronda to come back and fight whoever was the current champ. Originally that was Holly. The rematch would have been big. Holly didn't want to wait around for Ronda to recover and took the fight against Tate even though the UFC wanted her to wait for Ronda. Tate choked her unconscious. So then Ronda was supposed to come back against Tate. Ronda wasn't ready then either. So then Tate gets destroyed by Amanda. It just so happens that she has the belt when Ronda is finally ready to come back. But Ronda was getting a title shot in her comeback fight whether it was Holly, Tate or Amanda.

Whether shes finishes her or goes the distance , i cant think of the last time ive been so sure of a fight prediction.

With Nunes being a +130 upon fight week im gonna have to make my first money bet on this

No lol

And if you think this fight is going the distance lmao

Its being stopped one way or the other in the 1st

I can't predict this one. Nunes seems tailor made for Ronda ...but how is this post-Holly Ronda going to react to the pressure, fear of making a comeback? What will she do if she gets hit hard in the first couple of skirmishes? Coin toss IMO.

Yes, of course she could win by decision but that would likely require a hurt and tired Ronda to hang on for dear life for several rounds. I doubt it's a very likely outcome but it could definitely happen. Ronda is a front-runner. You have no evidence that if the fight is going against her after a round or two that she will have much of a chance of winning at that point so any certainty here is misplaced. Any fight can go to decision not matter how much people expect otherwise. This is a lesson we've learned already in MMA, again and again. I could easily see Ronda getting smashed early but hanging on and having Nunes get almost as tired but still be the fresher, less damaged fighter and just beat Ronda up a bit for the rest of the fight. Or it could be a back and forth rockem sockem affair with both giving and receiving damage on the feet with neither quite folding and slowing down to a similar degree each round. Hard to know. I do agree that the most likely outcome is either a finish due to strikes early (or a sub set up by strikes) for Nunes or an early finish by armbar (or possibly strikes) for Ronda.
Well, I did pull back a bit and include a scenario where Nunes wins by decision but I think it's very unlikely. Not impossible but less than 1/10 chance (or something like that) IMO. The two of them in 25 combined wins have gone the distance once in their wins, that's an insane stat lol. A decision here would almost be like Maia KOing Wonderboy standing, not physically impossible but super low probability.

Last edited:
How exactly is Ronda a front runner? She kept fighting against Holm until she was knocked out cold.
She kept doing the same stupid shit thinking it would suddenly work. That demonstrates an inability to properly deal with adversity, to think and adapt when weaknesses are exposed which are qualities of a front runner. And I believe that due to her cockiness, the moment she realized she couldn't win was when she woke up on the canvas and figured out what had happened. Her level of confidence and trust that she could win no matter what was strong enough to keep her charging forward but it all ended when she was KO'd. After that, she literally went suicidal, turned into a purple-pillow-clutching recluse and ate herself half way to a coronary.

So, as soon as she wasn't a winner, she was shattered. Again, qualities of a front runner. She is strongest when she thinks she is unbeatable. And although she went back out there in round two and prosecuted the same lame game plan, she was clearly dazed by what was happening between rounds and beginning to have doubts and confusion creep in which she tried to shake off; that's what I saw. Her confidence was flagging and she didn't know what to do when her first approach didn't yield immediate results. She needs success in order to be at her best. If she is losing or perceives herself as losing, she doesn't perform well. So, yeah, I do think she's a front runner.

Another genuis making a bet on the basis of one performance (Nunes vs Tate) . Well I'm not a sadist so I will warn you. Don't bet money on Nunes. Better not to bet on this fight period but DEFINITELY do not bet on Nunes.

Don't agree at all. Everyone is speculating about Rousey's mental state, but no one has any idea what the hell is really going on in her head. Rhonda is -140 for a reason.

Don't agree at all. Everyone is speculating about Rousey's mental state, but no one has any idea what the hell is really going on in her head. Rhonda is -140 for a reason.

Well?

Back