Can we agree that Jamahal lost that fight before it even began?

SIGNIFICANT STRIKES

FIGHTERSIG. STRSIG. STR. %HEADBODYLEGDISTANCECLINCHGROUND
Alex Pereira
Jamahal Hill
24 of 30
12 of 22
80%
54%
12 of 15
1 of 7
6 of 6
3 of 6
6 of 9
8 of 9
13 of 16
12 of 22
0 of 0
0 of 0
11 of 14
0 of 0

you cant beat someone by KO, if you cant reach his head,
Jamahal Hill landed one strike to the head
Alex only landed one strike to the head as well standing. The rest he landed were on the ground. They both landed a lead hook on each other standing.

Ehhh, Hill was selling the event with the BS. It's same story for most fights, especially as a headliner for 300. I'm not sure Hill even recovered from his injury especially after watching the fight.

It's unbelievable that Hill was a UFC champion. His resume is poor, not overly skilled. It was a strange time at 205.

people forgot that Hill looked really bad against Glover

he was gassed out in Round 2, and could not finish someone who cant defend himself
it was more Glover losing the fight than Hill winning it

Hill has a huge fitness problem,
his body looked as bad as when he fought Glover,

if this guy decide to get smarter,
he will hire a top trainer, put 20pounds of muscle
and hire a nutritionist

because right now, he look like all these fighters who cant stop eating junk food

but when you claim your grappling is superior, and your gameplan is to KO a top kickboxer,
who made a name for himself by putting to sleep the best in the business
it will be really hard to make smart decision

It's unbelievable that Hill was a UFC champion. His resume is poor, not overly skilled. It was a strange time at 205.
still is a strange time in lhw. its in its weakest phase ever now. no dominant wrasslers are in the picture either. once jones and DC left that division was left of scraps of what it was, geriatric glover becoming the champ finally should of defined that.

still is a strange time in lhw. its in its weakest phase ever now. no dominant wrasslers are in the picture either. once jones and DC left that division was left of scraps of what it was, geriatric glover becoming the champ finally should of defined that.
I don't really count any of these guys as real champs since Jon left. Well Alex, but that's it.

Nothing but a build up of forced trash talk that wasn't called for. Throughout fight week, Jamahal would go from looking all pumped up and aggressive to scared shitless, meaning that he was actually scared shitless the entire time. His way of dealing it was to be disrespectful and angry, and as we know, anger's most often sourced from fear. It all culminated during Pereira's walkout when Jamahal was doing everything from standing outside the octagon to flailing around inside it. I'm not saying this was as bad as Megan Anderson looking like an utter ghost when she was entering the Apex to fight Nunes, but it was still bad.

This goes to show you that Pereira has become truly special. Guys are aware of the threat of brutal violence that he imposes. I get the sense that this same thing happened to a lot of Silva's opponents.

Back