Can Usman be as dominant as GSP?

He does not do one thing better than gsp and the division in my opinion is better today, so no

Currently, Jones and Khabib represent the pinnacle of sport. Do you think Usman can join those ranks? Dude is a monster and I believe he has already beaten his toughest match ups, with ease in case of Woodley and no I don't believe Woodley had an off fight. The first time he clinched with usman, dude was shook at the physical strength. Sorta like Edson against Khabib.
I do see Usman being champion for a while. Yes he has a loss but currently I don't see anyone beating him.
Also I don't get the hate on him? He seems like a cool dude who works his ass off. I mean he tries to talk but that's just selling a fight and he is nowhere as cringe as colby.
He just defended his first time doing the Rock&Sock game with Colvington and he lost a round doing that.

Too fast too soon,he have the tools though I give him that.

Trying out a different argument now? You know, since you claimed he didn’t raise his arms in victory and that told the whole story?
But he actually did.
No, you can tell by the look on his face that he has 0 confidence on winning the fight. Everyone knew who won that fight, but you'll come in here and post a picture of GSP maybe raising his hands. Are you sure he wasn't raising his hands to do this?

usatsi_7560759.jpg

But you keep saying that Hendricks won that fight because he "beat up GSP". So obviously you're only looking at superficial damage and you're impressed by a bit of blood and bruises, like a lil girl.
No, I'm talking about Hendricks punching GSP and putting him on bambi legs, strikes that visibly hurt GSP, that's what I mean when I say beat him up

If he kicked his ass he would have been champ. Again superficial damage and guys like you thinks that Hendricks won. I had GSP 1,3,5. Obviously so did the judges. Anytime a champ has a close fight people think they lost. Same thing when Jon Jones fought Santos
I had Hendricks 1, 2, and 4 like most of the people that watched the fight. Superficial damage had nothing to do with it.

No, you can tell by the look on his face that he has 0 confidence on winning the fight. Everyone knew who won that fight, but you'll come in here and post a picture of GSP maybe raising his hands. Are you sure he wasn't raising his hands to do this?

usatsi_7560759.jpg
“Everyone” lol. But yet you’ve been involved in and witnessed countless debates where MANY people felt GSP won.
And here’s some screen grabs since you know everything.
A2752362-6D6D-4156-921C-A761654BC9F0.jpeg 40B86F07-ADC8-4338-842D-7B40701E34A1.png 6614935E-1811-40B4-824D-9DF1152BB4F4.png

“Everyone” lol. But yet you’ve been involved in and witnessed countless debates where MANY people felt GSP won.
And here’s some screen grabs since you know everything.
View attachment 722929 View attachment 722931 View attachment 722933
That's after his team got in the cage. Nothing changes his facial expression and body language when the final bell rang, not to mention when they were standing right before the scorecards were being read. He was as shocked as everyone was when the scorecards were read.

And by many people you mean the GSP fanboys like yourself who will never admit they thought he lost before the scorecards were read.

Here's a thread from that night... I think you're over exaggerating how many people thought GSP won

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...s-hendricks-and-how-did-you-score-it.2606947/

There are these people (Using this term loosely) that really believe GSP's grow on trees. That in this newer age,that we will just have more guys like him who will accomplish more with the dazzling array of skills in which he used to dominate the opposition. Never gonna happen bro. GSP is a one of a kind athlete,and I doubt anyone will come anytime soon that will even remind us of him.

Hendicks hurtled into obscurity and GSP was still able to come back and win another title.Anyone bringing up the correct decision in the negative are just buzzing gnats asking to smashed by the hand of truth. Alot of his contemporaries were long gone when he came back to do that.
Because he is the GOAT,and because he felt like it.

Not "salty" about anything. I've just seen the fight and both fighters knew who won the fight when the final bell sounded.
Just because Hendricks and his delusional corner told him he won every round when he clearly did not doesn't mean anything.

GSP didn't know if he won and it was telling based on his reaction after the fight because he wasn't delusional like Hendricks and his corner.

There is no argument across the MMA world who won rounds 2-5. It came down to how you scored an extremely close 1st round.

Anyone that thinks this fight is a robbery simply doesn't understand how to score MMA fights. That's it.

You can also thank Rogan's horrible bias during the fight for skewing the viewers (Something Rogan has done dozens of times) into thinking some guy is dominating a fight he clearly is not.

Another Rogan obvious bias example: Dillashaw/Cruz

GSP arguably won. Hendricks arguably won. Try being impartial and see how much more your eyes open when you're watching fights.

usatsi_7560759.jpg

So this is what you're calling him being disappointed because he's critical of himself? Looks like someone that just got their ass kicked, and knows it, to me.
Looks like a guy who had a tough fight against a guy who gave away the championship by coasting in the 5th because his delusional corner couldn't be honest with him. lol

Just because Hendricks and his delusional corner told him he won every round when he clearly did not doesn't mean anything.

GSP didn't know if he won and it was telling based on his reaction after the fight because he wasn't delusional like Hendricks and his corner.

There is no argument across the MMA world who won rounds 2-5. It came down to how you scored an extremely close 1st round.

Anyone that thinks this fight is a robbery simply doesn't understand how to score MMA fights. That's it.

You can also thank Rogan's horrible bias during the fight for skewing the viewers (Something Rogan has done dozens of times) into thinking some guy is dominating a fight he clearly is not.

Another Rogan obvious bias example: Dillashaw/Cruz

GSP arguably won. Hendricks arguably won. Try being impartial and see how much more your eyes open when you're watching fights.
1. I don't listen to anything Rogan says during fights.

2. I am being impartial. I watched the fight and had Hendricks clearly winning 3 rounds by landing the cleaner, harder strikes.

3. Unlike most people on this site, I have no problem admitting when one of my favorite fighters loses a close decision, Aldo/Moraes. Hendricks is not one of my favorites, I'm referring to GSP fans. He did not lose the BJ 1 fight, another one of my favorites, like some people say, but he lost this fight.

1. I don't listen to anything Rogan says during fights.

2. I am being impartial. I watched the fight and had Hendricks clearly winning 3 rounds by landing the cleaner, harder strikes.

3. Unlike most people on this site, I have no problem admitting when one of my favorite fighters loses a close decision, Aldo/Moraes. Hendricks is not one of my favorites, I'm referring to GSP fans. He did not lose the BJ 1 fight, another one of my favorites, like some people say, but he lost this fight.
Nah gsp won the first round, the only round that is debatable. Hendricks did good though.

And Usman is not close to gsp. People claimed Woodley had surpassed him, people is already starting the same shit with Usman and people will say it again when the next guy wins the belt.

Nah gsp won the first round, the only round that is debatable. Hendricks did good though.

And Usman is not close to gsp. People claimed Woodley had surpassed him, people is already starting the same shit with Usman and people will say it again when the next guy wins the belt.
Based on what?

And I never said he or Woodley was close.

That's after his team got in the cage. Nothing changes his facial expression and body language when the final bell rang, not to mention when they were standing right before the scorecards were being read. He was as shocked as everyone was when the scorecards were read.

And by many people you mean the GSP fanboys like yourself who will never admit they thought he lost before the scorecards were read.

Here's a thread from that night... I think you're over exaggerating how many people thought GSP won

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...s-hendricks-and-how-did-you-score-it.2606947/
lol! Do you really want me to believe you’re that ignorant/oblivious to what goes on in this forum? So you post a poll from almost 7 years ago from the day of the fight? So you really think when most people scored the fight as a whole (or weren’t actually scoring it all) and were in shock from the closeness of a GSP fight, that’s how people feel now? Haha haha!
How about everyone that gave it a rewatch and actually scored it by round like you’re supposed to?
You know damn well that fight is seen differently now. After people began watching more closely.
And... way to try to move the goalposts. He lifted his arms immediately after the bell also.

His age, and the supposed shape of his knees say it’s not even remotely possible. Maybe the “next guy” will be the saviour for the GSP hating crowd.

Back