Can Usman be as dominant as GSP?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Currently, Jones and Khabib represent the pinnacle of sport. Do you think Usman can join those ranks? Dude is a monster and I believe he has already beaten his toughest match ups, with ease in case of Woodley and no I don't believe Woodley had an off fight. The first time he clinched with usman, dude was shook at the physical strength. Sorta like Edson against Khabib.
I do see Usman being champion for a while. Yes he has a loss but currently I don't see anyone beating him.
Also I don't get the hate on him? He seems like a cool dude who works his ass off. I mean he tries to talk but that's just selling a fight and he is nowhere as cringe as colby.

No. Gsp is a once ever.

no, Usman is not one of the best, he is a "better average"

Currently, Jones and Khabib represent the pinnacle of sport. Do you think Usman can join those ranks? Dude is a monster and I believe he has already beaten his toughest match ups, with ease in case of Woodley and no I don't believe Woodley had an off fight. The first time he clinched with usman, dude was shook at the physical strength. Sorta like Edson against Khabib.
I do see Usman being champion for a while. Yes he has a loss but currently I don't see anyone beating him.
Also I don't get the hate on him? He seems like a cool dude who works his ass off. I mean he tries to talk but that's just selling a fight and he is nowhere as cringe as colby.
Woodley also thought he was a better wrestler (D1). It wasn't just the strength. Woodley thought he was better everywhere just like he said in the press conference. Usman is stronger but had a more complete skillset and blended his skillset into a great strategy. Woodley was confused and overwhelmed. It was only an off night because Usman turned his switch off. Woodley and Askren are both delusional, they refuse to acknowledge greatness in MMA. Woodley keeps rapping and Askren plays disk golf. I guess guys like Woodley and Colby keep training and getting better. We'll see if Leon has been doing the same thing. I hope Leon cleans Woodley's clock. It's time for the new blood to take over the division.

Usman just had his first defense when GSP had nine, plus 13 wins overall in title fights. Kamaru has a long way to go before we can start talking about being as dominant as GSP.

Is that the guy that lost to Rick Story and robbed Koscheck?
Woodley, the guy who gets beat by anyone who pushes the pace on him and isn't shot. Yeah, he's so much better. Hendricks was a better fighter than Woodley. Colby and Usman would have a hell of a fight on their hands with the Hendricks GSP fought.

Colby lost to Warley Alves, since you wanna throw out the Rick Storys and such.

Nah , There is only one Georges St-Pierre. Snoozeman doesn't even come close.

Kamaru's style is too labour intensive and not that subtle and crafty as GSP's. Yeah, I easily see him defending that title 3-4 times, but no way he is doing the winstreak of GSP after that Serra loss. No fucking way. He has to be at 100% because he relies a lot on overwhelming his opponents. After a while his body will deteriorate and he will quickly begin to lose a step or two and then it's a free fall. I really can't see him making more than 5 defenses.

And remember, he is 32, it's not like he is 25 or something like that. I don't care how good of an athlete he is - father time doesn't care.

I think that sooner or later someone might be able to exploit Usman's weaknesses in the stand up.
Which is also the reason why i don't think that he'll get on the level GSP was.

Lol @ Hendricks being better than Woodley

Arguably lost to Lawler twice and got stiffened by Wonderboy. Barely even beat no TDD Condit as well hahahaha

GSP is overrated, deal with it
Overrated?
Out of all the GOAT candidates, St-Pierre has faced the highest level of opposition with only Jones coming close.
He's also proven to be the superior fighter against everyone he's stepped in the cage against.

Pretty shure it's gonna be close to impossible at current state of MMA and WW division in general, but if he manages to get atleast 5 defenses, than it might get interesting. GSP was exceptional.

Lol @ Hendricks being better than Woodley

Arguably lost to Lawler twice and got stiffened by Wonderboy. Barely even beat no TDD Condit as well hahahaha

GSP is overrated, deal with it
You know when you're new to a site like this making yourself look ignorant isn't the best strategy. I wouldn't even remotely call myself a GSP fanboy as his cautious style post Serra irked me and don't even get me started on his cherry picking of Bisping for his MW title but he's rightfully in the GOAT discussion with Fedor et al.

Sure. Just gotta defend a dozen times and then move up and take another belt.
Is it impossible? No.
Is it hard? Yes.

Usman would dominate GSP

Too much mileage on Usman and his style won't hold up because of it.

I don't think he will make it to 5 defenses.

Neither in nor out of the Octagon will Usman attain GSP levels of dominance.

Back