Can someone post a gif of the "incredible" footwork and movement of McGregor????

I don't understand the granite chin thing either. He hasn't been hit that much so just because he didn't get KO'd with the <10 punches he got in the fight doesn't mean he has a good chin.

He doesn't have to show much of subtle and sublime stuff, if opponents can't do shit to him while's he's going forward throwing full power away.

Such approach against Aldo would be risky at best, of course, but it's obvious that he'll fight Aldo differently.

Especially at ~1:09.

Dude moves really well.

this isnt footwork these are kick drills lol i can do that and im not a striker at all like literally zero experience striking other than hitting a bad or pads never even sparred before. anyone with a year of taebo can do that.

now that being said mcgregegors control of distance is great his actual footwork not so much hes actually very hittable.

He doesn't have to show much of subtle and sublime stuff, if opponents can't do shit to him while's he's going forward throwing full power away.

Such approach against Aldo would be risky at best, of course, but it's obvious that he'll fight Aldo differently.

It is his foot work/movement that gets them moving backwards instead of circling away he puts them against the cage where he does his best work.

VkM7sV2DoZvZ6.gif

Damn, it's like they have a gyroscope.

this isnt footwork these are kick drills lol i can do that and im not a striker at all like literally zero experience striking other than hitting a bad or pads never even sparred before. anyone with a year of taebo can do that.

now that being said mcgregegors control of distance is great his actual footwork not so much hes actually very hittable.

Did I say anything about footwork? Dude wanted to see movement. There you go.

This thread succeded in making me want to have a goat farm when I grow old.

I will name them after MMA fighters.

He plodds forward and has good reflexes, although he does get hit occasionally, which some confuse as good footwork. Might work on some but I doubt it'll work against Aldo.

Lol, this thread is better than I expected.

Footwork doesn't necessarily mean being on your toes the whole time dancing around like Frankie Edgar or TJ Dillashaw, FYI.

He barely ever has to use defensive footwork because of the way he pressures his opponents. He shows some in the Marcus Brimage fight though, and he's great at catching guys while he's moving backwards. He caught Siver with a left while backing up.
[YT]watch?v=OpAC2JOJiXM[/YT]

call it what you want but McGOAT's composure, comfort and presence in front of his opponent is increadible. I've never seen him fight really but the way he walked down a decent opponent/striker in Siver was impressive; the constant pressure really broke down Siver before the actual TKO, imo.

Should be a fun fight vs Aldo, his sprawl and scrambling was very good. People point that he got taken down by Siver but he clearly has a good sprawl and recovery after the takedown hit.

He's pretty good (great, considering he's performing this well within the UFC), but the Rogan and UFC hyperbole about his focused understanding of the motion of all things on a biomolecular level is little more than comedy. They speak as though he's lived a thousand lifetimes at the top of mount putuo dedicating one lifetime each to an individual martial arts movement and has now been reborn as some Scottish Irish guy.

the goat has incredible athleticism. and i'm saying that, not meaning he's black. so i really mean it.

Back