Can someone post a gif of the "incredible" footwork and movement of McGregor????

4-year-olds do it?

Don't underestimate a gymnast. They have all the tools to kick and move just as effortlessly as anything else they do in our line of work. Just need the technique really.

I have them warm up with some Muay Thai, TKD and Capoeira/Tricking/breakdancing esque techniques just to break the pattern of our normal warmups and just to have fun.

Not trying to be offensive, its def cool to see McGregor doing it, but its honestly not at that high of a level. Its just drilling. Im not taking jabs at it or anything.

He isn't bad, and he is very flamboyant and creative so that helps him out a lot

But you are right in that he definetly has bad boxing. He can't dance to feint and cut angles, and he has 0 head movement.

It is pretty remarkable that he hasn't been knocked out cold yet, so he is doing something right for sure (being rangey as fuck while fighting long helps a lot here too)

Dude.. What?

I think people are trolling but i keep reading the lines like "his amazing footwork",he's a dynamic fighter,he moves so well...

In every fight i've seen,including Siver's, he only plods forward with his arms wide open ala Bobby Green/diaz sytle and shows less than 0 head movement or footwork.

Siver tagged him,Porier broke his teeth,hell even Brimage tagged him because he doesn't move at all.

Don't get me wrong he has some serious power and seems to have a granite chin,but great movement???WTF??

Can someone show me a gif of his dynamic style??

Did you watch his marcus brimage fight? He showed excellent footwork in that fight and I think he moved backwards most of the time. So either your biased and looking for reason to hate on Connor or you didn't know this fight happened.

What incredible footwork and movement? He has none.

I don't know if he has incredible footwork, but he has extremely effective footwork. He covers distance in and out, and establishes/maintains a comfortable striking range very, very well. Very effective, but he's no Mighty Mouse or Dominick Cruz. "Incredible" is subjective, and I could see why someone would argue that he does.

giphy.gif

/thread

This is like showing Butterbean running and say he can move lol

Show me something in a fight?

Footwork isn't all about hopping around like Clay Guida, it's about getting in position to land strikes/avoid strikes which I think Conor is quite good at doing..

I'm not sure it's his footwork, which is decent, and he seems to be bouncing a round a decent bit. It's more his fluidity in movement, as he 'plods' forward or closes the distance, his opponent has no idea what kind of strike to expect. He doesn't really telegraph anything, so his opponents have the feeling of being swarmed or drowned in strikes from all different angles with little to no escape. He doesn't always throw first to which helps him be even more unpredictable.

All this, and I still got Aldo.

Beautiful movement. I was looking for this exact gif. TS does this satisfy you?

nah, TS will probably say that Rashad Evans has "superior" footwork even though he doesn't do shit

Last edited:
Because great footwork means bouncing around and swaying your upper body at all times, stopping only to do the shuffle....

Back