Can someone explain why Joe Rogan never competed in UFC or Jiu Jitsu tourneys?

I'd say a combination of tired of getting hurt and not the motivation to keep training when he made a shit load of money doing other things that didn't involve brain, joint, and ligament damage.

I remember that, Rogan is a leprechaun compared to Coleman and this was a Coleman who only weighs 200 pounds to Rogans 183 pounds now with twig legs from multiple joint and knee and hip injuries not that mass monster of 255 pounds he was back in the day.

Here is it time stamped the build up to the tussle

Not only is Coleman in relatively bad shape, Rogan is on ALL the PEDs. He still got tossed like nothing.

Rogan is mostly talk.

Just reading the thread title I was going to mention Flannery until his example was used in the opening post.

He was legit gonna fight wesley snipes but then snipes went to jail iirc.

He had a good thing going and no need to fuck that up

Don't they got senior divisions, I think Rorion and Rener had Al Bundy compete in one before giving him a belt.
I took an non-amateur fight in MI right before MMA was sanctioned here. I don't talk about it, because we wore shin pads, and there was no punching to the face. This was 6 months after I started. I landed a couple of the best leg kicks of the night, before being taken down, mounted, and arm-barred. I don't count it as a fight, really, but at 24 I wasn't afraid to try after 6 months. I ended up going a couple few more years and getting better. Never wanted a real amateur fight after that elks lodge exhibition.. But I sucked, and only had a couple years of karate a little bit of boxing. Rogan would do better than I did.

But a "trained martial artist" who's like 20 years younger? Come on. Yeah, Coleman would ragdoll most people, but he shouldn't ragdoll a real fighter at this point in his life. No disrespect to Coleman, but he's had a hip replacement. Really bad look for Joe.
yeah Coleman has bad hips and bad knees his legs are super skinny now and he weighs like 200 pounds with a pot belly, he isn that 250 pound lean muscular guy from UFC or pride.

He was moving like a grand pa and Joe thought he could one up this old guy and then Coleman put him in his place

1 age
2 he wouldn't pass a drug test
3 he doesn't want to get hit in the head (no mma)
4 he's had issues with multiple parts of his body (both knees, shoulder, I believe he said he had a neck injury before)
5 he has no desire to compete or coach.

I'd like to see him do a one off grappling match purely for fun.

Rogan needs to fight cm punk. First fight on the main card .Do it Dana!

Majority of BJJ practitioners do not compete. People do it for fun or self defense not just to prove something to someone. Joe does it for fun and to understand fight game. Why does it bother you so much? did he make you look beta in front of your gf?
I’m going to ask this, and it isn’t sarcastic. Do you train BJJ?
I’ve got purple belt under Micah Lopez. Not a big name, but I’ve been doing it awhile. I’d say the strong ,MINORITY of BJJ practioners DONT compete. Everywhere I’ve been has strongly pushed everyone to compete

EDIT: I mean compete in tourneys not professionally. It sounds like maybe that’s what the TS meant

I remember that, Rogan is a leprechaun compared to Coleman and this was a Coleman who only weighs 200 pounds to Rogans 183 pounds now with twig legs from multiple joint and knee and hip injuries not that mass monster of 255 pounds he was back in the day.

Here is it time stamped the build up to the tussle

Joe arm dragged him and took his back it would have been over there if Joe wanted it.

Joe arm dragged him and took his back it would have been over there if ghtJoe wanted it.
You think if both men knew it was a legit fight, joe would have won?
I don’t think there’s a chance in hell he wins

What weight class would Joe even be? He claims 5'8 but is really 5'7.

What weight class would Joe even be? He claims 5'8 but is really 5'7.
Joe is 5 foot 6 and said he weighs 183 pounds lean muscle from trt.

in his prime he was like 154 pounds lean no cutting weight walk around.

There’s Masters divisions in just about every popular BJJ org. Maybe he’d feel bad for being on whatever PED he may be on and competing against hobbyists who aren’t. I’m sure he’s do well at least in the Masters divisions. I think it’d be cool to see him compete, he’d probably get a lot of love from the BJJ community for going out there and doing it. People crowded around and cheered for Anthony Bourdaine whenever he competed

ppl comming up with excuses.

hes probably not that good or ego cant handle a loss.

hes roided to the gills. so no age excuse plz

ppl comming up with excuses.

hes probably not that good or ego cant handle a loss.

hes roided to the gills. so no age excuse plz
yeah even Al Bundy who is 72 did Masters seniors division tourney, Bourdain did them too, Rogan makes so many excuses yet he is always acting like one of those guys who lives life for physical challenge on his podcast saying how he does yoga and kettle bells

Heck he could just do some super grapple fight with that Actor Sean Patrick Flanery they wont even drug test it would be fun win or lose and people would still respect him.

Only tae kwon do tourneys bro..

tumblr_mvygr3y0hf1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
Lmaooo the only footage of Joe Rogan fighting is some grainy footage from 1943!! Lmao this is such a joke. Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He thinks he’s a fighter and tries to push that public image. But he’s not and never will be a fighter.

Why would Rogan need to compete in anything when he can show the same wheel kick KO from 25 years ago and talk down to Callen to solidify his bad ass persona.

Lmaooo the only footage of Joe Rogan fighting is some grainy footage from 1943!! Lmao this is such a joke. Joe Rogan is a wannabe. He thinks he’s a fighter and tries to push that public image. But he’s not and never will be a fighter.
yeah like I said he even clowned CM punk yes CM punk cant bust a grape and is garbage but at least he had the balls, Rogan made excuses and he said when he was doing UFC there was no weight classes, thats BS he was commentating when they had lightweight division which he would have competed in that had lil evil Jens Pulver.

Back