Can someone explain why Joe Rogan never competed in UFC or Jiu Jitsu tourneys?

I’m going to ask this, and it isn’t sarcastic. Do you train BJJ?
I’ve got purple belt under Micah Lopez. Not a big name, but I’ve been doing it awhile. I’d say the strong ,MINORITY of BJJ practioners DONT compete. Everywhere I’ve been has strongly pushed everyone to compete

EDIT: I mean compete in tourneys not professionally. It sounds like maybe that’s what the TS meant
Exactly. Even in smaller clubs, like the one I train at, we are encouraged to compete right from the white belt level. To test ourselves against others of the same skill level outside of practice. Which is where you can gauge your real mental strength. I've never met a black belt who has never competed.

The money was never right.

Also because his black belts are basically bought out by his celebrity status. It's obvious to him and anyone with half a brain that Rogan would get owned by most blue belts in any BJJ tournaments.

Majority of BJJ practitioners do not compete. People do it for fun or self defense not just to prove something to someone. Joe does it for fun and to understand fight game. Why does it bother you so much? did he make you look beta in front of your gf?
this is part of the reason why wrestling is superior to bjj

There are zero piss test for BJJ tournaments. I'm sure he just avoids it for the same reason a lot of higher levels do. It's too much risk for little reward.

The ego killer of getting beat in front of thousands of people plus the internet is too big a risk. If he wins, well he was supposed to. If he loses everyone talks a bunch of shit.
Man he already got man handled by elderly bad hip coleman what ego is there to kill he might as well try it, sean patrick flanery is 52 same age as joe might as well grapple him in a superfight at polaris or metamoris would be fun

wasn't there a thread on this not too long ago? rogan has said a bunch of times, it's because, "my hands are terrible", and he would get lit-up while sparring. he also said because he was afraid of damaging his brain.

wasn't there a thread on this not too long ago? rogan has said a bunch of times, it's because, "my hands are terrible", and he would get lit-up while sparring. he also said because he was afraid of damaging his brain.
what does this have to do with bjj tourneys?

Exactly. Even in smaller clubs, like the one I train at, we are encouraged to compete right from the white belt level. To test ourselves against others of the same skill level outside of practice. Which is where you can gauge your real mental strength. I've never met a black belt who has never competed.
Yeah most black belts are given to guys who actually competed in some form of legit challenge, either mma, or a match tourney.

Anthony bourdain competed as a white belt in a tourney in front of hundreds of people. joe probably feels that his ego would get shattered if he got tapped by a white collar no name middle aged jiu jitsu guy in a masters division match.

Ive said it before even al bundy had to compete and he was like 67 when he finally got his black belt after 25 years training with rorion and rener in the second half of his training.

Joe got a black belt by his good dear close friend eddie bravo, bravo comes from the machado line of blackbelts correct?

Understandable, but what about bjj or grapple matches masters or senior division? There is No excuse for him not to test himself, if the late Anthony Bourdain competed in a tourney why not joe?

Becauseon his podcast he always boasts about putting himself through tough situations physically and how he loves training jitsu wouldnt a guy who has promoted stuff like this by having tough guy guests who do grueling jobs and sports to test their limit try it himself?

Even Bryan Callen at his age does smoker fights under featherweight boxing legend Wayne McCullough, I know its not a legit fight but a lot of those smokers can get heated I seen one with Mario Lopez at wild card with freddie roach from 2006 before the cops warned Roach to stop doing them

Even Lopez has the balls and this is Lopez who is an actor and top TV host doing shit like this a real pretty boy, while Rogan talks about it but never likes to test himself. I think Rogan said he was afraid of concussions or something.

I'm impressed that Callen does that. I didn't expect that.

Understandable, but what about bjj or grapple matches masters or senior division? There is No excuse for him not to test himself, if the late Anthony Bourdain competed in a tourney why not joe?

yeah, i don't get that, either. i guess he's afraid of looking bad, and hurting his reputation. don't know what other reason there would be.

yes, but why didn't he compete in bjj, you are missing half the title question

yeah, i decided to only answer that part of the question. for the other part, see my previous post.

Joe was 30 and not a heavyweight when he started his backstage interview gig?

I'm impressed that Callen does that. I didn't expect that.
Yes and Rogan turns into a bully on the podcast, he always tries to check callen saying stop you are not a tough guy bryan, i wish for once bryan would just snap and call rogan out for being a wannabe who doesnt have the guts to test himself in competition. rogan ticks a lot of people off why does he have the nerve to talk down on bryan doing smoker sparring type fights, but he doesnt even do jits tourneys himself? It seems he is jealous and insecure and disses callen because a guy who he feels is inferior to him even has the balls to step up and test himself every weekend.

Why the hell does this keep coming up? No sorry guys, Rogan would whoop your ass.

Joe was 30 and not a heavyweight when he started his backstage interview gig?
Tank Abbott challenged joe rogan to a ufc fight in his post fight interview and joe timidly giggled like a nervous school girl, tank did it because he hear joe rogan questioning his technique

Even old ass ron van cleef at 57 stepped into the cage.

Tank Abbott challenged joe rogan to a ufc fight in his post fight interview and joe timidly giggled like a nervous school girl, tank did it because he hear joe rogan questioning his technique

Even old ass ron van cleef at 57 stepped into the cage.
10-15 in MMA, 10-16 if Joe would've fought him.

Joe Rogan is a loudmouth know it all who closet gays and manlets look up to, but worst than not competing, was asking a subpar martial artist to compete (W.Snipes)

Thats Rogan for you, a :eek::eek::eek:ot who drools on pro fighters looks, and pick on non fighters/non trained civilians to make himself look good.

Back